Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 161920212223242526

Thread: Match Thread : Atalanta v Liverpool

Yes, I consider our European rivals to be clubs we can compare to LFC.
    I even offered up 2 European rivals playing in the same league, and pointed to their net spends for analysis relative to each other.

You came up with a unique Madrid exclusion.

I then did a rather detailed analysis of net, gross, purchases and market values using only PL clubs.
    And offered up last summer between us and Chelsea as an example of how our respective net spends actually manifested in squad improvement.
    Chelsea spent more net than us, but added less market value to their squad as an example of this analysis applied over a decade.

It showed the reality of what the spending and sales had in terms of the actual quality added.

Your back here saying.... I am
    "loathed to admit that my opinion on a crazy high intensity game allied to the size/profile of our squad was a huge injury fatigue risk waiting to happen - was sound."

In the last 48 hours or so you've posted..
    Klopp doesn't play it exclusively,
    That I (without ever saying it) prefer the high intensity game/100m/hour like English managers.
    I asked you to name the English managers you claim are playing this style of football that Klopp doesn't play exclusively. No answer.
    If you could make your mind up and have some semblance of consistency, you might be able to hold an argument.

They way you describe Klopp, he's flogging shite lads to death/injury whilst Arteta & Pep play easy-peasy-ball. And all JwH's fault.
    He should have a squad that only city have in the modern game through cheating and cooking the books to play his style of football.
    It seems even Madrid with all their gross spending prior to Fsg at LFC, realise the tables have turned due to corrupt football authorities and governance. Lucky enough to eek past city and their spending post 2008, a hitherto no mark club of the highest order.
    Sadly the ESL was rejected in favour of pgmol, uefa and their shite new CL format & the CrooksArbitratingSports.
    Now fans protest ticket price rises, at the time of ESL I argued LFC fans should have stood for ESL and used the digital rights revenue growth from it, to negotiate a drastic decrease in match day ticket prices.

More great football matches for the world, more tickets for fans, lesser amounts of shite international games.

The establishment won out. Less top tier football matches, less tickets for fans, and a constant stream of shite international games the consequences.

The Net spend argument is so complicated and nuanced that it’s an almost impossible argument to actually agree on 100%.

Even in the unlikely event that you can agree on the relevant start date of the analysis and agree on the basis for calculating net spend, and also agree on how those figures are analysed, how each individual will then go on to interpret the same data is always going to subjective because of the other external factors that neither party can actually agree are relevant in this debate..

The bottom line in every walk of life is you get what you pay for, there are exceptions, but generally the more you pay for anything the better it performs, its more reliable, it lasts longer and in the long run provides far better value for money. Buy right buy once…

Unfortunately, if you dont have the resources to buy the best, its a bit of a lottery and yes sometimes you strike lucky, but usually in football terms you can end up with a squad of very average players, trying to compete with other squads that are far better in every department, so yes you can win a lot of battles but ultimately over time the better quality generally wins the war.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Yes, I consider our European rivals to be clubs we can compare to LFC.
    I even offered up 2 European rivals playing in the same league, and pointed to their net spends for analysis relative to each other.

You came up with a unique Madrid exclusion.

I then did a rather detailed analysis of net, gross, purchases and market values using only PL clubs.
    And offered up last summer between us and Chelsea as an example of how our respective net spends actually manifested in squad improvement.
    Chelsea spent more net than us, but added less market value to their squad as an example of this analysis applied over a decade.

It showed the reality of what the spending and sales had in terms of the actual quality added.

Your back here saying.... I am
    "loathed to admit that my opinion on a crazy high intensity game allied to the size/profile of our squad was a huge injury fatigue risk waiting to happen - was sound."

In the last 48 hours or so you've posted..
    Klopp doesn't play it exclusively,
    That I (without ever saying it) prefer the high intensity game/100m/hour like English managers.
    I asked you to name the English managers you claim are playing this style of football that Klopp doesn't play exclusively. No answer.
    If you could make your mind up and have some semblance of consistency, you might be able to hold an argument.

They way you describe Klopp, he's flogging shite lads to death/injury whilst Arteta & Pep play easy-peasy-ball. And all JwH's fault.
    He should have a squad that only city have in the modern game through cheating and cooking the books to play his style of football.
    It seems even Madrid with all their gross spending prior to Fsg at LFC, realise the tables have turned due to corrupt football authorities and governance. Lucky enough to eek past city and their spending post 2008, a hitherto no mark club of the highest order.
    Sadly the ESL was rejected in favour of pgmol, uefa and their shite new CL format & the CrooksArbitratingSports.
    Now fans protest ticket price rises, at the time of ESL I argued LFC fans should have stood for ESL and used the digital rights revenue growth from it, to negotiate a drastic decrease in match day ticket prices.
    And this I why I generally don't respond. The 100 million mile an hour comment was directed at 19x and you not at Klopp. Because you both seem to think we can operate playing the crazy high intensity which was deployed for 18 months and broke the squad. Klopp clearly wanted more signings - didn't get them and chose to try and get to the next level without another post Coutinho budget... a level I believe neither you or 19 understand or like. A style of football that is out of reach of the english manager class too as evidenced by ZERO title wins.. It's quite simple.

And again - you seem unable to separate when someone cites Klopp consistently getting 110% from an extremely good but not deep enough squad of players - with Klopp flogging a load of "shite lads" (your words).

So frankly - you are going to have to accept that I don't want to waste my time with the to and fro with you on you regarding this topic. I find you really tough to understand, your writing style and thinking.

The end.

That's because you're not very logical or reality based. You have notions and try and fit reality to suit.

You're still going on about Coutinho as though it was the only time Klopp had money to spend.
    Look at the Net spend over recent years and lack of funds from player sales. Klopps had money to spend, more than ever at LFC.
    Klopps best years and build was with a low net spend. I guess that runs counter to your opinion based on a poor to spurious correlation

As milner posted elsewhere based on spends, Chelsea & United should be a real tussle for the PL title