Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Man Utd v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    We should have buried more today. But the defence caused us to lose 2 goals. They are fault more than our forwards. Error from Quansah and Jones didnt get close enough for the second.. to lax. Man-united player would have been up our players backside.
    In fairness to Jones it's a pearler of a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    In fairness to Jones it's a pearler of a goal.
    It was Quansah backing off waiting for a midfielder to come & do his defending for him

He’s started doing that instead of front foot defending his last 3 games & it’s been causing issues, maybe it’s nerves as it’s his first run in, he needs to stop doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It was Quansah backing off waiting for a midfielder to come & do his defending for him

He’s started doing that instead of front foot defending his last 3 games & it’s been causing issues, maybe it’s nerves as it’s his first run in, he needs to stop doing it
    He's only a kid, still learning his trade. He got caught out with that pass today and it's been unlucky that it was him as it's been coming for a while for one of them.

But Sid being neurodivergent we know such insults are true of the neurotypicals so find them amusing & laughable rather than insulting

It’s like Israel trying to accuse anyone else of being discriminatory
    Normally I laugh stuff off, but there's been a few little snide ones with CCTV including a chat where hobbies and business where discussed and him saying about being able to figure out where I lived etc - and with him there's never a sense of it being in good, banterous spirit.

Perhaps I am over-sensitive. I never use the ignore function permanently (4th time in 15 years I think) but I'll not be listening to any more of that shite this evening, nor in the coming days.

He's only a kid, still learning his trade.
    Speaking of which, Kelleher is 25 and experienced.

I can't quite figure out why he was willing to take a red card when we only had a 1-0 lead, which is what he would have got if he gets fingers on that Fernandes chance and enough on the ball to take it wide.

Had we been down to 10 we could very well have lost the game, which would have left us level with Man City and a point behind Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Speaking of which, Kelleher is 25 and experienced.

I can't quite figure out why he was willing to take a red card when we only had a 1-0 lead, which is what he would have got if he gets fingers on that Fernandes chance and enough on the ball to take it wide.

Had we been down to 10 we could very well have lost the game, which would have left us level with Man City and a point behind Arsenal.
    Yeah strange one. Maybe just instinct?
    He's played more games than Ali now this season.

Yeah strange one. Maybe just instinct?
    He's played more games than Ali now this season.
    The thought of being down to Adrian or Mrozek for the Crystal Palace game (I assume Kelleher would get a one-match ban for the red - not sure) and potentially losing and being worse-off on goal difference, versus how the game played out.....it definitely could have been worse.

Not going to put the boot in as he has largely been excellent, but that was a wild thing to do.

He's only a kid, still learning his trade. He got caught out with that pass today and it's been unlucky that it was him as it's been coming for a while for one of them.
    I think he’s a cracking young player but the pressure is maybe beginning to tell he only started dropping g off instead of playing front foot the last 3 games

It’s let players Konate would dispossess around half way run unchecked right to the edge of our area & midfield runners run off the back of our mids who expect our defenders to win it or engage that player & hold them up or put the ball out

Jurgen said when asked post match that Utd will 100% lose to Arsenal if they play like today.
    Good to see the boss secretly throwing a grenade like that🤣

I think he’s a cracking young player but the pressure is maybe beginning to tell he only started dropping g off instead of playing front foot the last 3 games

It’s let players Konate would dispossess around half way run unchecked right to the edge of our area & midfield runners run off the back of our mids who expect our defenders to win it or engage that player & hold them up or put the ball out
    Maybe the pressure is getting to him. He could have played a very simple ball forward to Mo instead of turning back inside and playing a blind pass.

If I'm a centre forward and he is playing, I'm hanging on the last line waiting for another one those.

But, he has been brilliant overall thus season. A surprise find and had established himself as a very viable option at CB.