Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Everton v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    You are not the only person to notice this, 19. It was actually the thing that people were responding to on here in the immediate aftermath
    I'm aware of that Taskin, I was the only person here however to notice our throwing our having the best attacking left flank in Europe and our ability to work it to one flank and then to a player in space on the other out of the window entirely last season and to complain incredibly vigorously about it throughout last season and the start or this.

I was particularly delighted that in that move we could move it from one flank to the other because THAT has been missing for far too many fucking games last season and this and still needs a fucking lot more hard work to get it back to anywhere near the levels it was at in its pomp

Everyone hailing Robbo's bets 2 games in 2 seasons, because we have worked on re-establishing that left side to more like it was, we've had players there to support Robbo's full back play as it needs to be and as we support Trent's for the first time in about 60 odd games in the last 2 games, as I long maintained the issue was
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

You can’t pull the autism card on us at this stage in the argument, 19x!

It was a great goal - a sweeping, beautiful overwhelming of the opponent. We saw it. You tried to say it wasn’t all that because the defender made a mistake. You might want to hold back on telling everyone else they can’t judge good football when they see it.

Jota plays the false 9 roll and hes way more prolific than Firmino. So im 100% happy with him
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I love Jota, I was probably the only person here to state that Jota was the only player at Wolves we should be looking to sign when the usual 'flavour of the month, next best thing' types were clamouring for big lump Traore, I was probably the most pleased person here when we did sign him, when quite a number of people here were surprised and didn't rate his signing initially, but as ever, I just won't over egg or embelish his achievements, his take wasn't brilliant, it actually took it into not the best position for him and Allan was simply woeful, he wasn't bamboozled by any great skill or body shape from Jota, then Prickford, Jota having taken himself wider than necessary giving himself precious little of the goal to aim at, goes down early when all he had to do was stand up - He took it well, but it was made through 2 absolutely criminal errors from the bitters players, not by Saurezesque genius

Lauding that Jota goal as anything other than I have described is like saying Jones is a top Premier League players or looks to have the potential to be one, Gomez is a top CB or Fabinho is a top top class No6 better than Kante, Henderson, Rodri and others, just nonsense over egging of a player because he's our player, come through our academy, or took the place for a few games of a season of our captain who took the armband after Gerrard
    To be fair mate, I don’t recall anyone wanting Traore. I’m pretty sure we all recognised he’s a one trick pony; loads of pace, but very little end product.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    To be fair mate, I don’t recall anyone wanting Traore. I’m pretty sure we all recognised he’s a one trick pony; loads of pace, but very little end product.
    Watch him get a hatrick on Saturday now
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Watch him get a hatrick on Saturday now
    Ah, shit. Me and my big mouth ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I love Jota, I was probably the only person here to state that Jota was the only player at Wolves we should be looking to sign when the usual 'flavour of the month, next best thing' types were clamouring for big lump Traore, I was probably the most pleased person here when we did sign him, when quite a number of people here were surprised and didn't rate his signing initially, but as ever, I just won't over egg or embelish his achievements, his take wasn't brilliant, it actually took it into not the best position for him and Allan was simply woeful, he wasn't bamboozled by any great skill or body shape from Jota, then Prickford, Jota having taken himself wider than necessary giving himself precious little of the goal to aim at, goes down early when all he had to do was stand up - He took it well, but it was made through 2 absolutely criminal errors from the bitters players, not by Saurezesque genius

Lauding that Jota goal as anything other than I have described is like saying Jones is a top Premier League players or looks to have the potential to be one, Gomez is a top CB or Fabinho is a top top class No6 better than Kante, Henderson, Rodri and others, just nonsense over egging of a player because he's our player, come through our academy, or took the place for a few games of a season of our captain who took the armband after Gerrard
    Last match thread you were going on about Fabinho being at fault for Mane losing the ball. A pass Mane looked for, got to feet, turned and lost it to a press from an opponent. It was poor from him.

Jotas made a good run and the pass is behind him, he adapts and takes the defender out with his first touch on his weak foot, a dab of his good foot to set it up and finishes on his weaker foot. And you're like he did nothing special just shite defending

The criminal error was Coleman for Salah.

Jota is one of the best goalscorers in the league.

Cheers SB, I’ll save that for a quiet moment with a coffee later.
    Headphones in and turn up the volume obvs!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    He doesn't have the best footballing brain at all by the look of him - can't imagine him memorising and applying positional awareness in a system like ours.

Also has that "head down" style in possession, Baros-esque, much as Baros had his good moments for us too.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay