Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Fulham v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Agree. I think personnel wasn’t why we lost to RM last May though. Klopp was out managed by Ancelotti plus chaos thanks to UEFA hurt us more. Losing two titles by a point or two is about needing a stronger couple of players in key positions. That’s where when this team and Klopp are gone it will look like a great team that both underachieved and were facing the richest team in England’s history as a title gatekeeper.
    Last May had Salah been a better finisher we won. Ancelotti the luckiest CL win I have ever seen. But I respect your view fully.

The rest I cede a draw. The boys did exceptional but when people look back 100 years from now it will only show 2 major trophies. So I am not downplaying but I am just saying one day a Van Dijk or Salah will look back and feel maybe 1 or 2 more.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Might we see a new midfielder brought in before the end of the transfer window?
    I would be pretty surprised if we did despite this mini injury crisis.

We saw with the centre-back crisis that we didn't go out and "just buy anyone" (not counting Ben Davies due to lowness of fee) as we didn't want to end up having someone else to integrate in with our eventual targeted signing in Konate.

We'll only bring in someone we really want - particularly if (huge if...) Bellingham is arriving in January or next Summer - so unless we have someone lined up that we (really) want and they're at a club willing to listen to offers I can't see it - plus we'd have to do something like not register someone like Ox - and we won't simply pretend someone on £120k-per-week doesn't exist within our model.

Ideally someone would have bought Ox to free up a space but it hasn't happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Yep and people don't understand Klopp and the team we have won't be around forever, likes of henderson firmino dropping, maybe even VVD isn't as good as he use to be, I mean matip was better last season.

Oh well.

30 more years
    Don't think 30 years but not this season I feel. 4th and or a trophy I take. I can see City hitting the Luverpool/City level especially with their recruiting 2 goalscorer. The only way to beat City is pressure. Drawing at Fulham is not the type of pressure. Watch them hit West Ham for 5 or 6 tomorrow and put fear into all the bottom 16 teams through that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    All done on purpose, high speed thinking by high speed thinking footballer
    Not sure about that. All I know is he’s fecking effective.

I am not gonna enjoy this season. its gonna be a long drawn out drag.. I just hope we just manage to do enough to win the league. second place is no place..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Not sure about that. All I know is he’s fecking effective.
    Look at the eyes and the head movement and the foot movement that follows!

Looking at the last 10 years with exception to the Leicester miracle and us in 2019, hasn’t the richest squad/owner at the time won the league? I haven’t looked but wasn’t it Abramovic/Chelsea and Oil City every other year?

This forum gets 'funnier' by the week. The amount of criticism half of the players get is mental.

90+ points in 3 out of our last 4 seasons. Two European Cup finals and 2 games away from an unprecedented quad.

Yet we're basing all of our opinions on a single bad game (again) yet totally dismissing the bigger picture.