Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Villarreal

The Santiago Bernabéu can be a right cauldron on a CL night. This tie is finely in the balance I would say.
    As Nineteenx says, hopefully Real derail (pun intended) Man City's season, hahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I want Madrid not going to lie it is the easier pill to swallow if we lose.
    In terms of "what ifs" and dwelling on the prospect of losing a European Final, the stains I feel I could never wash out of my Brain would be a loss to Man United, or a loss to an Oil Club. So the thought of losing to Real Madrid is more bearable than the thought of losing to Real Madrid.

With that said, we should enjoy any Final we are in and approach with a positive mindset. Real Madrid are massive tossers, but they're historically significant. Beating them would be satisfying.

Beating Man City would feel like a victory for Football. But as fun as standing on Pep's chest with a Liverpool flag impaled into his skull would be, it's about us holding up Big Ears again - we could match AC Milan and be so far ahead of other English sides.

Real Madrid are the "easier" team to beat (how often have we said that in history? Can't be often!) so I'd rather play them in Footballing terms.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    The Santiago Bernabéu can be a right cauldron on a CL night. This tie is finely in the balance I would say.
    As Nineteenx says, hopefully Real derail (pun intended) Man City's season, hahaha...
    "All" we have to see is Real Madrid win a Home game and it goes to extra-time at the very least.

Certainly isn't beyond the realms of possibility whatsoever.

LOADS of pressure on them to not choke yet again tomorrow. Hope they do.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Hoping Ancelotti leave Kroos out, too slow and laboured for me

A front 3 of the same type as SPurs' that undid City

Vinicius Jnr LFWD loads of pace in behind and quality in finishing

Benzema No9 more complete all round forward than Kane will ever be

Asensio or other attacking mid RFWD dropping off their LB a little picking up the half spaces inside and out looking to feed and create for Benzema and Vinicius

Modric Casemiro Camavinga in midfield to start for me keep it tighter, more legs in there around Modric, that drive to run the ball forward beyond their midfield from Camavinga too

If Ancelotti starts with Kroos and Modric and Rodrygo at RFWD again, I think City will go through, he needs to address what didn't work first leg for me and Kroos and Rodrygo and their lack of legs in midfield didn't work
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Never in doubt

I’m just glad we scored the three goals before Hendo came on or we’d never hear the end of it from 19

We’re going to crush the opposition in Paris

City in Paris for me please. I think they'll bottle it again. No way I want to play those snide Madriders. They're masters at playing the officials.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Diaz is looking like the biggest impact signing since Virgil unless I’m forgetting someone.
    Ah lanky bastard that goes by the name of Jurgen Norbet Klopp?

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Diaz is looking like the biggest impact signing since Virgil unless I’m forgetting someone.
    Alisson

Called Diaz being the first name on the team sheet in our front 3 a few weeks back now
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Just been told utter, utter disappointment ( that's being polite ) on redcafe