Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v West Ham United (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    This is so true. Still don't know why Hendo gets drawn in when there are 2 red shirts for 2 Hammers. Jones and Trent have to stay out there for the overlapping run - not that either does well..

I mean to be fair there are many mistakes when we look at that goal - the defending is poor from all of them.
    Correct.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Oh open your eyes man..Watch the first 15-16 seconds over and over again and tell me who is the most lax.. Trent does his usual tbf and doesn't cover himself in glory but both he and Jones are defending out wide the captain has Fornels run past him within a few feet and just lets him go. Gini realises as he is freely moving into an ocean of space in the middle but it's too late.

Beyond thatGomez's header is awful - the shot is poor but then that might be what beats Alisson - was expecting a better strike.

Teams have to be able to change formation and tactics ( both of which you MASSIVELY over play ) you loon ( joke ) what kind of team would we be if only able to play one way. What you are suggesting makes us out to be a one dimensional outfit.?

Also watch how Jota strikes a ball... Technique. technique technique

The clip misses the point I was making entirely, you need the clip of West Ham's transition, where the ball came from, which I've seen as I watched it again as I wanted to see where and how West Ham were allowed to play the ball out and make the transition so easily. That highlight clip doesn't even how how their player made his run off Robbo ffs

I believe the original ball to release the player who ran off Robbo came from West Ham's right, how did that happen so easily, what is our first form of defence and has been for the last 3 seasons, oh yes, that's the one, our pressing, how did they release a player through being allowed to play out so easily from there, hmmmmm, scratches head, oh, Mane wasn't where he'd usually be to stop that from happening and Robbo wasn't there because Mane wasn't there.

Why is our line so deep? Who the fuck is organising and leading it? There's playing a bit deeper and there's whoever is supposed to be leading the line not pushing it up closer to our midfield

My eyes are wide open thank you, 2 players short of our usual press on our left, defensive line too far away from our midfield
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The really funny bit is you're effectively saying our players should be picking up opposition players in case one of our players passes the ball straight to them it's absolutely hilarious

Yeah, FUCKS sake Gomez WHY weren't you picking up Grealish v Villa in case Adrian passed the ball to him THAT is how ridiculous what you're saying is
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 2nd November 2020 at 09:05 PM.

I’m not saying anything beyond it was poor defending from most of us and Hendo was a major culprit in leaving Fornels in an ocean of space - he should have got a better shot off but still managed to score.

I realise it is almost impossible for you to accept that Henderson could ever be culpable for anything but I think most can see it for what it is..

What is ridiculous is your crazed pretence that Henderson is one of the best players on the planet: it is Barn stormingly bonkers and just means people don’t take you seriously.

I personally find it funny and I do admit - I like the loyalty however misplaced it is.
    Last edited by Steveo; 2nd November 2020 at 09:17 PM.

I actually think Henderson in that instance is exactly where he should be, to me it's a good position, to stop a ball being played into feet on the edge of our area, to go to their player if he 1. cuts inside Jones driving for our box 2. Plays the ball down the line and makes a run off Jones to receive it back running into our box, to say it is a huge stretch to suggest Henderson should have been with their scorer in case one of our own players passed the ball straight to him is an understatement and it is the same as the example I gave that Gomez should have been marking Grealish in case Adrian passed the ball to him

Now, if Henderson's where he is and isn't blocking any line for the ball to be played to their lad or isn't doing it adequately and a West Ham player passes the ball to him and he scores, of course he is at fault, but that isn't what happened is it, he was passed to by our own player, Henderson having stopped a West Ham player being able to find him

Just have to agree to disagree on this one - not that I blame Hendo for the goal - just think he let Fornels move into a dangerous amount of space. It was just a poor goal to concede - I am sure we can both agree on that.

Note to our CBs from Steveo, when Alisson has the ball don't move into space looking to receive it, get tight to the oppositions forwards in case he passes it to one of them with a bad error

Just have to agree to disagree on this one - not that I blame Hendo for the goal - just think he let Fornels move into a dangerous amount of space. It was just a poor goal to concede - I am sure we can both agree on that.
    Yes we will agree to disagree, again, it isn't because it's Hendo and where he was, I have my issues with Fab in the system we've played for almost all of the last 3 seasons, not the 'players all over the place' formations of the last 3 games, but if he'd have been in that position for that goal and our own defender had passed it straight to their player to score, then unsighted the keeper by allowing himself to be megged, I'd be saying exactly the same thing

If you must know I watched it again a couple of times because I was ready to say Hendo had allowed a man to run off him for an opposition transition if that had happened in the build up, then discovered the horror show created by moving players positions and our press to stop teams playing out easy for transitions, our first line of defence for 3 seasons, being entirely absent from where it should have been

It stemmed from Mane and Robbo not being in tandem on our left to stop West Ham playing out easily , then Robbo letting their player run off him, (alluding to my assertion that our press and counter press being at its best would be a better means of protecting our defence than leaving more players back), and whoever was supposed to be leading our defensive line not having got it closer to our midfield. Jones was poor, backing off their player, Trent was poor in his position and reaction even though it didn't come to his area, Phillips missed his attempted header, there's a catalogue of errors, all of which could have been avoided by our press being better.

Ultimately though, all of that is by the by, no-one defended it particularly well, but, they still wouldn't have scored except for an absolutely horrendous error from Gomez, to head that ball clear and well clear of our area under no pressure whatsoever should be meat and drink for any CB at any level all day long
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 2nd November 2020 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Note to our CBs from Steveo, when Alisson has the ball don't move into space looking to receive it, get tight to the oppositions forwards in case he passes it to one of them with a bad error

If you say so 19...

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Yes we will agree to disagree, again, it isn't because it's Hendo and where he was, I have my issues with Fab in the system we've played for almost all of the last 3 seasons, not the 'players all over the place' formations of the last 3 games, but if he'd have been in that position for that goal and our own defender had passed it straight to their player to score, then unsighted the keeper by allowing himself to be megged, I'd be saying exactly the same thing

If you must know I watched it again a couple of times because I was ready to say Hendo had allowed a man to run off him for an opposition transition if that had happened in the build up, then discovered the horror show created by moving players positions and our press to stop teams playing out easy for transitions, our first line of defence for 3 seasons, being entirely absent from where it should have been
    It was a horror show of a goal to concede on many levels - 100% - but the system you want us to keep playing has evolved because our first line of defence are clocking up too many miles.

That’s how I see it anyway. We have to change - evolve and have more than one way to play - otherwise we are totally reliant on a players all remaining fit and on nobody ever finding a way to counter our approach.