Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Formations

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    On saturday both Liverpool and City played 4 3 3. Liverpool just played their normal way like they almost always do. But Pep was fretting and moving around players all the time, especially De Bruyne and Bernado Silva. they didn't seem to know what they were doing.
    Hi FaridToxteth,
    Not sure why Daffyd mentioned woke in reply to my previous post (I posted another post about what does woke mean. Think I will make a new thread about what forumites think to on that subject).
    I think 433 does not portray the game at any point of time. It is perhaps notional. It is not like the map that various websites setup pre-match.
    When we attacking in numbers we are not rigid 433
    When we defend in numbers we are not rigid 433
    When we are probng in attack we are not 433
    At what times are we actually 433?

just a joke, Scientificred, having just replied to your question about what 'woke' means

I think we do stay pretty much 4 3 3 with that movement of the fullbacks and the inside movement of Mane and Salah as I described earlier on in the thread.
    Pep was basically trying to shift his players around to stop VVD picking out passes to Robbo or Trent. But we always had an extra man, especially when Haaland got too tired to press (after about ten minutes!).
    However Nunes is a different kettle of fish. Virgil van Dijk has suggested that he will learn the way to press from Firmino in time, but you can see he can be released through the middle with an accurate long ball. The city defenders were not expecting that, and dropped a bit deep, which fucked up their own press even more.