Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Anyone have idea on the Feyenoord forward we are being linked with? Gertrude or summat like that
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Anyone have idea on the Feyenoord forward we are being linked with? Gertrude or summat like that
    Lutsharel Geertruida I assume will be the player you're thinking of - but he isn't a forward. What makes him alluring for some clubs is he can play in a number of the defensive positions. He has featured as a right-back, a centre-back and as a defensive mid and still only 23 so many years left in the tank for him.

6'1 and decent at attacking set pieces (does get goals this way) as well as being known for positional build-up play and being forward-thinking with passes.

He has been linked with Man City and Arsenal at various points which says a bit about the "mould" of player he is but I'd be fibbing if I said I had watched him loads - Eredivisie games aren't high on my priority list and my nothing-to-do-with-football life is relentless now (mostly in a good way) so I think I'll be taking in less of the sport going forward, though we will see.

argh right, must be mixing him up with someone else
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Just read that Trent is ready to sign a new deal till 2029. Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Just read that Trent is ready to sign a new deal till 2029. Amen to that.
    Good news - couldn't see him going anywhere else though in all honesty. Just don't see any big club outside this nation paying close to what we would demand for him. Superb talent but we don't see enough of it these days sadly. Hopefully he can stand up and lead by example next season

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Good news - couldn't see him going anywhere else though in all honesty. Just don't see any big club outside this nation paying close to what we would demand for him. Superb talent but we don't see enough of it these days sadly. Hopefully he can stand up and lead by example next season
    Agree fully. Never in doubt him signing a new deal. Hopefully a captain at some point but needs to get back to his 2019-22 type levels.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    What…We’ve released the Polish Messi ??
    Yep, the very same. 133 goals in 88 matches

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Yep, the very same. 133 goals in 88 matches
    Just not prolific enough. Dayum...

Few reports saying we've bid 45m euros for Ederson from Atalanta. Nobody who's usually reliable, Jorge Nicola from Brazil. Anyone know of him?