Page 34 of 111 FirstFirst ... 242728293031323334353637383940414484 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Klopp arguably built his first side from the front and we seem to be doing so again.

Purchasing Gakpo (over a mid) in January had (and still has) a massive question-mark on it but if we nick 4th in the end then go onto buy quality fit+healthy midfielders in the Summer it will end up looking a justification of the calculated gamble after the mistakes of the Summer.

Paul Tomkins claims we made a last-ditch effort for Caicedo but that Brighton wouldn't entertain business as it was left so late. Would love to see the alternate universe where we got him, having acted more quickly - or even one where Melo was fit to help rotate.

Chris Pajak gave a funny analogy about our activity when we couldn't get Tchouameni (chose Real) or Bellingham (Dortmund wouldn't sell in the same window as Haaland) where he said words to the effect of "if you go to Tesco to buy a chicken for Dinner and they don't have one, you don't simply go Home and buy no Dinner - you buy an alternative" which did make me chuckle.
    That last part is bang on and it's seemingly one of Klopps major flaws. Like you've said a good few times, there are plenty of mids who could have improved us but we chose not to bring one in until the last minute ( Arty M) and he was a pure panic at the checkout
    We've got away with it before but due to squad being allowed to age and deplete in quality it's bitten us on the arse now.

Is Tomkins meaning we went for Caicedo in summer or January?
    Last edited by teesred; 24th February 2023 at 02:27 PM.

Certainly starting to look better each game.

Alisson, Bajcetic, Nunez probably the only 3 that have had a more than acceptable season.
    Robertson, Bobby (before injury) Thiago and Diaz at the start too .

The rest have been way below previous levels.

Caicedo, Bellingham and Gvardiol would pacify me this summer.

Then another mid, CB and RWF over the next two windows. Two new mid starters would still leave us one short imo, our CB’s have all been shocking this season and Mo won’t be getting another big fat contract when this one runs out.

I wouldnt be surprised if we go in for ward-prowse if the saints go down. its the kind of deals we do
    hes a good player but we can do better
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Caicedo, Bellingham and Gvardiol would pacify me this summer.

Then another mid, CB and RWF over the next two windows. Two new mid starters would still leave us one short imo, our CB’s have all been shocking this season and Mo won’t be getting another big fat contract when this one runs out.
    Them 3 would get us back to the top. Arguably the dream 3.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Is Tomkins meaning we went for Caicedo in summer or January?
    Very late in the Summer window.

I think Caicedo will go for more than Rice. Easily over 80m.

Yep his value will have soared these last few months.. It is crazy though.

Rice on the other hand is decent if unspectacular, but if he isn't English he is easily attainable in price.

Caicedo is premier league proven... wanted man now.. That fee could rise and rise

Apparently Darwin is out off tonight's game as he never travelled with the squad.

Diogo to start then I'd say. Shame that like, I wonder if it's that shoulder again.