Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2023242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Everton v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Gurthers View Post
    We aren't actually safe for champions league qualification yet. We've totally collapsed, it's not guaranteed.
    Spurs and Villa can get 78 points maximum.

A win and 2 draws from our remaining 4 would take us up to 79 points - whilst we can't take it for granted, I think the chance of us missing out on qualifying for the Champion's League is relatively slim.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Spurs and Villa can get 78 points maximum.

A win and 2 draws from our remaining 4 would take us up to 79 points - whilst we can't take it for granted, I think the chance of us missing out on qualifying for the Champion's League is relatively slim.
    We haven't done that in our last three...

Quote Originally Posted by redgold View Post
    We haven't done that in our last three...
    As I said - "whilst we can't take it for granted" - I personally just don't see us doing poorly enough AND one of Villa or Spurs doing well enough, for us to miss out on Champion's League football.

Could be very tight right at the end, sure. I could end up being wrong and people can give me Hell if it makes them feel better, but I think we will have enough in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    You gotta be joking on Macalister? hes the only decent player weve had this season? from the signings we made
    No mate, tonight he had an absolute shocker

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    As I said - "whilst we can't take it for granted" - I personally just don't see us doing poorly enough AND one of Villa or Spurs doing well enough, for us to miss out on Champion's League football.

Could be very tight right at the end, sure. I could end up being wrong and people can give me Hell if it makes them feel better, but I think we will have enough in the end.
    I don't think Spurs will win 6 either, but Villa could easily win 4. Scraping 4th place and the cardboard cup will be a bitter taunt (in all senses) next season.

I think our lads lost their heads first half with the officiating, they’re well used to the officials bs by now, but it was so bad with the frees that first half I think 2 went in the book for dissent over it which you rarely ever see from our lads being use to it

I didn’t think Mac was especially poor like say Szobo & Jones, he’s maybe getting stuck because of all the frees, but almost if not all of them were never frees, the one they scored from the recycled ball on was never a free, Jones won it & we were on a counter with men over if he doesn’t blow up

Even second half when he quit giving them after every dive the bitters kept throwing themselves to ground whenever one of our lads was anywhere near them as thry played the ball, embarrassingly so a few times in their own half second half when our lads hadn’t even tackled or touched them

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I think our lads lost their heads first half with the officiating, they’re well used to the officials bs by now, but it was so bad with the frees that first half I think 2 went in the book for dissent over it which you rarely ever see from our lads being use to it

I didn’t think Mac was especially poor like say Szobo & Jones, he’s maybe getting stuck because of all the frees, but almost if not all of them were never frees, the one they scored from the recycled ball on was never a free, Jones won it & we were on a counter with men over if he doesn’t blow up

Even second half when he quit giving them after every dive the bitters kept throwing themselves to ground whenever one of our lads was anywhere near them as thry played the ball, embarrassingly so a few times in their own half second half when our lads hadn’t even tackled or touched them
    I think that's slightly detracting from what was a shocking performance overall.
    Yeah there's some free kicks that were soft but let's be truthful we were out-fought in that first half. We were slow and ponderous thought the whole game, getting caught in possession plenty. Nobody stood out and it was one of those games where we just didn't get going much and we never looked like scoring despite our possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    He is talking about tonight. For heavens sake are you drinking?
    wish i was.. and yes i misread as ever
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

We need to stop the long balls to wide areas.. stop the stupid inside right back. I blame lijnders for that..
    If Trent doesn't wanna get up and down on the right.. and thinks he deserve to play in the middle. id consider selling him. sure he plays the odd amazing ball. but most of the time he could careless about ball possession Just stuff like that infuriates me he cant even be bothered to attack a ball at the far post.. all the time the opposition always get to the ball first.

Hes Trent alexander Arnold and doesn't need to defend. he worlds class going forward and providing. he was world class providing when he was he playing on the right side.. his contribution was the best in the world. Hes not helping Salah either. when he doesnt get up the right side
    why is this so obvious to see? why do we need to favour him and ruin the rest of the team? even when we defend Konate is having to sprint to the right side to protect the full back area.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I think that's slightly detracting from what was a shocking performance overall.
    Yeah there's some free kicks that were soft but let's be truthful we were out-fought in that first half. We were slow and ponderous thought the whole game, getting caught in possession plenty. Nobody stood out and it was one of those games where we just didn't get going much and we never looked like scoring despite our possession.
    Overly harsh for me, Nunez Díaz & Mo should all have scored, Mo at least a couple Not much second half but they went into everyone behind the ball try & counter mode & still could have had a couple with in form forwards, Diaz was unlucky hitting the post

Outfought how? They get to kick out lads nothing doing, our lads win it cleanly they throw themselves to the ground free kick

How do you fight that? If their players had been getting away from Godfrey on the counter being held & dragged back by their arm to stop them escaping to counter, or we had actually committed a medium to heavy foul, it would have been a free & our lads would have been booked

The FAPGMOL have used that playbook for decades & we get it in two thirds of our games if not more It’s pretty much all our games in which the barometer for a foul or yellow card is very different for our lads than it is the opposition

It’s part of how we got as good as we have and are so often able to win games in spite of it, we just play in a way to not give the officials any excuse to give a wrong un against us, we’ve been playing like that a few seasons now so we’re well used to it, in some games we just can’t overcome it

I watched Brighton a fair bit last season as they were very entertaining & a good watch, so I’ve seen a lot of Mac, when you’ve watched a player play in the Prem for a side playing to the same rules and then see his reaction in a few games to the decisions against us in comparison it tells its own story