Page 38 of 111 FirstFirst ... 283132333435363738394041424344454888 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    That's not an automation thing, almost all the world's best centre backs become so through 3, 4 or more years of being at teams that aren't the best sides in their League or other competitions having to do an awful lot of defending an awful lot of very different situations and scenarios, Gomez has never had that, mu suggestion, in the summer of 2020 were that he was sent on loan to try and gain that experience

Automation is established patterns of play built up and refined by the players over a number of ganes and seasons that over that process and period becomes second nature, helps you do what you do best without thinking, you know the runs your team mate will make when he sees the ball being played to you in a certain position and so can easily play the perfect or near perfect pass to find or release them a very high percentage of the time

Theere are numerous layers to it, a lot in a finely tuned side with years of that collective understanding of what each other player can and will do in a certain situation, position or passage of play

The automation we 'used to have' was the best i've ever seen, reaching its height in Fab's absence before being broken down piece by piece by Jurgen over the last 2 and a half seasons beginning with his reintroduction of Fab in 19-20
    Sending a young player out on loan is a good idea, if the manager feels they need more experience. In this case Klopp didn't so that's a difference of opinion between you and Jurgen. I'm interested in the present and the future, so given that Gomez is still here, what specific coaching would you give him to make him a better CB?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Better example video of Trent’s invisible man act..

You can’t allow this level of ineptitude to and lack of application to persist without changing it.

I am Klopp’s biggest fan, but he has dropped a bollock on this. Trent wasn’t always like this, he has been incredible for spells. But even then we have often gotten away with it with our incredible attack… Mané and Mo along with Bobby (& Jota) have masked these deficiencies. They become glaring without that artillery. The new lad Darwin has brought elements of that dynamic back to a degree, but without that prime Bobby and Prime Mo, it’s not easy to replicate.

Either way… Nunez cannot come back quick enough. We are sitting ducks without him
    Everyone including Jurgen is well aware of Trent's defensive frailties, that's the reason we have two absolutely top CBs in Matip and Konate to deal with the situations Trent struggles with, Gomez just crumbles, Jockstrap is asking what kind of coaching i'd suggest, there's nothing I could suggest that would help Gomez, mentally he goes to pieces, that's what he did v Real and there isn't any coaching anyone can do to fix that

In our ranks we have players who make mistakes, we have a number of players suffering in some way or other from Jurgen having broken down far too much of the automation that made us European and Premier League Champions, we know this, but in Gomez, Fabinho and Keita we have 3 players who have all on 4 or more occasions had complete meltdowns in games and gone to absolute pieces, players such as that will always be a liability and simply don't have the mentality to play at the very highest levels, karius was the same, we moved him on for that reason, how the other 3 have stayed only Jurgen knows
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

That's not an automation thing, almost all the world's best centre backs become so through 3, 4 or more years of being at teams that aren't the best sides in their League or other competitions having to do an awful lot of defending an awful lot of very different situations and scenarios, Gomez has never had that, mu suggestion, in the summer of 2020 were that he was sent on loan to try and gain that experience

Automation is established patterns of play built up and refined by the players over a number of ganes and seasons that over that process and period becomes second nature, helps you do what you do best without thinking, you know the runs your team mate will make when he sees the ball being played to you in a certain position and so can easily play the perfect or near perfect pass to find or release them a very high percentage of the time

Theere are numerous layers to it, a lot in a finely tuned side with years of that collective understanding of what each other player can and will do in a certain situation, position or passage of play

The automation we 'used to have' was the best i've ever seen, reaching its height in Fab's absence before being broken down piece by piece by Jurgen over the last 2 and a half seasons beginning with his reintroduction of Fab in 19-20
    Aye, we were awful in 19-20.

Time periods of losing the title in 18-19

3rd January to 31 March

P12 W7 D4 L1 F24 A11

Time period for effectively winning it in 19-20

30th Nov 19 - 15th Feb 2020

P12 W12 F28 A4 excluding the Southampton game which Fab played in and we could easily have lost despite the eventual scoreline

Big fucking difference

And let's get this straight too, you lot all know this also, under Shanks, Paisley, Joe or Kenny, if a player picks up a knock, another player comes in, we go on a run of P15 W15 all comps, score more and concede less, there is no fucking way WHATSOEVER, the player who picked up the knock comes back into that side and displaces the player who came in, NONE

You all fucking know that only too well, any of you who claims it isn't so is absolutely full of xxxx and it remains Jurgen's first and biggest major fuck up, that's where he lost me in all truth

Our form after P15 W15 including Champions League and FA Cup

P15 W7 D2 L6 F26 A26

How no-one in any position at the club sees that and doesn't say "Hey Boss, something's gone drastically wrong here" only they know, fucking abysmal and that exactly WHY under Shankly, Paisley, Joe or Kenny no fucking way does Fab waltz back in at No6, all of those 4 are talking in the boot room working our how and why the team was suddenly so much better without him and they're signing another player in the summer to help with that and moving him on, THAT is how you keep evolving and winning

It was the equivalent of if Harry Redknapp had brought Krancjar back in for Bale after what happened there, that is how fucking inept and ridiculous it was

Everyone including Jurgen is well aware of Trent's defensive frailties, that's the reason we have two absolutely top CBs in Matip and Konate to deal with the situations Trent struggles with, Gomez just crumbles, Jockstrap is asking what kind of coaching i'd suggest, there's nothing I could suggest that would help Gomez, mentally he goes to pieces, that's what he did v Real and there isn't any coaching anyone can do to fix that

In our ranks we have players who make mistakes, we have a number of players suffering in some way or other from Jurgen having broken down far too much of the automation that made us European and Premier League Champions, we know this, but in Gomez, Fabinho and Keita we have 3 players who have all on 4 or more occasions had complete meltdowns in games and gone to absolute pieces, players such as that will always be a liability and simply don't have the mentality to play at the very highest levels, karius was the same, we moved him on for that reason, how the other 3 have stayed only Jurgen knows
    Wasn't your original complaint that Klopp didn't do enough coaching of players coming into the team? How does your solution of doing zero coaching improve on that?

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Wasn't your original complaint that Klopp didn't do enough coaching of players coming into the team? How does your solution of doing zero coaching improve on that?
    If he can coach players to be brave enough, watch videos of how our best players do what we need him to do and to not have absolute melt downs after making a mistake, then he should try to do so, it's a bit of a stretch mind, some players are just shitters who were mistakes and will never be good enough

If he can coach players to be brave enough, watch videos of how our best players do what we need him to do and to not have absolute melt downs after making a mistake, then he should try to do so, it's a bit of a stretch mind, some players are just shitters who were mistakes and will never be good enough
    Is that what you would do?

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Is that what you would do?
    I'd have loaned Gomez out in 2020 and 2021 if necessary, and said so at the time and i would have bitten Stevie's hand off when he tried to do everyone at Liverpool a favour by buying him for 30m in the summer just gone too

There were targets we had who had the necessary skill sets

Any word on Darwins fitness? Seems to be essential to us having any attacking threat at all.

He has no structual damage according to Jurgen, means it is almost certainly a 'pinch' as a professional athlete with the best possible help and assistance available to him, Darwin should be absolutely fine in a short time and able to play with pain killers if necessary, us mere mortals aren't so fortunate with 'pinches' I pinched my shoulder stopping a children's roundabout on our park for my 5 year old nephew 2 years ago, it still isn't right