Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Everton

Your team v Everton

A win is a win is a win.

This will be a physical game, so I'd be getting as many tall and combative players in there as we can and would still be happy to avoid using Salah or Núñez in the starting line-up for another match given that the lads got the job done.

..........................Alisson

Trent....Konate....Van Dijk... Robertson

.........................Mac Allister

...........Gravenberch..............Jones

.........Diaz............Jota......Gakpo

Our hopes are still outside hopes, but I am still delighted we're there. Missed opportunities were a punch in the future, but we would have taken this position at the start of the season so I am reluctant to waste energy on "what might have been" - go out, win again, see what happens.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Jones Mac Allister Gravenberch

Diaz Jota Gakpo

Gravel & Gakpo did more than enough today to warrant starting v the bitters of the subs Mo Nunez & Szobo were all really poor today

I'd be amazed if Mo is on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I'd be amazed if Mo is on the bench.
    I’d be amazed if he wasn’t he doesn’t have the legs or work ethic even for a derby to start since his injury & he was absolutely piss poor when he came on today, out fought, not tracking back, not producing any quality with or without the ball & zero work ethic we can’t be carrying slackers who are bang out of form & no longer have the pace to burn that made their career possible

Gakpo’s looking in decent form, Jota just scored, Gakpo assisted, both played well both start for me

Gravenberch played really well & scored he starts LCM for me

Mac in for Endo for me

Konate in for Quansah as I think Konate’s attributes & style of defending better suite the derby

Diaz or Nunez RFWD for me, probably go with Diaz as he will run all day & link play & maybe he’ll make better decisions, if he starts getting that final ball right & playing it when it’s on like Gakpo’s assist for Jota today he could yet be lethal, doing the simple thing at the right time really well is a hugely under appreciated skill & discipline

Elliott or Jones is a tough one, Elliott was actually quite good today skewed his shot hortibly, but looks like he’s striving for a higher level, could just bang an opportunity like that in next time, however Jones could equally thrash one home or assist & he has greater physicality & presence & fresh legs too so he’d be my RCM against this opposition

Pretty sure Jurgen switched him to RB when making subs a couple of times, could have been last season & he’s shown himself to be very adaptable & versatile so I’d expect he & Trent to combine well together

I’d start Gravenberch for his face & reaction on the bench to Mac’s goal v Sheffield United, it was priceless, a few of the benches were

Personally I think Elliot is better when we are pushing for a goal and they're defending deep. His work around the box, short passes change of direction work well.
    Wouldn't start him for this reason.

Endo will get no time on the ball early on so jones for me.
    Wouldn't start Salah or Nunez ...just hope jota doesn't get kicked off the pitch.

Yep - Elliott wasn’t at all good back at his old club by any stretch yesterday but then despite the majority view - I say the same for Cody. So slow - so ponderous and just wasn’t very good. Lucky for him Jota was on the end of the only through ball he got right.

As for Harvey - he got another crucial assist which many have forgotten.

Sprays a lovely cross field ball to Gakpo - in space - who doesn’t have the quality to control it - losses possession only for Elliot to win it back and lay on the assist for Gravenberch - to strike well into the net - but who was also otherwise anonymous especially first half,

I expect better from all 3 to be honest.

Rotation paid off this time and I wish we did it more HOWEVER
    Fulham were on the beach or we would have been in trouble. Will need far better v the BS or there will be blood.

It was a routine pass Gravenberch quite brilliantly created that goal himself oh hang on, you don’t really like Gavel do you? Oh of course

Just watched the half hour highlight of the 7-0 annihilation of the filthy at Anfield last season

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Elliott Fabinho Henderson

Salah Gakpo Nunez

We were much better than in any game this season, Nunez was much better & assured playing at LFWD scoring two form headers in the six yard box from short crosses of the recycled ball Gakpo was awesome at false 9 scored two excellent goals linked it & closed down really well, the entire team seemed better & more consistently positioned throughout in that respect, Mo was Mo still as hungry & at his best

That front three that finished last season was really much better than any we’ve put out this season in how they all linked with each other timed their runs & played the right ball & finished

An assist each for LCM & RCM Hendo & Elliott both from quality short whipped crosses from a recycled ball after a move broke down & after a set piece, the type I regularly lambast Szobo for not putting in when we have players already in there

Bobby came on to net the seventh which was brilliant 2 for Gakpo 2 for Nunez 2 for Mo 1 for Bobby when it just works, leave it

It was far more productive I remain absolutely perplexed why we fucked it off to bring Diaz back in, it’s not like he’s produced, it’s why I like players having to earn that place again when someone else has come in and it’s worked better