Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Everton v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Creator Supremes View Post
    Virgil also mentions the ref and the amount of free kicks given to them.
    So he should that was like that cunt Steve Bennett whenever we went to
    Old toilet

Mike Riley in THAT game the filthy ‘beat’ the invincibles

Just pure bent officiating

If Sky were remotely credible they look at the frees being given over and over for dives in games like this & Brentford and analyse them and show the officials up and also analyse how many times our players were the wrong side of theirs & were dragged back by their arm & the ref gave us fuck all

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I think this nails it.

Emotionally, I think everyone is just wrecked.

It's important we dont throw away all the good work Klopp has done over the years. Despite tonight, despite the way the end of the season has panned out there are some good players here, and some very good players to bulid around.

Klopp made the point a few weeks ago, the boys that are struggling are the boys that have got us this far. unfortuntely it has been a step too far.
    I think a slight concern for me now is that Slot apparently plays a similar style. I think I'd like to see something a bit less taxing physically
    Injury hits have had an effect this last few months that has to be said. We likely would have still fell short though I think, it'll interesting to see how that pans out next season.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I think a slight concern for me now is that Slot apparently plays a similar style. I think I'd like to see something a bit less taxing physically
    Injury hits have had an effect this last few months that has to be said. We likely would have still fell short though I think, it'll interesting to see how that pans out next season.
    From what I have seen Feyenoord dont press with nearly as much intenisty and zip the ball around a lot in tight situations. I think it is similar but would be less taxing.

My concern with Slot (as has been mentioned) is the abililty to attract players.

Though, by all accounts he has an excellent record of improving players.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

I'm not talking about winning the title. I don't remember anyone saying that after we tanked Sparta in the Europa and we're on a good run in the league ,win the league cup etc.
    The talk was that it looked to have actually gone the other way and spurred them on.
    Who knows what the fuck is going on, it's an inexcusable shit show right now.

Smashed Sparta wasting the chance to rest players, ballsed up games v the mancs and the seasons collaped. It's infuriating.

Klopp will leave an adored legend. The squad isn't as bad as people are making out right now.
    It fucking hurts.

Really gutted I missed this at work.......

some people oh yay we're back we beat fulham who didn't turn up

did anyone expect to actually win tonight when we can't finish and bad brainfarts at the back?

we're back baby.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Rotation is one percentage gain.

If we look at Rafa's squads, he typically had a good starting XI and lesser depth options.

If he were managing this team today (not for a second suggesting we get him in, let's make that clear) we'd see Salah or whoever come off between the 62nd-67th minute a lot and certain key players miss a game here or there with a view to preventing injuries.

So if Slot played a similar style let's say, but rotated a bit better, it may be a net improvement.

I still (personally) would like a bit of a change and a different way of doing things to freshen stuff up (one thing that excited me about Amorim was the prospect of a system change) but there are so many tweaks that can be made within a 4-3-3 both in and out of possession before we get to player positions and rotation.

Hopefully the next Manager can find those little details. Despite the way in which the season is wilting, we still have a good squad for any incoming Manager to work with compared to what Klopp inherited for example.

Some shocking performances of late but there are good players here.

All we need is a proper goalscorer.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Who knows what the fuck is going on, it's an inexcusable shit show right now.

Smashed Sparta wasting the chance to rest players, ballsed up games v the mancs and the seasons collaped. It's infuriating.

Klopp will leave an adored legend. The squad isn't as bad as people are making out right now.
    It fucking hurts.
    It does mate. I'm wounded it's ending like this for him, I guess its just dreaming but he deserved a fairytale ending.
    Last edited by teesred; 24th April 2024 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Rotation is one percentage gain.

If we look at Rafa's squads, he typically had a good starting XI and lesser depth options.

If he were managing this team today (not for a second suggesting we get him in, let's make that clear) we'd see Salah or whoever come off between the 62nd-67th minute a lot and certain key players miss a game here or there with a view to preventing injuries.

So if Slot played a similar style let's say, but rotated a bit better, it may be a net improvement.

I still (personally) would like a bit of a change and a different way of doing things to freshen stuff up (one thing that excited me about Amorim was the prospect of a system change) but there are so many tweaks that can be made within a 4-3-3 both in and out of possession before we get to player positions and rotation.

Hopefully the next Manager can find those little details. Despite the way in which the season is wilting, we still have a good squad for any incoming Manager to work with compared to what Klopp inherited for example.

Some shocking performances of late but there are good players here.
    I too was quite looking forward to Amorim.
    Hopefully you're right with those points.
    Agree on the squad, we don't need wholesale change in my opinion. A few tweaks in a few positions. Another midfielder who's the same quality as Mac, maybe a new left back and a clinical forward. Easy said than done obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    All we need is a proper goalscorer.
    I'd like to think that we push for a good centre-back (Matip likely leaving) with a good injury record to help out as well, but we certainly don't need to tear the squad up.

Unfortunately we are crap in both boxes right now. We're kind of the opposite of Real Madrid who so often have extremely "meh" performances but get it done.