Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: What is the explanation for our dramatic loss of form…

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Maybe. I don't think we are as bad as you make out and are also probably not as good as I think either.
    I aswell as many are also well aware of what we are losing in Jürgen Klopp but I don't think we'll completely tank.
    There's still a good squad that is better than all but two teams in the league for a new guy to work with.
    Not suggesting we are bad - suggesting we were running on EMPTY. It was so obvious. Klopp was a shadow of himself. And most of us know deep down - he is the conductor,

Who knows ? Maybe Mo isn't happy with Jurgen giving the same commitment to the cause as he has in previous seasons and he's seen him slacking and Mo's pulled him on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Not suggesting we are bad - suggesting we were running on EMPTY. It was so obvious. Klopp was a shadow of himself. And most of us know deep down - he is the conductor,
    I always liked when you put it a few years ago , Jurgen's like the magician spinning the plates. I always thought that's exactly the way it is.

2 Men who got us to the very top. Mo carried us so many many times, Without his relentless goals - we ain’t winning anything close to the big prizes.

No surprise as it all goes to shyte - those 2 feel the anger most

They care the most.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I always liked when you put it a few years ago , Jurgen's like the magician spinning the plates. I always thought that's exactly the way it is.
    I know Ian. This is why we are all so gutted. We all know it I am sure.

You were there in Madrid - where the big league started. You saw the feeling and knew what was driving it. That’s what it takes. To really feel what it was. This club is connected to its great managers like no other. What he has done to win just 2 majors is equal to the others because he did it in a time where money is so key and he did it with a huge handicap

Probably just frustration from both knowing they're seeing out their last games for LFC and it's gone the way it has.
    It'll be hard for them. Just a shame it's happened in public view like that.

100%. The players have been magic. Those lambasting them are unable to deal with the reality. Flogged themselves from the start of the season - through the devastating news - the huge pressure to try and go win the lot for the man they love… Then the litany of injuries… Team after team of cobbled together starting 11’s - flush with kids making debuts in key games - on and on they went - clawing out results so often chasing a losing position.

They go and win the first cup of the season… Then keep pushing at the top of the league…. on and on… THEN the reward is a quarter final at Old Trafford and they should win - do everything right except score when needed… they literally run themselves into the ground.

Now the media start with their relentless and inevitable narrative. Klopps’s last this - and what if it peters out? Klopp’s last that.. blah blah - the manager starts to fade… The persona losing its power.. drip drip.. the players mentality and focus divided between focus on games and focus on their crumbling father…

Then they crumble too. And the knives come out.

What a crying shame.
    Flipflop nature of football fans unfortunately.

The facts we were denied wins against Man-city and Arsenal. doesn't help. Even yesterday Taylor was up to his old tricks, what the fuck was that all about with Gakpo?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

He’s ponderous and in the main has been bang average

2 Men who got us to the very top. Mo carried us so many many times, Without his relentless goals - we ain’t winning anything close to the big prizes.

No surprise as it all goes to shyte - those 2 feel the anger most

They care the most.
    Mane was equally important we won the 2 big prizes before we changed to make our play far more focused on Mo & have we won either big prize since then?

Mane was better than Mo for me, better with both feet, better without the ball, better at finishing better at heading, better at defending, less greedy won most of the penalties Mo ever scored

We didn’t benefit focusing our play so much on Mo after we won the big two, we made our left side weaker & frequently less supported the only person to benefit from our focusing everything on what we best for him was Mo