Page 707 of 723 FirstFirst ... 207607657697700701702703704705706707708709710711712713714717 ... LastLast
Results 7,061 to 7,070 of 7226

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I just felt he was leaving a bit in the dressing room near the end of the season. Even Klopp kept him out of the starting 11 and we saw how he behaved.
    Hes world class, but hes still human and he may just take it easy for the last season, knowing hes gonna get 10s of millions in wages. the saudis will pay him the money we were getting for his transfer
    Maybe just maybe he's pissed off we threw everything away

Maybe.

and maybe he's had to play with the worst striker in a good while, that can't hit a barn door when salah sets up him perfectly
    Last edited by Kev0909; 27th May 2024 at 02:18 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I just felt he was leaving a bit in the dressing room near the end of the season. Even Klopp kept him out of the starting 11 and we saw how he behaved.
    Hes world class, but hes still human and he may just take it easy for the last season, knowing hes gonna get 10s of millions in wages. the saudis will pay him the money we were getting for his transfer
    The end of the season was a weird one for all of us. We don't know what was going on.

A clean slate for all the players this summer and we go from there. It's up to Slot now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

Maybe.

and maybe he's had to play with the worst striker in a good while, that can't hit a barn door when salah sets up him perfectly
    Mo was as bad as anyone in that few games the wheels came off, Kelleher was sadly the main culprit in 2 of those games having played really well for several & made saves to keep us in games - Quansah was poor for a few of the goals too, as unpopular as that is, there were 4 or 5 he just let a player run off him & the one he assisted Fernandes for - Elliott’s dreadful error led to their winning goal in the cup

Nunez’s numbers are actually very good, he’s missed some sitters sure, so has Mo, Diaz has been worse than anyone, he’s missed loads of sitters & bungled more chances to put one on a plate than any other player, he should have at least 20 more goal involvements is how bad he’s been yet our fans voted him Player of last month for ‘running around a lot’

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

Maybe.

His body language was poor, thats why he was dropped. Lets hope hes back to his old self in August. otherwise people questioning me now with be hypocritical and question Salah,
    As for Salah setting up chances for him. all i remember Salah doing for the last 6/8 weeks was shooting from anywhere without a care in the world. Everyone knows my opinion on Salah hes the best inside right attacker we've ever had. I just want whats best for the Club
    And our new manager needs everyone pulling in the right direction, be has it may, he will be under pressure from the very first match, or people will write him. thats how it is
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Can’t agree Nunez had good numbers last season m, he scored fewer league goals than Nicolas Jackson and Chris Wood.

With the way we play and the amount of ball they get in and around the area, all 3 front men should be banging in 15+ league goals plus pens and free kicks on top of that. In some ways I think they don't seem arsed to make sure of the final pass or shot as they know another one is coming along inside 3 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Can’t agree Nunez had good numbers last season m, he scored fewer league goals than Nicolas Jackson and Chris Wood.
    Núñez had 11 goals & 8 assists....
    Jackson had 14 goals & 5 assists....
    Wood had 14 goals & 1 assist....

Not much in it really. Although admittedly, Núñez played one game more than Jackson and 5 more than Wood...

But yeah, let's hope Núñez works on his poise & shooting over the summer in anticipation of the new season under The Slotmeister....

Surely having similar numbers to ex Burnley striker Chris Wood, playing for struggling Forest is anywhere near enough for an £85m striker playing for a Liverpool team going for the title?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Not all comps & it has to be all comps, these lads not in lengthy cup runs and European football spend a whole week most weeks training & preparing

Jackson missed LOADS of massive chances in loads of games, & proper massive chances not ones they’ve put as a big chance & you see the other angle of it & see the keeper & defender blocked the route to goal entirely so it wasn’t really a big chance at all

A lot of ppl got on Nunez’s case because those who wanted that were posting inaccurate numbers of big chances missed to have ppl get on his back

The same twats who’ll put that as a big chance missed for a forward in a team they wish to run down, and also won’t credit the players who is supposed to have created it with a big chance created for the same supposed chance

Well, I don’t have an agenda against Nunez at all and do try not to be a twat, so my opinion on him since Christmas in particular when he stopped even having chaos in his armoury, is just not good enough.
    Even Gakpo was more affective in the closing weeks of the season