Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: What is the explanation for our dramatic loss of form…

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Darwin has the most shots in the EPL so far this season.....not necessarily on target though...lol

In fact I don't think we have players in the top 5 for most Key metrics.....

I like to think thus season has proved we have potential...similar to last seasons Arsenal... but we will need a couple of key signings..... and a manager to take them to the next level...

I never thought we would even get this close this season ...so gutted ...but happy days all things considered ��
    Sadly Darwin has 26 in the big chances missed column.. Salah hasn't been too hot here either with 14.

As for top scorer: Salah, despite his total loss of form post Afcon/injury is on 17...Dom Solanke in 5th on 18 - but Mo's played 29 games vs Dom's 35. Doubtful he will get much more of a chance to make it but he is only 3 goals off Penalty Palmer and just 4 goals off top spot - the Alien on 21.

Also joint 4th on assists.. 3 behind Watkins.. Assists are a pretty key metric to most..

The positive we can take is that we're creating chances!

In all of the games we've struggled from and including the United Cup game we've had more than enough to win every single game (with the exception of the Atalanta home game, where we were totally outplayed).
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    The positive we can take is that we're creating chances!

In all of the games we've struggled from and including the United Cup game we've had more than enough to win every single game (with the exception of the Atalanta home game, where we were totally outplayed).
    Agree. That's why as disappointing as it's ended it's not all doom and gloom.
    Like you said the other day,if we'd put even say 25% of those missed chances away we'd be talking a different situation completely. If that gets addressed in the summer then there's no reason we can't do well again.
    It's still been a good enjoyable season despite the fact we're losing Klopp. Third place ( hopefully) and a league cup is a marked improvement on last year.

[QUOTE=Steveo;2830163]“it’s funnier than rain”

Isn’t that in response to Lynne saying her and her new boyfriend were laughing at the rain? 😂😂

[QUOTE=miller0863;2830181]
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    “it’s funnier than rain”

Isn’t that in response to Lynne saying her and her new boyfriend were laughing at the rain? ����
    YOu're laughing at Drizzle..

and Yes miller - you're spot on..

I was initially just trying to be funny in response to CC's rather dark comment about abusive fathers..

[QUOTE=Steveo;2830182]
    Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post

YOu're laughing at Drizzle..

and Yes miller - you're spot on..

I was initially just trying to be funny in response to CC's rather dark comment about abusive fathers..
    I was making an inference from your depiction of Klopp flogging his kids to the point of exhaustion.
    Heres the running stats I posted on our overloaded boys.

Sobozla is listed as playing 966 minutes. 11 games into the season with 236 sprints.
    Cituaes top sprinter walker 223
    Arsenal's White with 154.

Team sprints (eyeballing it)
    Lfc say 1700 (200 short of spurs)
    Arsenal say 1450
    Man City say 1300

We're racking up 154 sprints per game. 15.4 per outfield player per game.

250 more sprints than arsenal after 11 games - 131 per game themselves
    22.7 more per game
    2.3 more sprints per outfield player per game

400 more sprints than cituae after 11 games
    36.6 more per game
    3.6 more sprints per outfield player per game

Distance ran over 11 games
    I'll say Arsenal & Cituae 1,235-1,240 km over 11 games
    Us 1,200 km over 11 games
    So they've ran an extra 35-40 km more than us after 11
    37.5 km more, 3.4 km more per game than us
    340 metres more per outfield player per game.

So based on 10 outfield players, aka footballers

Ours lads do 2 to 3.5 more sprints per game.
    Whilst their (arsenal & cituae) lads run 1 third of a km more per game.

The available stats above, are not readily accessible as far as I know elsewhere.

Doesn't look like too much of a difference in terms of workload

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/13002675/premier-league-running-sprinting-pressing-and-speed-anthony-gordon-heung-min-son-and-dominik-szoboszlai-among-table-topping-workers

CCTV - do you honeslty believe you can quantify the workload, both physical and mental.... in metres run?

It's just more cast iron evidence to me that you don't know the game at all. You seem to think that every run is a sprint. That every sprint is also equal in intensity and duration as every other? How many Sprints can the body do over a 4-5 year period without regular or extended rest periods?

None of these things are even factored in. You want to make every spint the same. A quantifiable amount of energy burned. Like a car doing a standing quarter of a mile ..

No thought about how many genuinely hard yards a player is doing consecutively - over how long a period OR crucially how much recovery time they get? NONE of this is even broached.

It's nonsense and the proof reveals itself IN THE PLAYERS! The regularity with which they lose form or are injured (especially muscle related but also impact) - the likelihood of which drastically increases with extra load and fatigue.

Now you and others might want to claim that our game was never more intense than Cities or Arsenals.. I say BOLLOX!

Put your stats away - and actually watch the graft yards our lads did and continue to do. Explain why young bucks who only started in August are done. Explain WHY we were labelled the Mentality monsters - and City or Arsenal are not. What could it be CC? Are all these pundits, ex players and managers wrong? Was Klopp just an ordinary manager with an exceptional cast?

Think about it - be honest with yourself..

Steveo and I disagree on a lot of things, but it's surprising he's getting so much opposition to this. It's as clear as night and day that we graft and run harder than anyone else in the league. Klopp's entire tactically outlook is built on working harder than the opposition, out-running and out-gunning them.

It definitely leads to more injuries, how can it not? Though, I do think our medical/physio dept play a massive part in this though. It's no coincedence that our injuries curse cleared up a few years ago (Quad chase), when we ditched that fellow from Arsenal and have come back when we brought him back in...

Klopp is no ordinary manager. He's worked with a talented group of players.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

We would have won on Saturday if Taylor didnt cheat us again. Can anyone explain why he blew his whistle to prevent Gakpo from scoring? anyone?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century