Page 417 of 431 FirstFirst ... 317367407410411412413414415416417418419420421422423424427 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 4302

Thread: Other games

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I'm more surprised you have mates ����
    It's what happens when you go the pub so much you meet people... and the regs!!!!!

Ian you're my best mate though xxoxoxooxo thanks for the private pics the other day X

Oh i guess i have some work mates too but fuck mixing work and social shitt
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I still have 6 mates I met through work thirty odd years ago, we meet up every 6 to 8 weeks, really good mates too.

Most of my mates are through work if I think about it … mates all over the UK too that I stay with on occasion, in Yorkshire, Home Counties and West Country.

Been very very lucky in that way, meeting so many really decent people just by going to work

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I still have 6 mates I met through work thirty odd years ago, we meet up every 6 to 8 weeks, really good mates too.

Most of my mates are through work if I think about it … mates all over the UK too that I stay with on occasion, in Yorkshire, Home Counties and West Country.

Been very very lucky in that way, meeting so many really decent people just by going to work
    That's probably because you've got a good job, most of the people in my place are africans..... or foreigners... i mean not being racist but yeah, I work in a warehoiuse (pets) and at first was great, now they don't employ anyone through the company just agency and fuck knows where they get people from... most of the english people got sacked, for good reasons to be fair.
    #FSGOUT

It's great watching the play off final without VAR. Leeds are very poor.

Hopefully the saints stay in this position cant be doing with playing Leeds next season
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Southampton are promoted to the Premier League, Leeds fluff their lines.. again.

Good job that, I remember being spat on years ago at Elland Road. Horrible bastards.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    ******Disclaimer yes I have utd mates, some are actually really good to talk to, others are saying they're going to win the league next season, not all fans are arseholes, even utds.
    Can relate to this - one of my closest pals was a Man United fan. He took his life during the Pandemic. We could have great chats about football and he respected Liverpool as a club and an entity - we could have back-and-forth banter but always wished each other's clubs well when having our chats purely out of knowing the positive impact a win could have on someone's weekend.

He would have been delighted with seeing Man United win a Cup to break up what has been a largely poor season for them. Whilst I could personally never genuinely root for Man United to do well, I could always take a small amount of pleasure from the bi-product of their wins - a wholesome dude was happier for them and I could live with that.

Was a fan of a Guinness (there's always a tin at his grave right enough) and he is definitely in my thoughts as I sip one tonight.

He'd have been a great "guest from opposition fan group" candidate if we ever do threads of that Nature - you'd always get a reasoned, thought out, non-reactionary assessment from him.

Hope he enjoyed their Cup win, wherever he is. Some things are bigger than the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Can relate to this - one of my closest pals was a Man United fan. He took his life during the Pandemic. We could have great chats about football and he respected Liverpool as a club and an entity - we could have back-and-forth banter but always wished each other's clubs well when having our chats purely out of knowing the positive impact a win could have on someone's weekend.

He would have been delighted with seeing Man United win a Cup to break up what has been a largely poor season for them. Whilst I could personally never genuinely root for Man United to do well, I could always take a small amount of pleasure from the bi-product of their wins - a wholesome dude was happier for them and I could live with that.

Was a fan of a Guinness (there's always a tin at his grave right enough) and he is definitely in my thoughts as I sip one tonight.

He'd have been a great "guest from opposition fan group" candidate if we ever do threads of that Nature - you'd always get a reasoned, thought out, non-reactionary assessment from him.

Hope he enjoyed their Cup win, wherever he is. Some things are bigger than the game.
    Very nicely put. I have one utd fan mate and one city. Both are great, banter yes but no acrimony. True fans a world apart from others I meet from day to day. We have our own knobheads also.

Quote Originally Posted by trueandred View Post
    It's great watching the play off final without VAR. Leeds are very poor.
    The game was terrible, every time i looked at the tv in pub someone was on the floor ffs

when leeds hit the post that was it, game over.

And thanks for sharing that sid, sounds like he was a top bloke
    #FSGOUT