Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: What is the explanation for our dramatic loss of form…

Forgive me - I may have missed it but was Mané on the pitch yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    If you can’t grasp just how much the physical and mental fatigue has taken its toll then that’s fine. I would however suggest you’re guilty of ignoring what is and is not possible as well as the facts

The seniors that have been dropping like flies all season - just a coincidence? the 3rd such coincidence in the last 4 seasons?

Add to that the monumental announcement that our legendary father figure is leaving at seasons end. The pressure applied to every player to try and push harder / to try and win the lot for Jurgen. Mental pressure in the extreme as well as physical.

But keep trying to tell your own narrative - whatever that is. I’m sure you are the expert on this subject
    Well I've posted a trend seen over at least 2 seasons, and at the start of each of those seasons.

Guess it's easier to just say the lads are wrecked tired in October cause klopp makes them run so much, as you see it...
    I've posted the running stats elsewhere in response to that claim.

I mean they way you describe Klopp, the lads might be happy to see the back of such an abusive father figure.
    Last edited by CCTV; 28th April 2024 at 07:02 PM.

In Ferguson's first attempt at retirement Utd dipped and lost the league to Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Well I've posted a trend seen over at least 2 seasons, and at the start of each of those seasons.

Guess it's easier to just say the lads are wrecked tired in October cause klopp makes them run so much, as you see it...
    I've posted the running stats elsewhere in response to that claim.

I mean they way you describe Klopp, the lads might be happy to see the back of such an abusive father figure.
    We don't need to hear about "your sordid little grief hole".

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We don't need to hear about "your sordid little grief hole".
    True to form.

This is like a major break up for all the players & Jurgen to be fair

This squad, like Arsenal’s last season, doesn’t have the built over time experience or understanding for a title race, like in 18-19 & 19-20 we have to use the painful experiences of major disappointments to drive us to future glories

If you consider Jurgen to be a conductor of energy & his power being through our power, perhaps many of us beginning to withdraw from the relationship in preparation for his departure is simply lessening his power

The above is also absolutely true. Defo works both ways. His power absolutely diminished as players and fans mentally decouple.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    True to form.
    “it’s funnier than rain”

Darwin has the most shots in the EPL so far this season.....not necessarily on target though...lol

In fact I don't think we have players in the top 5 for most Key metrics.....

I like to think thus season has proved we have potential...similar to last seasons Arsenal... but we will need a couple of key signings..... and a manager to take them to the next level...

I never thought we would even get this close this season ...so gutted ...but happy days all things considered 😄