Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Atalanta

I did mention in the other thread (not blowing my own trumpet) or appearing to be arrogant. but the 3 at the back doesnt work. we actually try it a lot when we have the pushed inside full back.. and the centre back goes out to fill the full back spot. it opens up our centre back areas to wide. you see the likes of Endo dropping deep in the sweeper role..
    I hope our new manager doesn't go for that.. we should play a natural 4/3/3.

Against very technical teams like Atlanta who got their movement right. our centre backs were all over the shop at the back. because they had the timing of their runs ideal..
    we didnt start with natural width either.. everything was inside. Elliot is an inside forward (who plays better off the bench) hes not a wide player in the sense of a natural wide player. hes unable to cross with his right foot when hes deep. he has no right foot at all.
    Dunno who was on the left this evening for the first half. take your pick.. we got to clever and tried to play fancy..with numerous midfielders. we are better when we play direct to the wide areas and stretch the game,
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Agree. Felt the subs were reactive and relating to our previous game. Klopp is done (emotionally) he looks like a tired man and it is coming out as agitation. We must just enjoy these last couple of weeks with him. It feels that even the supporters are not giving him that atmosphere. I don't know I'm not in the stadiums but it just feels like we are having that entitled air about us, it is not feeling desperate and humble and hungry like we but have this 1 game in front of us. Maybe all these quadrupples and succesful seasons have drained us and we just want it on a platter. Sad for Klopp if these 2 quarter finals are how he bows put, away to United where finishing let him down and then tonight where everything was just so flat.
    I agree with this.

Difference between Mane and Diaz. obviously Mane is much better player. But Diaz over does everything. Mane passed the ball when he needed too. Diaz always wants the extra dribble or extra 2/3 touches. I do like Diaz though. hes done well this season. But he needs to cut down the selfishness

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    You think hes gonna be first choice when Alisson is not fit or leaves??
    Well he is now, if Alisson leaves then who knows. But our problems tonight and the previous disappointments really are not down to Caomhin. My stream was crap but did he not save a cert within the first 2 minutes tonight ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson78 View Post
    My point In his last season at Dortmund when everyone knew he was leaving his team finished 7th in the league and won a trophy called DFL Super Cup. I believe we will now finish third in the league and only won the one trophy.
    Except for the fact that even if we finish third and with the Carabao cup as the only trophy we've won, it's still a successful season by any objective measure - especially when you consider the fact that this was supposed to be a rebuilding season when we were never expected to be challenging for any title let alone winning any trophies, with a midfield rebuilt from scratch and with half our starting lineup spending half the season on the physio's bench.

Our goal at the start of the season was to get into Champions League places and even with your disappointing assessment of where we might finish, it will therefore have been achieved and the season will have been a success.

Dortmund's 7th place finish that season was a failure by any objective measure.

Hence the reason I said that that comparison doesn't work at all.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    Well he is now, if Alisson leaves then who knows. But our problems tonight and the previous disappointments really are not down to Caomhin. My stream was crap but did he not save a cert within the first 2 minutes tonight ?
    so he saved some shots. he let in TWO howlers. This isnt just tonight. its his standard over all,. hes not good enough to take over Alisson..hes gonna always have errors in him.,. so much so. hes gonna cost us more than he saves us.

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    Sounds like there's been plenty more to blame aside from Kelleher.
    If anyone has any alternative as a back up who's better I'd like to hear it. He'd get in most Prem teams starting lineups.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Sounds like there's been plenty more to blame aside from Kelleher.
    If anyone has any alternative as a back up who's better I'd like to hear it. He'd get in most Prem teams starting lineups.
    20 million and hes theres.

I did mention in the other thread (not blowing my own trumpet) or appearing to be arrogant. but the 3 at the back doesnt work. we actually try it a lot when we have the pushed inside full back.. and the centre back goes out to fill the full back spot. it opens up our centre back areas to wide. you see the likes of Endo dropping deep in the sweeper role..
    I hope our new manager doesn't go for that.. we should play a natural 4/3/3.

Against very technical teams like Atlanta who got their movement right. our centre backs were all over the shop at the back. because they had the timing of their runs ideal..
    we didnt start with natural width either.. everything was inside. Elliot is an inside forward (who plays better off the bench) hes not a wide player in the sense of a natural wide player. hes unable to cross with his right foot when hes deep. he has no right foot at all.
    Dunno who was on the left this evening for the first half. take your pick.. we got to clever and tried to play fancy..with numerous midfielders. we are better when we play direct to the wide areas and stretch the game,
    A great post

I think we can mix it up, play our direct style & the shorter possession game I always thought our playing direct & making the right movement & playing the right passes when they’re on & taking the fewest number of touches & passes possible to score the goal or create the chance in a lightning quick sweeping move would help our movement decision making & passing in the shorter game & in turn help us be able to naturally switch it up & mix it up as part of the possession game

I’ve always thought we should play at least 15 minutes of our old style for a spell pretty regularly in games to keep our ability at it & help our shorter game & everything else blend & come together

20 million and hes theres.
    So who's the backup keeper you're bringing in who's an improvement?