Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516

Thread: FA Cup Match Thread : Liverpool v Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I do love Jurgen, but he doesn't half spin some absolute whoppers when it comes to Gomez, he always was a manager's favourite for reasons only the manager could see, one of 'those' players "Joe Gomez, we don’t have to discuss his quality and he showed it again tonight" Ooooh well, it gave me a good laugh at least
    That's a soundbite for the media.
    He'll be having a different conversation behind the scenes. Gomez has been nowhere near the 1st team all season. That's more of a reflection of what Klopp thinks of him.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Klopp isnt going to say yeah ive had to stick some crap on the pitch tonight and in any case it wasnt a lie what he said.

He is a very good 4th choice CB for us and if we signed Bremer guess what he'd be 4th choice too !!

Gomez isnt going anywhere unless he asks to leave also factor in he is homegrown and can play full back adds to his value.

I get everyone has an opinion but he was far from the worse player on the pitch tonight.

As ive said before players arent robots and we made 10 changes so its unlikely to be a well oiled machine....see Chelsea at Luton but like us do they care ? No they won.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Why is it being postponed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Quarter-final weekend will be 18th-21st of March.
    Forgot Uniturd are still in the FUckup.

AT least Joe got through the game only giving the one goal away and he did show himself at least to be a capable deputy for Trent as a more defensive option at RB when we played Norwich in the league - I think he can be a very decent utility defender for us and an OK squad filler to make up our homegrown contingent if he's happy enough with that and if he isn't being paid a wage above his ability
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Think he improves us defensively at RB but considerably weakens us at CB.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Think he improves us defensively at RB but considerably weakens us at CB.
    I agree with that, I am kind of hoping he'll be happy to stick around as a squad filler and to play as a more defensive RB or LB in a handful of games a season, we do really need a much better option as 4th choice CB though, Norwich could easily have levelled last night when he ran 10 yards back behind all our other players for the second time allowing them to pass to runners in acres of space - Not sure we'll get another CB unless that Bremer lad is still available for a relatively inexpensive fee
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”