Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Everton v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    You gotta be joking on Macalister? hes the only decent player weve had this season? from the signings we made
    He is talking about tonight. For heavens sake are you drinking?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    If you can’t beat Palace at home or the worst Utd team in my living memory, or an Everton team fighting relegation then you are not good enough to win the league.

In a derby going for the title that was abject, the following need to have a serious look at themselves after that performance

Salah
    Nunez
    Szoboszlai
    MacAllister
    Konate

All absolutely pathetic

Only Jones and Diaz escape my ire on the night.
    I'd personally give Mac a bit of grace due to how good he's been mostly. The others though, absolutely right.
    Mo looks gone and Nunez, well he's just Nunez.
    Konate, been poor for weeks. Maybe still not quite fit but I'd be starting Quansah over him from now on ,it's not like Konate is way better than him at all.
    Szoboslai,well and truly took the mantle from Ox and Keita as the new Mr Invisible. Fucking hides in games.

Shameful , inept performance.
    Diaz at least had a go, but the rest stank the place out.
    And Jurgen , what the fuck was the subs tonight, nothing short of idiotic.
    Please FSG get a coach that can change the set up to match the opposition.
    The best friendships are built on a solid foundation of alcohol, cake, sarcasm and a dislike of the same people.

Virgil rightly mentions needing to look in the mirror about whether they wanted to win the title. Plus also talks of 12:30pm kick off on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Serious question, but why do you think no one will sign of the manager is Slot?
    It's still Liverpool they are playing for.
    I know nothing about Slot so I'm actually wondering if you know something about him or is it an off the cuff comment.
    In reality, everything is an off the cuff comment tonight.. Maybe in the cold light of day, reason will reassert itself. However, at the moment, if we end up with Slot, any player given the choice of Utd, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea or us doesn't have a concrete reason to go with us beyond what we have done in the past (getting further away) Our latest European legacy is getting battered at home by Atalanta in the Not Quite Good Enough Competition for god's sake. The CL finals seem a long way away now.
    Many people gift Klopp with our success and agents will see us as a new project with no guarantees of reward and certainly not the massive paycheck that a Utd or a Chelsea will throw at them.

Virgil also mentions the ref and the amount of free kicks given to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    The City draw didn't kill our title challenge.
    You always factor those in in any season when you're challenging and dropping points - and even losing against them - is part of the equation to challenging them for the title.

It's the same thing that killed our title challenge in other seasons that did so again this season.
    It's the dropping silly points against teams we SHOULD be beating like the (struggling) Man. Uniteds, or the (getting beat at home by) Crystal Palace's.

Those are the places where our challenge dies.

This is going to be our FOURTH loss in the season.
    City have won the title in past seasons after losing 3 and even 4 games.
    The difference is, they won the games they had to win, while we drew most of ours.
    I just think that we had to win and we battered them in that second half. You're right about the others though for sure. Draws early in the season were always going to haunt us. Luton springs to mind, looked like a point salvaged at the time but two dropped in reality.
    It's a bitter pill right now but it's still been a thoroughly enjoyable season apart from these last few weeks. Gutted that Klopp goes out this way.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'm not talking about winning the title. I don't remember anyone saying that after we tanked Sparta in the Europa and we're on a good run in the league ,win the league cup etc.
    The talk was that it looked to have actually gone the other way and spurred them on.

Oh right sorry mis read.

I think it probably did give us a little push at first. It would naturally, But it was so far back in the season. Way too early, that wave gets ridden and then it collapses.

As I said a month back - it’s like a death from a thousand cuts.
    It’s catches up.

Mentally exhausting and more recently the talk has been - Klopp’s last European Quarter final - Klopp’s last Game v United - Klopp’s last this that … drip drip.

the players are constantly reminded - they will have a new man come May - will they be in the squad - focus on the title race and everything gets lost etc etc.. Eventually it ruins things

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Oh right sorry mis read.

I think it probably did give us a little push at first. It would naturally, But it was so far back in the season. Way too early, that wave gets ridden and then it collapses.

It’s catches up.

Mentally exhausting and more recently the talk has been - Klopp’s last European Quarter final - Klopp’s last Game v United - Klopp’s last this that … drip drip.

the players are constantly reminded - they will have a new man come May - will they be in the squad - focus on the title race and everything gets lost etc etc.. Eventually it ruins things
    Aye agree fully. There's been so much microscopic focus it's gradually taken effect but in the wrong way.
    It's the hope that's killed us. At this point last season there seriously can't have been one fan who'd have thought we would be involved with five to go. That's testament to the man,it's just devastating it's not ending in a great way for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Oh right sorry mis read.

It’s catches up.

I think this nails it.

Emotionally, I think everyone is just wrecked.

It's important we dont throw away all the good work Klopp has done over the years. Despite tonight, despite the way the end of the season has panned out there are some good players here, and some very good players to bulid around.

Klopp made the point a few weeks ago, the boys that are struggling are the boys that have got us this far. unfortuntely it has been a step too far.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side