Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Aston Villa v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    We don't look too clever.
    Fixed

Szobozlai looks like his head is gone hes trying to mind himself for the euros there was chances for him to make some bursting runs against a tired back like and he took a backward pass....first few months of the season he was making those direct runs

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    New man’s got quite a job on next season. 41 goals conceded is not only about poor defenders it’s also about the midfield never controlling games.

Even at 4-0 up at home to Spurs, we still didn’t control the game.

Worrying
    Yes agreed. Midfield needs sorting. New tactics could also help with that.

But the defending is a worry for me. We are way too lax, all across the back line. Virgil is a year older also and it is showing the last few weeks.

These four subs at once moments scream we don’t care really how this game goes. This whole squad and Klopp have been on holiday for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    These four subs at once moments scream we don’t care really how this game goes. This whole squad and Klopp have been on holiday for a while now.
    That's how it seemed to me. It's a procession to the end. Give everyone a run out.

I think Konate is being minded for the euros. He was injured a few weeks back, came back and was poor and got another slight knock. I reckon he is sitting it out for the summer since we have nothing left to play for. He might make an appearance on the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bredred View Post
    We easily cruised through this game, we didn't even need to exert ourselves, Villa were diabolical in attack.
    I don't think anyone had a sweat on, casual movement and poor passes, one of the easiest away games of the season.
    Just how we got a point was just amazing luck.
    Villa deserved all 3 points and they were really poor.
    We’ve done that in loads of games this season and been found wanting when the opposition raises the intensity for a spell. We look to be trying to play within ourselves all the time in an effort to control games. Unfortunately you don’t control a game by playing within yourself. You control it by being absolutely razor sharp in all the simple things. Something we simply a haven’t been able to master under klopp imo. .

Mac’s isn’t a dm and tonight it showed. Should be higher up the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    That's how it seemed to me. It's a procession to the end. Give everyone a run out.

I think Konate is being minded for the euros. He was injured a few weeks back, came back and was poor and got another slight knock. I reckon he is sitting it out for the summer since we have nothing left to play for. He might make an appearance on the last day.
    Yes, makes it seem like a friendly and kills any chemistry on the field.

I think these lads better be ready for some drills, a big part of our issue is we have a few too many who have never played the press & counter press we employ, other than in this season and when it’s poor we struggle we have too many players looking to be in space & not enough in good counter pressing positions far too often and I’ve been complaining about that all season

If you get that balance wrong when you lose it you’re easy to play through

keep pressing all the time, theres no need too, we allow to much space.. easily drop off at 3-1 and just get bodies behind the ball.not the way we play though.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century