Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2427282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Crystal Palace

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    You have to look at his tactics though, the inside left and right side attacks. have made us very narrow. and hes never really bought an out and out wide player. we were calling out for someone to get around the back of the fullback. we don't play like that, and everything is so condensed in the middle.
    Agree. Don't know who put in his head that we have to control the football game. We went from helter skelter to tiki taka. Trent was such a weapon from the byline but now it is so congested with that fullback in the middle and so susceptible to the ball over the top. Also for the way we are playing now our centre back as the ball too much, through Macalister has the game I still feel you need to adjust and have a 8 that makes 3rd man run or have a 10 that goes beyond the 9. But if Trent or RB hugs the touchline you shift the defence right to left tiring them but also stretching them and negating the counter and they are not as close to each other when attacking but if you narrow the pitch you actually help them to transition. Klopp I don't know didn't watch at Dortmund but for his time here he changed his heavy metal football and also not having a DM or the engines of Gab, Gini and Hendo has maybe not helped. Those 3 made us no one can convince me otherwise. They didn't score many goals but they ate up ground. They could press incessantly

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    Its very hard to understand how Nunez, Jota, Salah and Jones missed those gilt edged chances, If Palace had those chances against us, you can guarantee they would have scored probably 3 of the 4 chances.

Shocking misses tbf, but tbh defensively we are so easy to score against, opposing teams can just stroll past every defender and challenge, and just end up in our box unchallenged…we have been completely bullied all over the pitch today, again.

On good chances created, we could have won 4-2, but hey ho it is what its… we have just been found wanting..when it matters most…
    Today we didn't score but we have a team that can't win 1-0. The midfield is to slow and small. Szoboslai who I feel is the most modern midfielder we have as he is quick and strong (not performing but I mean physically). I think Klopp missed a trick, Football these days you have to have more mobile athletic specimens (Yaya Toure type) Madrid have Camavinga and Tchoumeni, Bellingham also looks very athletic. City have Rodri. Arsenal have Rice. We need someone like that a mobile unit that can cover ground quickly and can read the game also doesn't get bullied of the ball. Endo is not that guy. Endo and Macalister would actually look good alongside a player like that, Endo is like a slow less effective Wijnaldum. He is not a 6 bit can be part of a double 6 with a cleaner next to him as he bites away.

Like i said earlier. palace came to stop us. they focussed on us.. they got Olise ready just for our game. teams do this against us. from the first minute we were pressed and they never let up. because its so easy to press a ball when your 10 players are basically having to run 40 yards in all directions in your own half. they just waited for the right time and ran through us on the counter.
    I know teams force us to go forward because they sit deeper. but we needed to be more patient and draw them out more.
    Palace knew exactly how we would play. and stifled us. Obviously we missed loads of chances. but thats nothing new.
    I would like us to concentrate on getting a goal on the end of play. rather than trying to score 8 goals in 5 minutes. a bit of care and consideration.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Hopefully in time with the likes of Danns we will be able to play the ball down the sides of defenders into the box for him. we play helter skelter and our forwards are not clever enough or controlled enough to score. The example was Jones all he had to do was place the ball to side of the keeper. but all he did was try to blast it into the net and it went wide (this is after he comes out and say hes gonna try and do is best to help the team win) shut the fuck up. you cost us a point and that maybe vital .. Nunez is the same.. hes always going to hit the keeper with a shot..Maybe in Portugal the keepers were so damn crap they missed them

Anyhow, any player that is not happy at the club and thinks they can do better elsewhere. just fking go and don't comeback.
    We are too soft at times. you could tell we were nervous with Kavanagh in charge. SO what?? if he books you for nothing Thats on him not you..
    It started early on in the season when they refs started giving fouls against Macca because they knew it would effect us and his game. they are deceitful. Rodri as been getting away with murder for years. Same when Rooney played he got a way with all kinds of shit..

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Like i said earlier. palace came to stop us. they focussed on us.. they got Olise ready just for our game. teams do this against us. from the first minute we were pressed and they never let up. because its so easy to press a ball when your 10 players are basically having to run 40 yards in all directions in your own half. they just waited for the right time and ran through us on the counter.
    I know teams force us to go forward because they sit deeper. but we needed to be more patient and draw them out more.
    Palace knew exactly how we would play. and stifled us. Obviously we missed loads of chances. but thats nothing new.
    I would like us to concentrate on getting a goal on the end of play. rather than trying to score 8 goals in 5 minutes. a bit of care and consideration.
    To be fair to Palace they played well. We gave them far too much in the opening 25 minutes especially on our right side.
    They played well but in truth they didn't have to play that well due to how sleepy and sloppy we were.

My point re our style of play & clear patterns of play is as follows

As we used to play we were hugely successful & Mane & Mo were both prolific & regularly finished moves off with the right ball to the right run or creating it for themselves

They almost always did all this from the same areas of the pitch, knowing where the goal & defenders were creating trademark finishes in those positions, Mane creating a few

This allowed them to develop great understanding of each others movement & better at playing the right ball to connect their runs & better runs to receive the ball in better positions where Mane or Mo in particular could go near post or far post finish from the position they received it in relation to the goal & keepers position

As we play currently none of our forwards have that to help them with any of it and so frequently make the wrong run including going too early, the wrong pass or the wrong or a poor finish through not knowing where the goal keeper & defenders are or the ball being behind them too far in front underhit over hit, it’s all desperately random, were Diaz or Nunez playing the LFWD position on the shoulder making runs in behind & regularly receiving the ball in the same positions from the same runs, we’d find them in them more often & they’d develop 2 or 3 finishes from those positions

We get better at all things through practicing the same things over & over & as we have been playing in the last few it’s very telling we haven’t been doing that

Hard to know where to start after that. After Thursday, I genuinely expected a positive outcome against Palace. I’m just dumbfounded by what I saw. We played with the urgency and desire of a team finishing comfortably mid table. We’re not beating Spurs and Everton if we carry on like this.

When Jurgen announced he was leaving, I got some criticism on here for being a bit pessimistic about next season. I was basically told that we have an amazing squad, and there was nothing to worry about.

I’m even more convinced that there’s a good chance we won’t get top four no matter who comes in.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Today we didn't score but we have a team that can't win 1-0. The midfield is to slow and small. Szoboslai who I feel is the most modern midfielder we have as he is quick and strong (not performing but I mean physically). I think Klopp missed a trick, Football these days you have to have more mobile athletic specimens (Yaya Toure type) Madrid have Camavinga and Tchoumeni, Bellingham also looks very athletic. City have Rodri. Arsenal have Rice. We need someone like that a mobile unit that can cover ground quickly and can read the game also doesn't get bullied of the ball. Endo is not that guy. Endo and Macalister would actually look good alongside a player like that, Endo is like a slow less effective Wijnaldum. He is not a 6 bit can be part of a double 6 with a cleaner next to him as he bites away.
    Fabinho was that player.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.