Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Everton

Match fit*

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I think Naby was/is just soft. Ox had a few really bad injuries and never really recovered properly from them.Thiago is just prone to injury, mainly muscle related.

With Jota, I just think it's the way he plays. He throws himself into everything, puts his body in harms way in a way and is pretty much running at full pelt all of the time. If the ball is there to be whacked in with a defender/keeper bearing down on him, he wouldn't even flinch!
    He is a little nuts at times. Have to say. Goes in when you think.. mate - that is gonna end badly.. Brave but also a little silly. Love the ethic but we need him badly.. Gutted those twats get to face us minus him again. Would be less worried at Anfield but across the parkk.. hmm..

Gakpo, Diaz, Nunez & Salah will have to step up - what we saw v Fulham won't be enough imo

Just watched our 1-0 Anfield win v City last season, Nunez cameo in that but again still miles better used at LFWD he gets a bit lost somehow as the 9 and we play better with the false 9 anyway

Took the old captain & vice captain coming on for us to finally get in front that experience in midfield really was never given enough credit

We played more of a 4312 in both the 7-0 thrashing of the filthy & 1-0 win over City with our full backs attacking more than our mids

Mos drop off after the injuries either side of AFCON is absolutely massive looking back at just a couple of games from last season he’s miles off where he needs to be needs a kick up the ass

I did mention it before and you seem to have conveniently ignored it - what happened to the system in the 4:1 loss at the Etihad with a virtually identical lineup to the 7:0 v Uniturd?

I remember when we beat City 1:0 at Anfield very very well - it was October 2022 BTW so a while ago - Alcantara played the full 90.

Worth noting we have only beaten Man City 3 times since November 2019! A 3:1 win - Fabinho outstanding.. MOTM
    Since then

1x League - 1x FA cup - 1x Community Shield..

Alcantara played in every one of them. Probably didn't do much though..
    Last edited by Steveo; 23rd April 2024 at 04:31 PM.

When a team carries a passenger the other ten try harder!

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    When a team carries a passenger the other ten try harder!
    Fucking right too they all had to try harder with Thiago in the team and that caused the fatigue Steveo always goes on about

Maybe - I will concede it is possible. But find it hard to use it for this season or the title defence - as he was out before he was in and came to our rescue in the end.

Will file it under CBRO .....Cannot Be Ruled Out ....file in my cabinet.

We actually beat them more with Gini & Hendo & or Millie in midfield before he arrived looking at it

3 times in the 18-19 season 😳 alone

3 is 3 - I know it's complicated but I find it simple. 3 times in 2018 and 3 times in 2022..

The only differences being in 2018 2 of the 3 games were at Anfield. The CL games were fantastic but would you honestly say we were a better side at that point in time - the results and points say way different NO Alisson or Fabinho.

EDIT:
    And as usual you making up more stories to suit an agenda

Chamberlain - Can - Wijnaldum was the midfield for the league win 4:3 Milner came on the pitch on 79 minutes - while we were 4:1 ahead and we conceded 2 goals in that last 6 minutes.. I remember the game - hanging on we were. And in the Etihad win Hendo didn't even feature..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42594403

I know it's tough when it dawns on you mate.. But get over it
    Last edited by Steveo; 23rd April 2024 at 05:02 PM.

TIA reporting Jota injured and out for two weeks.
    If it wasn’t already done … that is the final nail in the coffin.

Fuck is wrong with our players ffs??