Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Aston Villa v Liverpool

Well stats show Jones does press very very well.

Remember we see a screen not the full pitch and if he is lazy our data team will spot that.

There is no hiding place on that score now but he is a marmite player.

We do have numerous players who can play LFWD and really only Salah at RFWD although Ox is pretty good there as back up.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

Remember we see a screen not the full pitch and if he is lazy our data team will spot that.

There is no hiding place on that score now but he is a marmite player.

We do have numerous players who can play LFWD and really only Salah at RFWD although Ox is pretty good there as back up.
    You could see Jones pressing for Sadio last night.

Thought Sadio was really poor but he got the goal and that counts for a lot.
    System wasn't setup very well which didn't help the lads last night.

Stats don't understand pressing then, he's got better, he was a disaster together with Ox in the 2-2 v Brighton, 2 elements to pressing and counter pressing, pressing at the right time in conjunction with teams mates, knowing when to stay put and block the lines - A lot of people don't seem to understand the subtleties of pressing and counter pressing, including a few of our players, there seems to be this school of thought that it simply involves running around a lot and charging towards opposition players, which isn't the case
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I saw the other day how Nineteenx blamed Fabinho for letting Son run behind him for Spurs goal. Ninenteex expects everyone to press then when they do. sometimes runners get beyond your midfield. Fab or anyone cant be everywhere all the time.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I saw the other day how Nineteenx blamed Fabinho for letting Son run behind him for Spurs goal. Ninenteex expects everyone to press then when they do. sometimes runners get beyond your midfield. Fab or anyone cant be everywhere all the time.
    I didn't say that, I didn't even mention Son, I know exactly what I said, when play goes beyond Fab, he jogs back when he should be sprinting back, as Hendo demonstrated several times v Spurs and last night, you have to sprint back in those situations.

I said that I wasn't blaming Fab for their goal as he was one of a few players he should have done better, my complaint was that has he sprinted back as he should have, Kane wouldn't have had the space to come inside, there are quite a few goals we've let in with Fab at No6 when he was the nearest midfielder to our defence when the ball went past him or the play did and yet others who were much further away get nearer to helping stop it and at the point they score you just see Fab nonchalantly jogging into shot, it's not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Stats don't understand pressing then, he's got better, he was a disaster together with Ox in the 2-2 v Brighton, 2 elements to pressing and counter pressing, pressing at the right time in conjunction with teams mates, knowing when to stay put and block the lines - A lot of people don't seem to understand the subtleties of pressing and counter pressing, including a few of our players, there seems to be this school of thought that it simply involves running around a lot and charging towards opposition players, which isn't the case
    Maybe they dont but our stats guys will know and that is what matters.

Klopp totally gets the system he has been managing it for decades !

Dont think any of our players run around like headless chickens we are well tuned BUT it will go wrong at times.

Of course players have bad games, arent quite on it, make a mistake that is normal as I like to say they are human beings and not robots.

Maybe they dont but our stats guys will know and that is what matters.

Klopp totally gets the system he has been managing it for decades !

Dont think any of our players run around like headless chickens we are well tuned BUT it will go wrong at times.

Of course players have bad games, arent quite on it, make a mistake that is normal as I like to say they are human beings and not robots.
    Some of our fringe players do run around like headless chickens to be fair, Elliott, Jones at times though he has improved, Oxlade, just blindly charge towards an opposition player, leaving another wide open in doing so and easily seeing themselves taken out of the game, as well as any of our players knows the system, they are human and even Hendo is by far our best player in his pressing and counter pressing and positioning gets it wrong sometimes, and he is as absolute master at it, Gini was our next best, but Thiago is pretty damned excellent without the ball, he isn't always as on point in the press and counter press, but how he recovers when his position is slightly off is pretty special

I really like Thiago a lot, he always puts himself about a lot, but his last 2 or 3 games he seems to be really relishing and getting even more stuck into his work without the ball, I'd just like to see him not try and dominate with the ball and not always drop to try and get on it and let Hendo and others find him further forward in the kind of positions he created so regularly for Bayern from - I think Thiago should be more like Trent, or The Bacon, found by other players in the right time and space for him to work his magic, rather than feel all the onus is on him to make everything happen everywhere

Some of what Hendo does without the ball is just world class, how he reads it, takes a snap shot of everything so quickly and positions himself exactly where he needs to be so expertly and consistently and is so desperately underrated by too many of our own fans, some of what he does with it aint half bad at times either

I agree players like Hendo are very good at it not every player has the same football IQ.

You only have to be a fraction of a second out and you get caught out.

Curtis/Harvey I would expect to make the most errors as they are both young and you only get better at anything with experience.

Im liking The Bacon reference 😂

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Goal difference is a stupid rule anyway.
    How do you feel about the play-off title decider?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61407180

Big time bottler Fab looks like he did pull a Pogba and cry off v Villa

He apparently has a glute injury

What are the symptoms of a gluteal strain? A sudden, sharp pain in the buttocks is usually felt when the strain occurs. Pain will be felt immediately after and may reduce over time. However pain is likely to be felt on activity that uses the gluteal muscles such as jogging

Well, that was always going to happen sooner or later, the only surprise is that it's taken this long