Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3437383940414243444546474849505154 ... LastLast

Thread: Southampton v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Oh well lads it was fun while it lasted

Back to normal

thanks fsg/klopp kids cryin now

I know i keep mentioning Firmino. but ive never know a number 9 spend so much time in midfield even in the latter half of the second half he was still dropping into midfield.. You need bodies up the pitch and central..Its fine playing wide players but the angles on goal is not always in their favour..
    Its not easy to score when you have numerous players attacking the ball in the box. some block you off while the other gets the ball away. But we do need more bodies in there..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Nope the world hasn't ended, and maybe your way of thinking is sometimes the way to go, but I'm a realist, and the reality is that we are looking completely gassed and out of ideas, and as such if we don't do something i.e. refresh the squad/team, the likelihood is that we'll be winning the sum total of zilch this season.
    Noods I had my meltdown West Brom game. But I am not losing hope until it is mathematically impossible. We could win on the 17th and the season could kick on from there. We could fall 6 pts behind and more and then go on a run and snatch the title from there.

Look, we knew winning a successive league was going to be hard. Then we have COVID and a deluge of injuries. If we can't win it, I just hope we can start playing attractive, exciting footy again, and at least give the fans at home something to cheer about. This shit is just not fun to watch. I've made my call - City to take it at a canter and we're top 4 - best of the rest if everything goes smoothly. I'm disappointed but also 50% through a bottle of wine in dry-January - so I can philosophise!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I'll get one up later if it's not up yet, a public poll.
    You need to add an option or caveat regarding any possible (or not) transfers taking place.

I just hope Klopp gets bis head back. We cannot afford to lose him or we are toast.

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    Look, we knew winning a successive league was going to be hard. Then we have COVID and a deluge of injuries. If we can't win it, I just hope we can start playing attractive, exciting footy again, and at least give the fans at home something to cheer about. This shit is just not fun to watch. I've made my call - City to take it at a canter and we're top 4 - best of the rest if everything goes smoothly. I'm disappointed but also 50% through a bottle of wine in dry-January - so I can philosophise!
    If we continue serving up the same shit of the last few games, Top four isn’t really happening

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    He was just waiting for Trent to break the record, giving the ball away 38 times in the match.

Need to give Trent a rest and play Milly there, he’s been hopeless for some time and play Rhys in at CB til Matip plays his next 45 minutes.
    Midfield needs to be Henderson, Thiago and Wijnaldum,
    Hendo for the press, Wij to keep possession and Thiago to create, he must have felt all alone at times.
    Milners legs are gone. Trent was shite but is the best RB we have. So he must play or else Williams. Milner will be slaughtered there by pace and also he offers nothing on overlap. He has gone old suddenly this season.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    And you still want him in the 11??
    I've wanted us to play 4231 and him in the 10 position. He's not beyond dropping but he's a valuable player for us even off top form.
    Important in our set piece defending winning headers, good effort and can break through the middle of the pitch with passing.
    Ask 19 on that one
    Imo we have good options for a midfield2/2sixes gini/Hendo/thiago
    And 31 suits our other players

I also want us to sign mbappe whose entering his final year this summer and should have a massive row with poch.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I agree about the poor form from us, but we got nothing tonight. The one on Mane really should of been a penalty.
    It should have been.
    But what did we do with the 70 or so odd minutes before that and after we fell behind the Saints?

1 shot on target.

A call for a penalty not given in a game you come off as second best, is basically an admission that you couldn't have scored without the referee's help.

Even if Mane wasn't fouled in that play, do you really think he'd have done anything with the chance after he got free?
    Does anyone really believe that that was a dead-set scoring chance that was taken away from us?

It's too easy to blame the refs because it allows us to overlook our own shortcomings, and we've become too comfortable with doing that (especially the VAR officials) as a club.

I'd probably feel different if we had had 80% possession and 18 shots on target (out of 26 shots total or something), because at least those stats show a team that was actually trying to win.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!