Page 74 of 149 FirstFirst ... 246467686970717273747576777879808184124 ... LastLast

Thread: General transfer thread (everything not LFC) 22/23

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Yeah!

There’s nothing worse that owners who are desperate to impress

predators!
    Hahaaaa..Imagine if they didn't spend the money written off by Roman on players? Give yourself a minute or two to think it through. Desperate stuff..

Todays daily challenge..

Find a better definition of football club owners behaving like predators and feeding off the huge increases in money flowing through the sport.

'For the Glazers and for Kroenke, it has only ever been about the money. They haven’t even tried to hide it. Henry and his Fenway Sports Group attempted to court popularity in the early days at Liverpool, expressing shock and indignation whenever they were portrayed as greedy capitalists, but the mask has slipped so many times, you sense they have stopped bothering now. “This means more”? Not to the owners, it doesn’t.'

Sounds like something you wrote yourself, Steveo. Must be objective truth in that case!

I’m not sure what your post about not spending the money written off means. They’ve paid a huge fee for the club and it’s after that that they’ve been desperate to impress. The Abramovic loan didn’t feature for them as the club was stolen off him and the sale went to market courtesy of HMRC

They’ve spent 3 billion or whatever it was plus a huge amount on a load of players in the aftermath

No it’s from one of the Athletic articles i gave you a link to. I knew you hadn’t read it.

https://theathletic.com/2531190/2021...l-of-it/?amp=1

Yes I know and I said it sounds like something you’d write.

I’ve worked with a lot of very successful and wealthy clients and I don’t think I have ever met anyone who only does something for the money. It’s a kind of fantasy that people who aren’t very successful have it seems to me. And I’m not claiming anything about your success by the way.

If I were to throw that accusation at almost anyone with a career they would be rightly insulted. Of course all of us who are serious about our careers will be motivated by making money to some degree and it’s actually essential that we are as, contrary to Karl Marx’s erroneous formulation, profit is a very important guide for success. The fact that they did away with profits in the Soviet system goes hand in hand with why they produced nothing of value except military innovation.

That’s not to say there aren’t thieves, dealers and scam artists. Many of whom are capitalising on distortions in the market caused by government activities. But running a successful business almost always requires skill in getting around government restrictions, passion, knowledge and hard work. I’ve treated two people today who are young business owners who are nearly killing themselves to be successful. And money is only a small part of what’s driving them forwards.

Marx was totally right - predicted the shit storm we see today and was a total visionary…whereas those you look up to are both misguided and the net result is despicable.

I expect you will see the light in time as you seem a decent fellow.

im with u on all of this Steveo, these last minute loans or bargain buys to stem the CB and then midfield crisis speak volumes. Ironically if they had spent more in xfers than they wanted, i think they would have reaped it all back and more in prize money and merchandising as we would have won more.Summer 2023 is the acid test, do they release 000's of new ST's from the waiting list at £950 per season to the deserving or do they keep the majority of those new seats to be sold at £300+ per game for tourists and businessmen.

my work is no longer owned by the French Canadian parent who were awkward, arrogant wankers and mismanaged it to being sold off to an American parent who within weeks stopped our final salary pension scheme, cut our travel expenses by 70% and want more for less to line the shareholders pockets. Theres a pattern here...

Really am so sorry to hear that Sydenham.. Sadly this is the language of hard nosed - bottom line driven business - regardless of nationality. Sadly it is the norm in the US.

I have plenty of family in the US, my own sister thinks I am mad - “a communist…” insert name… but I worry for her and her family as I do for so many Americans and others throughout the world . Millions of whom have lost so much to the free market and globalisation.

People become secondary - it’s not progress

You're a commie? OK
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Really am so sorry to hear that Sydenham.. Sadly this is the language of hard nosed - bottom line driven business - regardless of nationality. Sadly it is the norm in the US.

I have plenty of family in the US, my own sister thinks I am mad - “a communist…” insert name… but I worry for her and her family as I do for so many Americans and others throughout the world . Millions of whom have lost so much to the free market and globalisation.

People become secondary - it’s not progress
    How do you feel about the people in North Korea, Venezuela and Cuba for starters? Not to mention the poor souls in Russia, China and Vietnam in the last century who lost their lives for the cause - was it 100 million of them?

The self-righteousness of the person who still advocates Marxism is staggering given the evidence for it.

But the theory of surplus value (profit) was erroneous and has been shown to be such a thousand times over. It’s a theory that only a privileged narcissist, which Marx undoubtedly was, could submit without a responsible degree of self-doubt.