Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

I care less with each passing week.

The money has ceased to be anything so trivial as obscene

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyliver View Post
    I think Sid the frustration with supporters lies with the fact that as amazing as it has been with Klopp it could have been a really trophy laden period , a real golden era , we had to wait 30 years for our title and if Klopp was backed financially we could have made it a few on the bounce. The stadium and what looks like a shrewd investment in youth a more big plus points , but a Klopp is a generational manager , it would of been good to see what Liverpool could of done if he was backed seriously every season
    I get all that - I do - but I was responding to someone saying that they dread to think where we'll be post-Klopp.

In terms of the starting XI, the squad and the stadium, we will be in a better position than when he started.

We may not throw around the sort of money of some of our rivals, but the next Manager we get will have a really excellent opportunity to work with.

I'm just hoping I still have an interest at that stage as my enthusiasm for the game due to what is going on at large is definitely being chipped at. I also know a lot of people who would have been glued to Golf tournaments that have lost interest and lads who never talk about the Heavyweight boxing anymore.

A replacement for Mo? hahahaha

Liverpool are lining up Atletico Madrid's Portugal forward Joao Felix, 23, as a potential replacement for Salah. (Football Transfers)
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    A replacement for Mo? hahahaha

Liverpool are lining up Atletico Madrid's Portugal forward Joao Felix, 23, as a potential replacement for Salah. (Football Transfers)
    That'll be more like a replacement for Elliot
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The problem most have is, they bought the club for something like 300 million. It's now worth anything from 4 to 5 billion apparently. They've invested heavily on the ground but no doubt took out loans against the value of the club. We're selling off players to bring players in, instead of bulking up the squad. We've the smallest squad in the league which as we'll find this weekend with a centrehalf injured isn't the best to have going into a long season.
    We need players added to the squad or we'll be fucked come next March.
    We’ll see. I’m optimistic for the season and don’t understand the need for all the doom and gloom. But then, I’m happy to enjoy the Klopp years.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Best to do as miller says. Ignore the shill
    Yep best for you and he to do that. You’re not capable of having a grown up debate on football.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I get all that - I do - but I was responding to someone saying that they dread to think where we'll be post-Klopp.

In terms of the starting XI, the squad and the stadium, we will be in a better position than when he started.

We may not throw around the sort of money of some of our rivals, but the next Manager we get will have a really excellent opportunity to work with.

I'm just hoping I still have an interest at that stage as my enthusiasm for the game due to what is going on at large is definitely being chipped at. I also know a lot of people who would have been glued to Golf tournaments that have lost interest and lads who never talk about the Heavyweight boxing anymore.
    Listen to Klopp on the matter. Premier League clubs have been doing exactly the same thing for decades. Now it’s happening to them. Ultimately who cares. You either support LFC or you don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I care less with each passing week.

The money has ceased to be anything so trivial as obscene
    Agree, it's crazy. FFP my arse.
    Uniturd, Jizzfest and RentBoys all spending zillions and getting away with it.
    The toon will be next, Mark my words!

NBC sports TV saying that the game against Newcastle will be Mo Salah's last for Liverpool. Ok maybe hyperbole, and their source is a Saudi source, but they seem to be confident about it.
    From a Liverpool point of view maybe its better for him to go now so we have a week to get a replacement deal done rather than wait until our transfer window closes and the saudi one is still open.
    I would be pretty shocked if Mo left us like that, knowing it left us short with not many options.
    Last edited by faridtoxteth; 27th August 2023 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    NBC sports TV saying that the game against Newcastle will be Mo Salah's last for Liverpool. Ok maybe hyperbole, and their source is a Saudi source, but they seem to be confident about it.
    rom a Liverpool point of view maybe its better for him to go now so we have a week to get a replacement deal done rather than wait until our transfer window closes and the saudi one is still open.
    I would be pretty shocked if Mo left us like that, knowing it left us short with not many options.
    NBC also interviewed that guy David Ornstein and he said reports are false, from his information. Liverpool don't want to sell and as far as his information goes, salah wants to stay.

He then says, but you can never say never in this industry.