Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attacking output in 23/24

Attacking output in 23/24

Having played 34 League games and having been knocked out of the Europa, I thought I'd knock a few of the more basic attacking metrics up on the forum, amidst a period where fans are beginning to discuss whether to sell certain players or not.

To start, I'm just putting up goals, assists and minutes played for the Premier League and Europa League for the season. The League Cup and FA Cup featured much more heavily rotated sides in places, so I haven't gone digging there - though may do so in time.

Hopefully this thread can provide a quick-glance reference for forum users when assessing players. People know my thoughts on a couple of individuals (and in particular my feeling that Darwin, whilst needing to improve, gets a disproportionate amount of the flack) but I am keen to keep it as info-based rather than narrative-based as I can.

With that in mind, here is some quick, basic info on our players. Subject to correction at a later stage -

Player - age - alleged wage

Gakpo - 24 - £120,000 per week
    Núñez - 24 - £140,000 per week
    Diaz - 27 - £55,000 per week
    Jota - 27 - £140,000 per week
    Salah - 31 - £350,000 per week

PREMIER LEAGUE
    Goals, assists, minutes

Gakpo - 6 goals, 4 assists in 1,309 minutes.
    Núñez - 11 goals, 8 assists in 1,985 minutes.
    Diaz - 8 goals, 4 assists in 2,344 minutes.
    Jota - 10 goals, 3 assists in 1,150 minutes.
    Salah - 17* goals, 9 assists in 2,255 minutes. *5 were pens

EUROPA LEAGUE
    Goals, assists, minutes

Gakpo - 4 goals, 1 assist in 636 minutes.
    Núñez - 5 goals, 1 assist in 459 minutes.
    Diaz - 3 goals, 0 assists in 442 minutes.
    Jota - 3 goals, 0 assists in 227 minutes.
    Salah - 5 goals, 4 assists in 339 minutes.

Reasonable chance I'll revisit with the odd bit of more detailed info (minutes per goal/assist as an example) if I'm a bit bored some time, though life outside of LFC is proving busy and entertaining so won't guarantee that.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

The most surprising thing to me there is the difference in Diaz's salary in comparison to the others. Unless that's meant to say 155k?
    If it is only 55k a week then it won't be long before he's either away or negotiates a new contract.

Overall the stats aren't bad at all and adding a new attacker in the summer, a more clinical finisher then there's no reason why that can't be improved on. It's just a massive downer how in particular Mo and Nunez' form has really dropped off as it's clearly been reflected in our performances. We've needed them to bail us out,Mo in particular but it just hasn't happened.
    I'm not distracting from what an amazing player he's been,one of the greatest and I hope I'm wrong but it does sadly look like the best is well and truly in the past now.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    The most surprising thing to me there is the difference in Diaz's salary in comparison to the others. Unless that's meant to say 155k?
    If it is only 55k a week then it won't be long before he's either away or negotiates a new contract.
    The £55k-per-week is, so far as I know, accurate.

Tottenham offered him this, his agent slipped us the info and the proposed fee, we matched it - so in terms of wages, he is definitely more cost-effective than the others.

I don't think we've beat one of the other top 6 this season along with the shit show this past month. Big games require the big players to step up and sadly they haven't.
    De Bruyne, Foden, Rodri, Odegaard, Saka even bloody Havertz has stepped up.
    Who has for us ?

Out of them all Diaz has tried his best to step up, he's been my POTY. Alot don't rate him but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Out of them all Diaz has tried his best to step up, he's been my POTY. Alot don't rate him but I do.
    I'm in both camps.

- Rate his work ethic.
    - Rate the raw entertainment value.
    - Feel he needs to up his goal/assist output.
    - Often dislike his decision-making.
    - Often feel he is head-down like Baros and misses opportunities to assist*

*Just to expand on that last point, 2,786 combined minutes for Premier League and Europa and has 3 assists, all of which came in the Premier League*

I don't think we've beat one of the other top 6 this season along with the shit show this past month. Big games require the big players to step up and sadly they haven't.
    De Bruyne, Foden, Rodri, Odegaard, Saka even bloody Havertz has stepped up.
    Who has for us ?
    I think Macallister did in a few games but nobody else has really the last few weeks.
    Van Dijk has carried that defence but he can't do it all alone. I agree with Carragher about Konate,he's not been good enough and is often unfit. We need a new centre back,we can't rely on him. I genuinely would rather see Quansah take his place most games now.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I think Macallister did in a few games but nobody else has really the last few weeks.
    Van Dijk has carried that defence but he can't do it all alone. I agree with Carragher about Konate,he's not been good enough and is often unfit. We need a new centre back,we can't rely on him. I genuinely would rather see Quansah take his place most games now.
    konate a bit better version of sakho

Umpty lumpty.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

well that say's it all. if he's POTY
    #FSGOUT

Not sure what's more criminal gakpo on 120k a week or Nunez on the same wage as jota
    #FSGOUT