Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Spurs v Liverpool

What a performance by our boys today, so proud and even more convinced about this squad….

With regards the poor officiating we received today, its no surprise anymore and to be expected these days… its just comedy gold.

The Diaz goal given offside is just embarrassing, the Jones reviewed red card is very harsh, Jota’s first yellow is a bloody joke and the second yellow is soft too, especially given that later in the match he allowed Bissouma to blatantly shove his hand hard into Endo’s face, without any punishment whatsoever…

Do we all remember the Harry Kane reckless two footed challenge on Robertson that wasn't referred to VAR and yet Jones genuine attempt to win the ball in todays match was… hmmmm

The fact that the VAR official at todays match , made a similar error against Arsenal last season makes you start to wonder…

Tbh, I am amazed Klopp kept his cool in the post match interview, I was genuinely expecting him to just blow his top and then go on to list all of his grievances and then tell the PGMOL to just fuck off and fine me what you like….

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    What a performance by our boys today, so proud and even more convinced about this squad….

With regards the poor officiating we received today, its no surprise anymore and to be expected these days… its just comedy gold.

The Diaz goal given offside is just embarrassing, the Jones reviewed red card is very harsh, Jota’s first yellow is a bloody joke and the second yellow is soft too, especially given that later in the match he allowed Bissouma to blatantly shove his hand hard into Endo’s face, without any punishment whatsoever…

Do we all remember the Harry Kane reckless two footed challenge on Robertson that wasn't referred to VAR and yet Jones genuine attempt to win the ball in todays match was… hmmmm

The fact that the VAR official at todays match , made a similar error against Arsenal last season makes you start to wonder…

Tbh, I am amazed Klopp kept his cool in the post match interview, I was genuinely expecting him to just blow his top and then go on to list all of his grievances and then tell the PGMOL to just fuck off and fine me what you like….
    Wish Klopp had gone to war over it, needs to be applying massive pressure on these, to be kind, at best incompetent cunts.

Shoulda balled out dodgy decisions in the past and the impacts of losing leagues to city by the finest of margins whilst they are a "bunch of cheating shithouses" who've infected the institutions.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Dale Johnson ESPN

Ok, here's the nuts and bolts.

This is what happened with the Luis Diaz "goal" which Liverpool had disallowed vs. Tottenham.

There will be a deeper dive in the Monday VAR thread, but in simple terms the VAR took the wrong onfield decision - it led to the goal being disallowed.

So the VAR, Darren England, checked offside thinking the onfield decision was "goal."

It was a quick offside check because it was clear Diaz was onside, so he told the referee "check complete".

In telling the ref "check complete" he is saying the onfield decision was correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    cont….

So the "human error" by the VAR team is getting the onfield decision wrong. Not by failing to draw lines etc.

The lines were drawn and Diaz was clearly onside.

The huge, quite unbelievable error was misunderstanding the onfield decision.
    And when there was no kick-off on the halfway line following the goal standing as per the VAR check, they were incapable of reaching the onfield officials because.....

I think Klopp’s exhausted by it all. He knows full well that nothing will be done, and anything he says will only get us into further trouble. I hope we appeal the Jones red card, but I sense we’re accepting it.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I think Klopp’s exhausted by it all. He knows full well that nothing will be done, and anything he says will only get us into further trouble. I hope we appeal the Jones red card, but I sense we’re accepting it.
    Agree, I think when he does eventually leave Klopp will miss Liverpool but not miss this shambles of a league office and it’s refs.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I don't think it would be overturned. It's harsh yes but any player showing studs now regardless of intent or not is getting a red card.
    Opposition fans can laugh about our conspiracy theories all day but we've been done over by VAR a lot more than we've gained from it. Or it certainly seems that way.
    I'm absolutely perplexed as to how they've either fucked it up completely by misunderstanding what the onfield decision was or wether they've looked at it and thought "offside". Surely not the latter? If it is they need removing.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Just add a bit more fuel to a conspiracy fire, Darren England was also the VAR ref last season against Arsenal. When he was "unable" to check if their 1st goal was offside. The 1st min goal by martinelli where I think it was saka looked offside in the build up. Same VAR ref twice not checking properly.
    Hey well, now doesn't that surprise me, jesus they can't make it more obvious can they?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I don't think it would be overturned. It's harsh yes but any player showing studs now regardless of intent or not is getting a red card.
    Opposition fans can laugh about our conspiracy theories all day but we've been done over by VAR a lot more than we've gained from it. Or it certainly seems that way.
    I'm absolutely perplexed as to how they've either fucked it up completely by misunderstanding what the onfield decision was or wether they've looked at it and thought "offside". Surely not the latter? If it is they need removing.
    I doubt too many oppo fans can laugh at it now. We have been at or close to the bottom of the shyte decision table for a good few seasons now. That shitshow yesterday was witnessed by many millions.

As Southern says - Klopp just exhausted with it all. What a disgrace.

We have some mentality though. 9 men to play like that… Sickening to lose those points but we have won many more admirers this weekend.

The ripples of this shitshow have reverberated around the world....

Would have beat these cunts too, and a massive win considering the other results......... what a shitter.

We'll have to batter them at home

first yellow was insane for Jota..... but 2nd was stupid he knew he was on a yellow rightly or wrongly

Nothing more could go wrong yesterday could it? Sums it up 96th min own goal to lose it after a huge effort.... with 9
    Last edited by Kev0909; 1st October 2023 at 10:54 AM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.