Page 715 of 726 FirstFirst ... 215615665705708709710711712713714715716717718719720721722725 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,150 of 7251

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Wow - there is that severe lack of aesthetic taste showing itself on both sides of the border.

The Bernebeu makes Anfield look like a temporary shelter. The architecture was always grand but the upgrade by Ribas & Ribas is absolutely stunning.

Don’t age your face prematurely on those sour grapes Sid.

One assumes they are green with envy over our almost complete - half a stadium - 14 years in the making “adaptations”

F$G have gotten away with murder if you ask me. Fulham’s owner has spent £200,000,000 more on that club than these have on the most successful club in the land.

For those of us who struggle to get tickets STILL - that’s a sobering thought

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-b1072212.html

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Wow - there is that severe lack of aesthetic taste showing itself on both sides of the border.

The Bernebeu makes Anfield look like a temporary shelter. The architecture was always grand but the upgrade by Ribas & Ribas is absolutely stunning.

Don’t age your face prematurely on those sour grapes Sid.
    Nout sour about it - taste is subjective and the Bernabeu isn't for me. You don't have to understand that nor will I seek to convert you, in just the same way I always preferred a petite brunette or a Goth to a busty blonde and my mates at the time didn't get that either

If we frame it a different way and someone asked if I can "appreciate" the Bernabeu as a feat of engineering then yeah, sure!

But do I "like" it? Nah - looks like something for getting excess fat off sausages or bacon.

Well Nobody has to like it - that is entirely personal mate. I can't say I think it is a great beauty myself. As you say incredible engineering. I do find it utterly impressive. It's sculptural - it has a definitive look...

...Unlike...this:

[IMG][/IMG]

And for me - as someone who loves this club - I feel the same about Anfield as I do about the City of Liverpool. Saddened at the monumental lack of ambition.

You cannot tell me that the ground we see today - and I am judging AFTER the so called redevelopment - is close to befitting of a club with such an illustrious history - the most successful in the land.

Liverpool and Brazil goalkeeper Alisson, 31, has been identified by the Saudi Pro League as one of their main targets for this summer. (Teamtalk)

Leeds United's Dutch winger Crysencio Summerville has emerged as a £30m transfer target for Liverpool. (Mirror)
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

We've been linked with Summerville a few times. He's looked good when I've seen him but that was in the Championship, big step up to the next level.

Manè to Summerville in two moves.

Jeez what a come down that would be. The lad looks “ok” in the Championship

Smalltown boy

Yep - let’s see the magic Michael Edwards can weave without the Kloppmiester general in situ and runnin the show.

Reality is going to kick in before August I fear.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    We've been linked with Summerville a few times. He's looked good when I've seen him but that was in the Championship, big step up to the next level.
    Andy Robertson was bought from Dundee United by Hull for £2.85m and eventually becomes a Champion's League winner.

Time will reveal if Summerville is a hit, a flop, or if he even joins at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Andy Robertson was bought from Dundee United by Hull for £2.85m and eventually becomes a Champion's League winner.

Time will reveal if Summerville is a hit, a flop, or if he even joins at all.
    Agree Sid. I remember personally being sceptical about Mane and Salah. I was bang on with that scepticism too as they are/were both shite.

Lol n'tha. I'm not writing the Bruh' off at all as the last decade or so has proved that of anyone can pull rabbits out it's LFC. Could well be a good signing of it does happen. I think he plays left side so I'd imagine he'd only be signed if Diaz leaves,he wouldn't be cheap even in the championship.