Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Looks like Arne Slot's right in..

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Jurgen is saying he wished he'd started Elliot more. I hope Slot doesn't listen to this and feels inclined to play Elliot more..
    One outstanding goal does not make a season. There shouldn't be favouritism. should play what you think is the best 11 front the start to win a certain match.
    There's probably a stat for it...but in my head he always made the difference when we were behind and he came on as a sub.....he's my Henderson.......

yeah he and Gakpo have been great coming on. not a starter for me though
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

In a side featuring our lethal front trio - that was later supplemented with Jota - and Elliott looks twice the player.. But I agree - squad level so far - no more.

Gakpo looks like a really nice fella, is almost the antithesis of Nunez - where one has no composure and rushes in on everything Gakpo looks like he has spent the morning at an Amsterdam cafe enjoying a pipe and a pancake..

Feels like someone needs to turn up the voltage setting. Has the tools just needs them switched on

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Jurgen is saying he wished he'd started Elliot more. I hope Slot doesn't listen to this and feels inclined to play Elliot more..
    One outstanding goal does not make a season. There shouldn't be favouritism. should play what you think is the best 11 front the start to win a certain match.
    Just goes to show that not every manager is perfect and they all have their favorites for some reason, as Elliot is absolute shite and shouldn't be anywhere near a Liverpool midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    In a side featuring our lethal front trio - that was later supplemented with Jota - and Elliott looks twice the player.. But I agree - squad level so far - no more.

Gakpo looks like a really nice fella, is almost the antithesis of Nunez - where one has no composure and rushes in on everything Gakpo looks like he has spent the morning at an Amsterdam cafe enjoying a pipe and a pancake..

Feels like someone needs to turn up the voltage setting. Has the tools just needs them switched on
    We’ve lost the wow factor from our forward line, it is a shadow of its former self without prime Mane & Mo at LFWD & RFWD we need that electric pace power & skill of players that are a relentless persistent threat back in our front line

I’d be looking for TWO wide forwards this window hopefully Williams & the lad from the Belgium league, a bit of flair & creativity we miss from Bobby’s departure coming with the pair of them also

We used the switches really well v Spurs & it paid dividends even with our slower forwards, part of 18-22 & having Mo & Mane up top was that teams doubled up on both players, so if we worked it to one side condensing the play in that area & thrn switch it to the other, we he Mane or Mo in lots of time & space with the run on their defence moved out of its shape

Well let’s enjoy Sunday & trust that Slot will get a few key signings the team needs & will get the press & counter press nailed down, which I expect he will

It’s just so important, it’s the necessary first thing that needs to be instilled in all the players as it means they’re regularly well placed to join & initiate attacks & also in great counter pressing positions to quickly win it back and/or stopping teams playing out easy & transitioning when the attack hasn’t developed requiring them to be involved in it

It makes you better equipped for man marking tactics like Atalanta’s too, because you’re used to having a player & making runs off him when it’s on for you to be played in

He’s got a hell of a job to do, right now we appear to have a number of expensive flops on pretty high wages

If he can get Darwin to stay onside.. that would be a start.but i guess no one can work miracles
    Last edited by justme; 14th May 2024 at 12:29 AM.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    He’s got a hell of a job to do, right now we appear to have a number of expensive flops on pretty high wages
    I don’t think so, we were excellent in quite a number of games this season, too many injuries cost us the continuity we needed to continue & further develop that & it all got a bit scatter gun lots of changes to try & get players returning from injury minutes & gives rest to those who had been fit & overused

Tiredness physically & mentally or not being up to speed, with a ridiculous schedule that didn’t allow any time to reset & reorganise the players as was really needed

Robbo was a big miss tonight & given the time to do the above it makes tonight’s performance & result even worse - I thought we were excellent v Spurs until the subs & that time to prepare had made the difference

Could also be a case as a couple suggested of players just going into self protection mode a bit with international tournaments this summer now the title has gone

Injuries really didn’t help us at all this season & the ones caused by shithouse officiating, letting a bad one go without a yellow or red & not even giving a free too many times, we saw Jones & Jota injured v Brentford through this & then Gravenberch v Chelsea oh and the fkn Konate one v Sheff UTD was it? When their lad lunged in and got him on his knee and Mac’s had 3 or 4 on the ankle that should have been reds

I loathe them for their assault on us this season, it’s gone beyond anything I’d ever imagined including endangering player safety