Page 268 of 431 FirstFirst ... 168218258261262263264265266267268269270271272273274275278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 4302

Thread: Other games

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    It's one of the games where Arsenal may drop points. Brighton have only lost once at home all season
    Hopefully, a 5.30pm kick off Saturday evening. The home fans should be up for it down on the South coast...

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    How the hell did this shower of shite manage to eke out that win over us in the FA Cup?

My big worry now is they go into the game worried about a potential thrashing and will go into turtle mode and try to grind out a draw and prevent a loss at all costs.

Low block teams are still one of our bigger achilles heels.
    We didn't kill that game off by going an extra goal up when we had a 5-on-2, made errors to allow them to score and were absolutely gassed by the time extra-time came. It isn't sour grapes to say we lost that game ourselves rather than them winning it.

As to the weekend, I'm interested to see how they set up. They won that fixture against us whilst being quite open so they may chance that again. Low block and counter would work well against us and despite us being a better side, they're stylistically the sort of side we can struggle against if they break at pace through the half-spaces.

Don't think we can afford a sloppy start against them as we can't give them a lead to sit on. They've dropped points in two games recently now at the death so they may wobble in the later stages, whilst we have been getting more goals in the last 15 minutes than most due to Klopp's intelligent use of the 5 subs.

Expecting a nail-biter. Would be so nice if we had a comfortable match instead.

Just want Sunday out of the way.

Surely we can beat such a poor, mentally fragile side once out of three games in a season

Surely.

You’d like to think so, but nothing is a given in this game. We have struggled against all of our rivals this season. Villa the only side we’ve beaten and it’s April.

Won’t be easy - they will be desperate to pop our balloon and ruin it for Klopp - plus - that last gasp punch in the balls in West London could have an adverse effect. Beware the wounded animal.

we have been robbed against our rivals. both home fixtures we were DENIED clear penalties.
    I don't see how we play poorly again against them. we have so much firepower and they have no defenders left by the looks of it. will take a mighty effort from them lot to stop us scoring
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

We were fortunate not to be further behind v Arsenal. They were the better side imo. City should have been out of sight first half too. Swings and roundabouts. Decisions went against us yes BUT we rode our luck in open play both games

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Just want Sunday out of the way.

Surely we can beat such a poor, mentally fragile side once out of three games in a season

Surely.
    I'm not confident at all.
    Saying that I wasn't confident last season going into Anfield. A couple of hours later we'd whollopped them 7-0.
    I hate this game more than any other.

8 games left. If we start most of those games like we have recently there's a very good chance we'll get caught out. We won't and can't keep getting away with it.
    We had a spell before the City game where we seemed to have snapped out of it but it crept back.
    Not sure if last night was a lacklustre almost lazy second gear performance or a tired one. There were so many short passes,not precise enough and some players just taking in one man too many instead of releasing the ball earlier. That said we got away with it again.
    I'm not confident or looking forward to Sunday, I'm personally not expecting them to be as bad as they have been the last two games.
    It's pessimistic but I see us as the most likely to blink first out of the three and the first to blink is likely out of it I think.

If we can't beat them at a 3rd attempt - we don't deserve a title.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We ran out of steam & subs who were even fresh & rested in the last 15 of ET
    Yes, us going with a strong line up against Sparta the Thursday night before when we didn't need to played a part. Thankful they played Chelsea last night before this Sunday. Such a psychological roller coaster that game that it will have taken a lot out of them.
    We need to capitalise on that and get under their skins early in the game.