Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the explanation for our dramatic loss of form…

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    There’s a real lack of leadership experience & know how with Hendo & Milner having left

I’d like Mac to take ownership of that in midfield and start directing and organising others more
    Yep Hendo would have won us that tonight

He might have pointed them to death.

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    We've had blips before but never at the end of the season, not like this. We played with poor energy levels against Atalanta and we were bossed in midfield. Our forwards are finding little space and when they do they spunk their load. Three games in a row we have struggled with either a press or a low block.
    Yep use the entire width of the pitch

Have the full backs wide forwards & LCM or RCM linking to release each other in wide areas or through the channel again

Play switches to the opposite side when we’ve condensed play and the opposition players on one side of the pitch again

Always pick up well & have players in good counter pressing positions you don’t need 6 or 7 players in space for nothing short passes not picking up to score goals just to release the right 2-4 players in combination at the right times with players well placed to win any second ball and start again

These are basics we’ve stopped doing

Also a lack of experience & know how I think, in the last 3 years we’ve let go of Mane, Bobby, Milner Hendo, Gini

That’s A LOT of experience

And watching the 19-20 4-0 v Leicester again tonight, we’re nowhere as good as that team The change of system to the 9 up instead of LFWD & RFWD up & releasing our full backs forwards or 8’s hasn’t helped for sure

Our forwards aren’t anywhere near the level of Mane Bobby & 19-20 Mo in Mo’s case, not even close

Trent was better as an attacking FB in which he still made the play & released players from deep

Robbo was living the dream getting quickly up in support of Mane knowing he’d win it take it on or knock it down to him or do enough to make sure he could pick up the second ball

The functional hard working more savvy midfielders in keeping it simple and just doing the right things & supporting our full backs to attack and assist as it brought us more goals than them trying to do it wasn’t to everyone’s liking but it was really effective and supported us using our best creative players in more forward areas

Mac is different class, needs to start being a leader out there too now, directing the others more, organising the press and counter press, because he gets it & sees it, but he’s an exceptional footballer

The new lads have grown and have to continue growing & keep pushing themselves to reach the highest levels they possibly can, there’s a lot of learning through winning games as well as from set backs & time served experience of so many different kinds of games together as a unit to be built up, it doesn’t happen over a season

Hopefully the chastening experience of these two games will help us, under Jurgen we’ve had issues against Italian sides even at our best for the reasons we struggled with Atalanta a few having had a drop in form at the same time didn’t help either

Thankfully, and why I think it could help us, Prem sides just can’t do what Atalanta did anywhere like as well as they did, although they do present different challenges

Let’s do whatever it takes to finish the season strongly and use this set back to push ourselves forward

He literally said in a quote " [Miguel Delaney] Klopp: “The Premier League is the most intense league, definitely. Without me saying it, maybe someone writes an article about it tomorrow. It’s tricky. But, thank god, not my problem any more.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Yep use the entire width of the pitch

Have the full backs wide forwards & LCM or RCM linking to release each other in wide areas or through the channel again

Play switches to the opposite side when we’ve condensed play and the opposition players on one side of the pitch again

Always pick up well & have players in good counter pressing positions you don’t need 6 or 7 players in space for nothing short passes not picking up to score goals just to release the right 2-4 players in combination at the right times with players well placed to win any second ball and start again

These are basics we’ve stopped doing
    I really hope Jurgen is reading this. He needs a good laugh after the week he's had.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Will be interested how we approach the Fulham game at the weekend. They will be up for it 100% they are playing LIVERPOOL and they will do everything to stop us. i hope we match them for the full match, otherwise thats our season finished
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Will be interested how we approach the Fulham game at the weekend. They will be up for it 100% they are playing LIVERPOOL and they will do everything to stop us. i hope we match them for the full match, otherwise thats our season finished
    This game is a concern for me. We are lacking energy. As you say, they will be up for it. We need to match them at least for effort, I worry we won't be able to.

As for someone saying klopp thinks he is bigger than the club. Surely tongue in cheek with that comment?

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    This game is a concern for me. We are lacking energy. As you say, they will be up for it. We need to match them at least for effort, I worry we won't be able to.

As for someone saying klopp thinks he is bigger than the club. Surely tongue in cheek with that comment?
    I think they're all a concern now such is our form.
    Some players look battle weary and the goals have dried up in attack.
    Injuries have absolutely ruined what might have been. It's obviously still possible and we can keep clinging to that until otherwise but it's a big ask when we need City and Arsenal to drop more points and would have to win all of our games too.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I think they're all a concern now such is our form.
    Some players look battle weary and the goals have dried up in attack.
    Injuries have absolutely ruined what might have been. It's obviously still possible and we can keep clinging to that until otherwise but it's a big ask when we need City and Arsenal to drop more points and would have to win all of our games too.
    I think the next 2 will let us know where we are. 2 away games in quick succession after the disappointment of the last 2 weeks.

Win the 2 of em, confidence is back and I can see us going on a run. But fáil tó Get passed fulham and we won't recover any form. It will be a struggle until the end of the season.

I agree with you, injuries have affected what could have been a brilliant season. I didn't expect a title challenge, but once we were in it we needed some luck. We haven't been able to rotate as much and the players look tired now.

The two games against Atalanta have demonstrated in full view the reason we find ourselves in this position….

Firstly, the individual errors that are creeping into our game and have been happening for several weeks now, namely Kelleher’s error for Atalanta’s first goal at Anfield and Doms error for the third goal were completely avoidable but cost us two goals. Last night Dom was guilty again of making a schoolboy error and lets be honest, he wasnt alone, Curtis, Ibou, Macca and Salah were all guilty of the same, and we were just lucky that Atalanta didn't capitalise on any of them.

Secondly, our profligacy in front of goal is just compounding the above problem, chances that look easier to score are being missed with alarming regularity, and this also has been happening for weeks now, for example the Nunez chance at Anfield and Salah’s schoolboy miss last night with the goal gaping on both occasion's, is just unfathomable and until we address both of these issues, this season is likely to simply go from bad to worse….

Fitness issues, form and energy levels are also certainly not helping, but for me, first and foremost we need to start cutting out all the ridiculous schoolboy errors in both defence and attack. Continually going behind in games early doors with really cheap goals, is making our task in hand of winning games, 10X harder, because teams then adopt a low block a tactic which we have always struggled with when we were actually scoring goals, never mind now when we seemingly cannot hit the back side of a barn door…when those opportunities present themselves.

At this moment in time I really don't know where the next clean sheet is coming from, and I certainly have no idea who is actually capable to score from open play any more…

At the moment watching us is really difficult, we are simply watching a team that is seemingly completely devoid of any self belief, confidence, energy and ideas…

This Sunday’s game is going to be absolutely massive and pivotal, Klopp has to really dig deep one last time and find some inspiration from somewhere, and just get a good result under our belt, because if he doesn't at this rate, we might not even finish in top four, never mind finishing in the top three…