Page 45 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3538394041424344454647484950515255 ... LastLast

Thread: Leicester City v Liverpool (Match Thread)

You can see what money grabbers the owners were when they wanted to furlough the staff.. Its all about money with them. Dont get me wrong they are amazing owners.But time will tell if they really want to back the best manager we have had in decades.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Just seen what people are on about regarding the push on Mane.

You have to laugh really.

There is no way officials are this bad im with Justme/Nineteen something isnt right and its clear we got screwed on first two goals.

Moving forward I dont want Hendo/Fab at CB.

Both games Jones went off we fell apart now im not saying he had a good game today but Ox did he even touch the ball ???

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Klopp has proven himself a true genius....We just need to accept whatever happens this season and remember when he has his best 11 on the pitch he is unstoppable........ City were the best team in the World ever...

Then last season we smashed the Granny out of them.... now they are back just as we will be.....

Last season was no fluke it was just the beginning!!!
    Klopp is a top top top Manager. I am not in doubt. But I'll things come to an end.

Scenario 1It is going to play out in one of 2 ways. We don't make top four but bounce back next s3ason with Van Dijk. Jota and some new players. Some departures etc. Bounce back I don't mean we have to win the league.

Scenario 2

It just continues downhill. Next season slow start then December new Manager. Or Klopp quits end of season due to emotional fatigue (I do think he is gone imo), covid, No suppoeters the world ad a whole erg has been taxing on everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Klopp has proven himself a true genius....We just need to accept whatever happens this season and remember when he has his best 11 on the pitch he is unstoppable........ City were the best team in the World ever...

Then last season we smashed the Granny out of them.... now they are back just as we will be.....

Last season was no fluke it was just the beginning!!!
    I don't take the thought of klopp being sacked seriously at all

Do think he needs a bit of reinvention and adaptation. We should play a bit more like a lot of the good but not great sides in the league
    Get tough to beat and counter attack, especially with a lead.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Just seen what people are on about regarding the push on Mane.

You have to laugh really.

There is no way officials are this bad im with Justme/Nineteen something isnt right and its clear we got screwed on first two goals.

Moving forward I dont want Hendo/Fab at CB.

Both games Jones went off we fell apart now im not saying he had a good game today but Ox did he even touch the ball ???
    Ox hasn’t impacted a game in any way for us since maybe West Ham away last season.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I don't take the thought of klopp being sacked seriously at all

Do think he needs a bit of reinvention and adaptation. We should play a bit more like a lot of the good but not great sides in the league
    Get tough to beat and counter attack, especially with a lead.
    This. I think I’d like us to start to move away from the 3 up front a bit if possible too. Dunno if klopp views it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    You can see what money grabbers the owners were when they wanted to furlough the staff.. Its all about money with them. Dont get me wrong they are amazing owners.But time will tell if they really want to back the best manager we have had in decades.
    This next window will show their hand. I have felt that they have done well. But if the Ismaila Sarr story is truw then it is a problem. Rumours also Klopp wanted Koulibally not sure but if true then they are a problem.

August will show their hand. Obviously Slaha and or Mane will be sold and finds used but of most is used or all and we have positive net spend then it will show. Or we only sign after big sale.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Alison
    Van Dijk
    Robertson
    Gini
    Fab
    Salah
    Mane
    Ox
    Bobby
    Thiago
    Jota

Please list their transfer fees. Please compare with players signed at the time for those position. Please be honest when all of them were signed whether it was not over the top that was paid.

Before you tow that they used Coutinho money blah blah blah. That is a fantasy. Van Dijk was coming, Southampton just didn't sell him in August. Coutinho wanted to leave even feigned injury to push the move.

Alison was a show of muscle. They went for the most expensive. Best goalkeeper. If they were thrifty. Theuthey could have signed Schmeicel or the rest that was linked for cheaper. But theu went 3 times imo to get the absolute best in their position when it was available. Alison, Van Dijk and Fabinho.

Do you think ththe 3 owners signed Minamino or Klopp. Some people want Mbappe, Neymar type of signings in one transfer window. Or 4 full backs for 200 million like City it is not going to happen.
    All of that is irrelevant. Our net spend is the FOURTEENTH highest in the PL alone over the last five years. The one and only time we went out and spent serious money is when we sold Coutinho, which whether you like it or not is relevant. You say that VVD was already lined up irrespective of what happened with Coutinho, but by the same token it could already have been known that Coutinho was going to be sold, and that the money received for him was going to be put towards VVD and Alisson. For all you know they could have earmarked other players to be sold to finance those signings if Barcelona had not paid as much as they did.

If they had sold Coutinho and not used most, if not all of that money to bring in one or two quality/expensive players, they know there would have been serious unrest. They may be businessmen, and tight as ****, but they aren't stupid. They hired Klopp because of his record of being successful on the cheap. People like yourself can keep denying it, but there is more evidence to suggest that is indeed the case than there is to say that's not the main reason why they hired him.
    Last edited by RedNoodle; 13th February 2021 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Mane with the clearest of pushes in the back - they break alison faffs and they score

Var... I wonder.... i doubt it...

1-0 just had to see it out and fuck me we can't park a bus
    We are getting fuck all.
    I feel there's so much corruption in sport. Turned over to watch the England Rugby against Italy, and English forward passes are being allowed! Crazy.

If T-rex arms is in the starting 11 next weekend. I hope one of our players takes him out near the end of the game. Its worth the ban..
    Its time we showed some meanness
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century