Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1821222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Atalanta

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    so he saved some shots. he let in TWO howlers. This isnt just tonight. its his standard over all,. hes not good enough to take over Alisson..hes gonna always have errors in him.,. so much so. hes gonna cost us more than he saves us.
    Tonight saved 2 certs at fault for 2 perhaps.
    But why criticise him … our strikers were abysmal, as were our defence and midfield.
    Has Caomhin been shagging a family member 🤭?

Has for being disappointed. he can go and be disappointed some place else if he carries on looking hes has gonna make errors , which he always will. nothing to chose between him and Adrian, Adrian is slightly worse but is always prone to errors as well. Kelleher is not a back up keeper.. (from my point of view)
    Allisson makes mistakes too.
    Stop acting like he doesn't.
    In fact, some of his are way more egregious and glaring than anything Kelleher has done.

We didn't lose this game because of Kelleher.

He's arguably solely or primary responsible for one glaring goal we let in.
    We lost the game 3-0 with only 4 shots on target.

Does he get the blame for those 2 other goals and our ineffectiveness in front of the opposition goal?
    Does he get the blame for the misplaced passes in midfield leading to the goals or the defensive lapses in not covering opposition players or keeping offside players on?

Because some of those are the bigger and real reasons we lost this game.

In any game or number of games you factor into it that your goalie is likely going to make a mistake or two or let in a goal that they should have saved. And a good team has enough in it to overcome those lapses because even outfield players have mistakes in them.
    If we are so poor as a team that a Kelleher mistake is enough to cost us any chance at all of winning the game outright on our strengths and merits, then it's probably best to tear it all down and start again from scratch, because really the goalkeeper isn't the problem in that situation.

Since he took over after Allisson went out with his injury, Kelleher has an enviable record between the sticks not just for a number 2 keeper standing in, but for any goalkeeper in the league in that period, possibly not named Raya (And even in his situation it's more down to Saliba and Gabriel than to him).

Let's just admit that this is all about your own personal dislike for him, than it has anything to do with any actual flaws or shortcomings of his as a goalkeeper.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

20 million and hes theres.
    Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    So who's the backup keeper you're bringing in who's an improvement?
    This I'd like to know too.

Kelleher gets into most team's starting lineups in the premier league, and he knows this for a fact.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    Tonight saved 2 certs at fault for 2 perhaps.
    But why criticise him … our strikers were abysmal, as were our defence and midfield.
    Has Caomhin been shagging a family member 🤭?
    Kelleher made 3 great saves and dropped two uncharacteristic clangers - It wasn’t his fault we lost keepers make errors now & again & often get blamed when if the forwards & other players had done their jobs at the other end it wouldn’t have mattered

They DO need to work with Kelleher on his parrying because two of the soft goals in the last four games have come from him parrying a shot straight out into our six yard box

He obviously needs to work in pushing those well wide towards the corner flag out of danger with his parrying

Kelleher is an outstanding keeper

now we are comparing Alisson to Keheller? Alisson makes mistakes. his kicking is terrible. but he saves shots.. theres no way he would let in the first goal. The first goal will be a common thing with Kelleher.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    This I'd like to know too.

Kelleher gets into most team's starting lineups in the premier league, and he knows this for a fact.
    Id be happy to sell him to a team in the premier league as their first choice. just shoot at him and he will handle like a hes forgot to put on oven gloves when hes taking a tray of hot buns out off the oven

20 million and hes theres.
    Id be happy to sell him to a team in the premier league as their first choice. just shoot at him and he will handle like a hes forgot to put on oven gloves when hes taking a tray of hot buns out off the oven
    You're still not answering the question.

Who would you get instead of Kelleher, who's supposedly better than him but is currently not a starter for their team?
    Stone-Cold Savage!

thats the question. its not up to me make that decision. I think most deep down know Keheller is not a number 1 keeper..
    Its up to the club to get in an understudy that is pretty much the same quality has the first choice.. Obviously thats not easy. because all keepers wanna start. but some compromise needs to happen. I don't want Keheller being our number 1 keeper permanently.

“Fuck it man, let’s get a lane”

Just work in the limited time we have on finishing off moves & communicating with each other where they want the ball & when

Make sure we pick our best 11 & make sure we play with tempo & intensity, mix it up, coordinate our movement & communicate better visually & verbally & use our switches more also

And don’t let Szobo anywhere near the set pieces Robbo, Mac & Trent who almost always deliver top quality only. it matters, ppl have to believe there’s a great chance we’re going to score from every set piece including the opposition, it creates greater pressure