Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Crystal Palace

Your team v Crystal Palace

There's so much to say about that "performance" against Atalanta and yet it can be summated in very few words.

We were garbage. Such a lack of energy, such a lack of cohesion.

Losing games by a 3-goal margin at Anfield cannot become the norm. It was bad when we lost in the 2-5 against Real Madrid, but with a side like that there is always the possibility it can happen. Whilst Atalanta do deserve credit this evening and have been an exciting team for a few seasons now, they shouldn't be scalping us like that on Home soil.

Selection headaches for the weekend. Whilst I never rule out something special happening with Liverpool in Europe, we have left ourselves a huge task for the second leg and I imagine (?) that of the two Tournaments, the Premier League suddenly looks like the one where we have a slightly better shout, given that we are joint-top. I think Reds everywhere could be forgiven for feeling pessimistic about the remainder of the season if asked right now, so hopefully we can feel a bit differently in 48 hours when the dust has settled.

..........................Kelleher

Bradley......Quansah....Van Dijk... Tsimikas

...........................Endo

...................Elliott........Mac Allister

.........Salah.........Jota........Núñez

If Jota can manage a full half of football, I'd start him in the hope of bringing him off at half-time. I very much doubt we can field him for 90 minutes and it would be unwise to do so.

I'm genuinely not arsed though about personnel - it's about individuals playing to their best level at the weekend, whoever they are.

If you are lucky enough to get picked at the weekend, whoever you are, you'd best bring it. Our season could fall apart with a Sunday-to-Thursday period or it could get CPR that brings it back and make the embers at the end of Klopp's reign burn bright - so do him, yourselves and this club proud please.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Kelleher

Bradley Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Szoboszlai Mac Allister Jones

Salah Jota Nunez

I’d start Jota if he’s considered fit enough to & although Mo’s desperately out of form as Jota drops in and roams a bit at times I’m kind of hoping that Mo & Nunez click like they did last season starting in those positions

Jota does some of the bits & pieces we miss from Mane, wins headers ahead of defenders or does enough to make sure they can’t get an effective clearance so we can win pick up the second ball, presses really well & puts himself about a lot more and he always times his run into the box when a cross is coming in really well which should give Robbo & Bradley someone consistent to look for

Konate Virgil Jota & Nunez at corners & free kick gives us increased chances of scoring I think get our best takers in them Mac Robbo & Trent if he comes on & make sure we put in top quality delivery & try a cheeky Robbo to Mac to hit first time just his side of the D number too

Alisson
    Konate Virgil Quansah
    Soboz Gravenb Maca Jones Robbo
    Gakpo Jota

Cant believe anyone would start with Elliot. Jones has to be in the 11 Endo Macca and Jones.. back 4 of Bradley Virgil Konate and Robertson.. and front 3 of Diaz Nunez and Salah. I wouldn't start Jota yet.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Need to put work & emphasis on greatly improving our verbal & visual communication all the players helping & directing each other we used to do a lot more of that especially directing each other in the pressing & counter pressing & their positioning

I’d start with Jota, Gakpo and Diaz if Jota’s fit.
    Nunez and Salah have been shocking. They both need to know they don’t get a start for just turning up, they have to be much much better.
    There’s a title to be won and they don’t seem arsed.

Might do Mo and Darwin some good to take a back seat - come on hungry to perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    There's so much to say about that "performance" against Atalanta and yet it can be summated in very few words.

We were garbage. Such a lack of energy, such a lack of cohesion.

Losing games by a 3-goal margin at Anfield cannot become the norm. It was bad when we lost in the 2-5 against Real Madrid, but with a side like that there is always the possibility it can happen. Whilst Atalanta do deserve credit this evening and have been an exciting team for a few seasons now, they shouldn't be scalping us like that on Home soil.

Selection headaches for the weekend. Whilst I never rule out something special happening with Liverpool in Europe, we have left ourselves a huge task for the second leg and I imagine (?) that of the two Tournaments, the Premier League suddenly looks like the one where we have a slightly better shout, given that we are joint-top. I think Reds everywhere could be forgiven for feeling pessimistic about the remainder of the season if asked right now, so hopefully we can feel a bit differently in 48 hours when the dust has settled.

..........................Kelleher

Bradley......Quansah....Van Dijk... Tsimikas

...........................Endo

...................Elliott........Mac Allister

.........Salah.........Jota........Núñez

If Jota can manage a full half of football, I'd start him in the hope of bringing him off at half-time. I very much doubt we can field him for 90 minutes and it would be unwise to do so.

I'm genuinely not arsed though about personnel - it's about individuals playing to their best level at the weekend, whoever they are.

If you are lucky enough to get picked at the weekend, whoever you are, you'd best bring it. Our season could fall apart with a Sunday-to-Thursday period or it could get CPR that brings it back and make the embers at the end of Klopp's reign burn bright - so do him, yourselves and this club proud, please.
    You would pick
    Tsimikas. I don't ever want him to play for us again. Nunez and Elliot, I wouldn't play them from the start as they are woeful ATM, as for Salah I'd take a chance with him as he'll get back to his best sooner rather than later.

Got to say, I know it’s all the rage, but Diaz & Salah have both been far more guilty of missing gilt edged chances & fucking up chances to put one on a plate for another in this recent dip in form Diaz has missed more chances than anyone he has no end product & he’s been. Y far the worse culprit over the season

The dip seems to have come from when we put Mo back in the team recently we play too much around playing to strengths he doesn’t have anymore we play with him in the side like he’s the player he still was 2 years ago & it’s not working because he isn’t that player anymore, he doesn’t have that electric pace or same desire anymore

AB (Kelleher)
    Bradley
    Konate
    Van Dijk
    Gomez
    Endo
    Jones
    Szoboslai
    Salah
    Gakpo
    Diaz

*McAllister needs a rest, if the above line up can't win without Macca at home then they are shite.