Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222526272829303132

Thread: Match Thread: Everton v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by pob View Post
    We're an average team driven by a brilliant manager. But apparently even he can't get the basics of defending through to the thick c*nts we have in our defence.
    We've a brilliant squad that's been hampered by important players injuries at critical times. Jota last night the perfect example.
    You need a slice of luck during a title winning season and we've had absolutely fuck all but bad luck this season . It just wasn't meant to be, plus our main goal threat has done fuck all since Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    We've a brilliant squad that's been hampered by important players injuries at critical times. Jota last night the perfect example.
    You need a slice of luck during a title winning season and we've had absolutely fuck all but bad luck this season . It just wasn't meant to be, plus our main goal threat has done fuck all since Christmas.
    We've a squad with some very good players, but too many weak links in important positions. Agree about the bad luck, but this collapse is our own doing. We had enough chances in the bitters, palace and united games to get 7 - 9 points, but we got the grand total of 1. Title winning teams don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by pob View Post
    We've a squad with some very good players, but too many weak links in important positions. Agree about the bad luck, but this collapse is our own doing. We had enough chances in the bitters, palace and united games to get 7 - 9 points, but we got the grand total of 1. Title winning teams don't do that.
    Can't disagree with the chances, just not good enough.

I see Prickford celebrating like hes won something? Mighty bitters 3 decades without a trophy of any kind.. celebrate that moron,
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    We need to stop the long balls to wide areas.. stop the stupid inside right back. I blame lijnders for that..
    If Trent doesn't wanna get up and down on the right.. and thinks he deserve to play in the middle. id consider selling him. sure he plays the odd amazing ball. but most of the time he could careless about ball possession Just stuff like that infuriates me he cant even be bothered to attack a ball at the far post.. all the time the opposition always get to the ball first.

Hes Trent alexander Arnold and doesn't need to defend. he worlds class going forward and providing. he was world class providing when he was he playing on the right side.. his contribution was the best in the world. Hes not helping Salah either. when he doesnt get up the right side
    why is this so obvious to see? why do we need to favour him and ruin the rest of the team? even when we defend Konate is having to sprint to the right side to protect the full back area.
    Unfortunately the team probably needs a big overhaul. We're really missing the quality upfront that we had in the past. We can't finish. Simple as. We would have run away with the league if we had a finisher instead of Darwin. I think the front three papered over cracks in the past when we had a bad game etc. We could pop up with a goal and that was job done. Lack of that has really cost us.

Would be interesting to see what a new coach would do with Trent. I'd like to see him in midfield. That way he could just be an attacking threat without the burden of defending. Think we maybe need some fresh ideas. Klopp seems to have run out of steam as he more or less said himself.

The way Klopp plays is very intensive and we've had a lot of injuries. YOu really need physically strong players to play Klopp's way I think. Jota and a few others maybe just aren't up to it sadly.
    From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. Groucho Marx

Getting some structure & patterns back to our play & consistency of positioning & movement would be a start

We’ve thrown too much of what we did that was brilliant away instead of retaining & further developing it & adding more strings to our bow

Whoever is the next manager will still have the appalling FAPGMOL issue that inaction & self serving pundits like Carra have let them normalise again post VAR I don’t think we’d have won the league in 19-20 had we’d been playing against such bias officiating & blatant misuse of VAR throughout, we won because VAR was used correctly for the first two thirds of the season

The bitters had only 23% possession 142 passes yet we apparently fouled them 13 times