Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: What is the explanation for our dramatic loss of form…

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    CCTV - do you honeslty believe you can quantify the workload, both physical and mental.... in metres run?

It's just more cast iron evidence to me that you don't know the game at all. You seem to think that every run is a sprint. That every sprint is also equal in intensity and duration as every other? How many Sprints can the body do over a 4-5 year period without regular or extended rest periods?

None of these things are even factored in. You want to make every spint the same. A quantifiable amount of energy burned. Like a car doing a standing quarter of a mile ..

No thought about how many genuinely hard yards a player is doing consecutively - over how long a period OR crucially how much recovery time they get? NONE of this is even broached.

It's nonsense and the proof reveals itself IN THE PLAYERS! The regularity with which they lose form or are injured (especially muscle related but also impact) - the likelihood of which drastically increases with extra load and fatigue.

Now you and others might want to claim that our game was never more intense than Cities or Arsenals.. I say BOLLOX!

Put your stats away - and actually watch the graft yards our lads did and continue to do. Explain why young bucks who only started in August are done. Explain WHY we were labelled the Mentality monsters - and City or Arsenal are not. What could it be CC? Are all these pundits, ex players and managers wrong? Was Klopp just an ordinary manager with an exceptional cast?

Think about it - be honest with yourself..
    I've posted metres run & sprints, I'd consider tackles and intercepts to be useful in conjuction with those two. It's why Firmino was dubbed the hardest working attacker in world football by many and always by myself.
    I don't ever recall any questions or dubiousness about those stats then..

In terms of these stats, sprints and distance covered, you can create a long laundry list of possible issues. But you can do that with any stat in football.
    Maybe Darwins big misses should be considered to be whilst being flogged by Klopp whereas Halaand has an easy peasy workload. Or maybe Darwins hit the post more and his big misses are lesser big misses.
    Or you accept the stats for what they measure. For me I accept the big miss stats and have posted a comparison of Halaand, Watkins & Darwin over the season. No need for me to create a potential laundry list to defend Darwin.

If you have some stats to falsify the ones I've presented fire away. If you have an issue with the criteria please present it.

Otherwise it looks like you've moved from Partridge to the brainstrust of football punditry.... as a form of rebuttal.

"A sprint is anything above 25.2 km/h, which is seven metres per second. A 100-metre race at that speed would take you approximately 14.3 seconds to complete, which might sound slow to people who haven’t tried to run flat out for a while, but hopefully, it helps paint a picture of what that sort of speed looks like.

The band before a sprint is a “high-intensity run”, which is where a player moves at between 19.2 km/h and 25.2 km/h. At this lower band, you’d cover just over five metres per second, which if we want a comparison in the animal kingdom, is roughly how fast a grey squirrel can travel at top speed."

Those are the criteria for sprints and high intensity running. I've posted the distance covered in comparison with longer distance runners, all ages and levels novice to pro.

A while back you posited, Elliott was a certain at high risk of injury if Klopp kept playing him
    I countered he's never missed a game due to muscle injury. Only missed games due to a nasty impact.
    Said he looks like a lad who could have a high level of cortisone naturally, which would tally with his lack of an explosive turn of pace and his lack of injury to date.
    Klopp kept playing him and he didn't get injured as your feared opinion. And yer you persist that I should use my eyes to agree with you.

In terms of Bradley you proposed he was played too often at his age at this level of football. I pointed to trent at the same age playing in the same position, Trent wasn't run into the ground. Trents first significant injury coming when he's looked lazy as sin.

Conceding first so often, brings stress upon the mind which impacts the body. Conceding first so regularly makes a 3-1 win far more taxing than winning 3-1 and not needing to come from behind. Same number of sprints & metres run, conceding first will strain the team more.
    Again, I've posted our Conceding first stats in the last 2 seasons. Evident in October and later in each season.

There's been a change in doctor at the club too, I'd have kept a club doctor over a strength & conditioning coach.
    We've also refused to adapt our setup to maximise the overabundance in certain areas or address structural issues that are constantly pressed upon.
    We were also quiet public about our high vaccination rates

For me, peps barca are still the best side I've seen and I've rarely seen teams work harder than them. They worked their arses off and were vicious in their pressing. That's the tiki taka way.

But I've never bought into the idea, that it's easy to park a bus. If it were that easy why didn't we do it after half time at old toilet recently, was it beneath us to win the game with a clean sheet.

In terms of the current squads longest servants, we have
    Virgil injured by thugfords assault.
    Salah injured on international duty.
    Robertson injured on international duty.
    Gomez injures on international duty for his biggies. Iirc on one of them they ignored club instruction.
    Trent injured whilst never looking more non-chalant.
    Matip routinely injured.

Mane, Gini, Fabinho, even Hendo were typically available. Yet these lads who did most of the running are supposed to be examples of why young and fresh faces cannot expect to stay fit under a regime that runs them into the ground based on the media's reporting off all things LFC.

As said, if you have some objective measures to back up your concerns about stats presented. Fire away. You might have to pay to gain access to more nuanced breakdowns.

For me the injuries are more easily explained by a poor defensive record and conceding first aligned with changes in club doctor.
    I'm open to being wrong but not based on clichés and inane questions arising from a lack of substance.

As I recall, most of Raymonds criticisms of Klopp training methods focused on the pre-season training methods rather than his style of play.

This is one of the major reasons we have lost form.. the cheating cunts (i found this link on youtube)
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

It’s become very apparent we desperately miss the leadership & know how of Hendo & Millie

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It’s become very apparent we desperately miss the leadership & know how of Hendo & Millie
    Before this turns into how world class/shit Hendo was/is, whilst I think we've improved on last season in midfield, even myself who is a big Henderson fan could see he was one the wane.

However, I do think having both he and Milner in the dressing room over the last few weeks might have helped. There's only really Robbo and VVD that are leaders in the side and even then, neither of them are massively vocal. Mo and Trent are senior figures but aren't really what I would describe as leadership.

Have to remember that it is the first time in a title race for a lot of the boys. Hopefully it will it give them a bit of 'know-how' for next season.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Hendo still here in this midfield and we are not with as many points as we have today.

Give us that front line from 2017-2022 and we are winning the title. Our midfield has been far better this season than it was last season - however that isn’t saying a huge amount.

Henderson was barely capable in the Saudi league. He had barely featured in a single win at Ajax - he’s been there since January.

I was half fishing for the usual prize whopper We’re not better in the press counter press or positionally in midfield than last season, it’s the lack of know how leadership & understanding between the mids for me

Macs been quality but there’s no cohesion in too many games & not one of them is capable of knitting the team together positionally just doing the simple things well & right

They are mostly technically better with the ball, have more legs, but they’re miles off what we had without the ball miles off it

Henderson is one of the luckiest players to ever play the game. Did a job for us and managed to relay Klopp’s orders onto the pitch - but so often we played with 10 men.

Part of what killed our squad in the end.

No Klopp and he is playing mid table football at the very best.

You just don’t appreciate the importance of what players do without the ball Steveo that’s really apparent in everything you post

Most clubs have a player or two that are relatively unspectacular but are the glue & positioning & movement & filling in & know how that holds it all together, that gives other players license to create

Punditry rightly recognised it at least a fair few used to regularly marvel at Hendo’s know how nous and knitting it together, good pros who know the value of what such players do

Not the types dazzled by all fur coat & no knickers show ponies who look like a million $’s in their technique but deliver nothing