Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: What is the explanation for our dramatic loss of form…

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    We would have won on Saturday if Taylor didnt cheat us again. Can anyone explain why he blew his whistle to prevent Gakpo from scoring? anyone?
    No what’s galling about the pundits is they do detail these ref incidents, they did this one on MOTD but they don’t condemn it or call it out & say the painfully obvious that the refs decision to blow up to prevent a certain goal could see the end of any title hopes Liverpool had

If they put together all the incidents in which Liverpool have been robbed of points by blatantly wrong officiating they could fill a program, and they don’t point out that neither City or Arsenal have suffered any incidents of this, they have in fact both benefitted from an extra point through it

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree. That's why as disappointing as it's ended it's not all doom and gloom.
    Like you said the other day,if we'd put even say 25% of those missed chances away we'd be talking a different situation completely. If that gets addressed in the summer then there's no reason we can't do well again.
    It's still been a good enjoyable season despite the fact we're losing Klopp. Third place ( hopefully) and a league cup is a marked improvement on last year.
    For me, watching the City game casually yesterday, Haaland's goal type is what we are missing. A perfect example of just gaining a yard and placing the ball into the corner. Darwin can gain the yard, but then he'll blast it. And then it is simply a matter of does he catch it right, like against Newcastle or not. And usually, it's not. Someone who doesn't get injured and who can score those type of goals and we'd still be at the top. I firmly believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by redgold View Post
    For me, watching the City game casually yesterday, Haaland's goal type is what we are missing. A perfect example of just gaining a yard and placing the ball into the corner. Darwin can gain the yard, but then he'll blast it. And then it is simply a matter of does he catch it right, like against Newcastle or not. And usually, it's not. Someone who doesn't get injured and who can score those type of goals and we'd still be at the top. I firmly believe it.
    I didn't see it but I can imagine it being a simple finish and I agree when you say we'd still be at the top. Even if we had a finisher even half as good as him,he does little else but is worth his weight in gold/goals.
    On Saturday there was a chance for Gravenberch or Gakpo can't remember who but it was a simple right foot pass into the corner but he took an extra touch and Ogbonna blocked it. Just typical of us, not quite clinical enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    No what’s galling about the pundits is they do detail these ref incidents, they did this one on MOTD but they don’t condemn it or call it out & say the painfully obvious that the refs decision to blow up to prevent a certain goal could see the end of any title hopes Liverpool had

If they put together all the incidents in which Liverpool have been robbed of points by blatantly wrong officiating they could fill a program, and they don’t point out that neither City or Arsenal have suffered any incidents of this, they have in fact both benefitted from an extra point through it
    I have said it before and I will say it again, people always use the argument that every team has examples of poor refereeing and that we should just let it go, yes its true all teams do suffer bad refereeing, including Liverpool…( Jota, Jones, Macca and Konate’s red cards, to name but a few…)

However what we are all referring too are not the trivial errors that happen in every game, but the blatant failure of VAR to correct, in their own language “ clear and obvious errors “ which have all had massive implications on the potential results of some of our biggest games against most of our top 6 rivals…

The handball not given at Chelsea…. potential loss of points 2.

The disallowed Diaz actual goal at Spurs … loss of points 1.

The failure to award a stone wall penalty against Arsenal… potential loss of points 2.

The failure to award a stone wall penalty against Man City.. potential loss of points 2.

The failure to allow Gakpo score against West Ham for no apparent reason…potential loss of points 2.

Taking into account all of the above indisputable VAR errors, plus our own propensity to concede the first goal so cheaply in so many games, plus our inept failure to convert so many relatively easy clear cut big chances and the extent of injuries we have continually suffered throughout the season to so many key players for such long periods…

The question has to be….

How on earth have we even remained in the Title conversation for so long…. never mind looking like we will finish third.

The 2 that stand up to scrutiny (in terms of counting points) by the neutral are the Spurs game and the City game. In both cases we take more points. almost certainly 2 more v City and 1 more v Spurs.

Now the question remains how many points have Arsenal or City been wronged out of..? I dunno but I would bet there are plenty of their fans that can come up with 4 or 5 points. How many of them are valid or not - who knows. You'd probably have to be a fan with less bias than most to tell.

Also other teams have a few bones they would like to pick with us. Forrest for example and Chelsea in the 4:1 at Anfield - they are adamant as many others are too - that they should have had 2 penalties..

As fans we all tend to see the wrongs against our own magnified.

I do feel like we get stiffed by refs but cannot say that I am not biased because I very much am.

I watch loads of different sides, we simply play to a different set of rules

The bar for what constitutes a foul & yellow or red card is hugely lower if it involves one of our players, our players get fouls given against them & cards for winning the ball cleanly

The bar for what constitutes a foul & yellow or red card for an opposition player fouling one of our lads in incredibly high, breaking the rules high

There’s standard practices of clear bias they employ whenever we’re playing a direct side who are though of as dangerous at set pieces, everytime they dive or there’s any tackle in our half that will give them an opportunity to put a set piece in our box thr ref gives them a foul

Brentford & Everton both got an incredible amount of free kicks against us despite having 29% and 23% possession & their players not being fouled but throwing themselves to ground every time they were fairly dispossessed

On the flip side, when their players were dragging our players back by the arm or shirt (plenty by Godfrey v bitters 10 or more) which is a yellow card offence, or heavily fouling them injuring them in some cases, not only were they not bookings, they frequently didn’t even give a free kick

The CVL offside goal, they went back & you could see on that footage as in real time over & over Godfrey dragging our lad trying to counter back by his arm allowing their player to just nick thr ball & play it forward & thry just ignored that, even though it’s a deliberate tactical foul & a yellow card

This giving of imaginary fouls against us is also to stop us countering, they gave Everton ELEVEN free kicks in our half in the first half & none of them were fouls

Again I watch A LOT of football & im very fair about it and thus just doesn’t happen to any other club I see, thry might get the odd one of these in a game or get away with an odd foul like Godfrey’s but that’s it, it’s not persistent relentless corrupt cuntfuckery like our lads have to put up with in far too many games

I am fairly level headed about LFC, I think finishing third is about right tbh, but no-one can argue against the fact that we have been on the end of some very dubious decisions…how much ultimately they have cost us in the long run is debatable, but I can only recall one incident against Newcastle were Arsenal were on the wrong end of a costly dubious decision, however I cannot recall any incidents that have gone against City, quite the opposite in fact.

However, if any Arsenal or City fan can show any genuine examples where they have been genuinely wronged, I am more than happy to concede, its just that I genuinely cannot recall that many and certainly none as bad as the ones we have had to deal with this season…

I think Arsenal may have had ONE wrong un v Newcastle as you say which cost them 2 points but they got 1 back v us, an effective 3 in fact they would have lost last night had the officials got the decisions right & they also get loads of frees that aren’t through Saka diving because he’s an Engerland player

When we played Spurs Jota was running back & accidentally just clipped the players heel making him trio himself, free kick, yellow card

Watched loads of games, same outcome even though it’s an accident, clumsy, whatever free kick or pen yellow card

It’s exactly what Arsenal’s player did to Kulisevski & the only one I’ve not seen given as a pen He clips his heel causing him to trip himself - it’s 1-0 then & Arsenal counter directly from there & score their second

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I think Arsenal may have had ONE wrong un v Newcastle as you say which cost them 2 points but they got 1 back v us, an effective 3 in fact they would have lost last night had the officials got the decisions right & they also get loads of frees that aren’t through Saka diving because he’s an Engerland player

When we played Spurs Jota was running back & accidentally just clipped the players heel making him trio himself, free kick, yellow card

Watched loads of games, same outcome even though it’s an accident, clumsy, whatever free kick or pen yellow card

It’s exactly what Arsenal’s player did to Kulisevski & the only one I’ve not seen given as a pen He clips his heel causing him to trip himself - it’s 1-0 then & Arsenal counter directly from there & score their second
    The entire game at Tottenham had a suspicious atmosphere all about it. crooked from the first minute.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

The is how corrupt the PGMOL is.. Darren England (we all know him) was stopped from refereeing our games this season after the "incident" at Spurs. This is how devious they are.. First game of next season, 12:30 away kick off to a difficult team and the referee will be Darren England..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century