Page 130 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3080120123124125126127128129130131132133 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1322

Thread: Football News

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Oh I took it as that too… As that IS what he is alluding to. And imo that is absolutely crazy - not only is it jingoistic - at best - but it is totally wrong and ignores the reality.

Wouldn’t bat an eyelid were a far richer US Billionaire be in the running. Take a look at the world’s richest list. See who is really benefitting from US hegemony, And BTW which club and owner is far and away spending more than anyone since Roman was removed?

Ah yes.

Sheffield United have a Saudi owner - a member of the house of Saud - do they have a bottomless pit? Do people on this forum actually believe that it is EXCLUSIVELY members of the Gulf states who have the means to spend without it affecting their pocket?

This is the point I am making - most of this forum is just like the wider British public - totally conditioned and deluded.

Simply reacting to the planted fears projected by a media entirely owned by the very people who benefit the most from the current status quo. That status quo DEPENDS on the petrodollar.

This is the real reason WHY gulf states are able to act with impunity inside the theatre of western sport.

Again, you're not even reading the posts ffs! Miller has pointed out what his potential stance was (and is for myself as well). IF the 'even richer US billionaire' pumped the same kind of money into any club then it would still be an issue. The nationality has nothing to do with it.

Nobody has an issue with the Sheff Utd owners bacause they're not sinking 'silly' money into their club.

I cant speak for everyone, but you want to push some sort racist slant on everything when it comes discussing owners/money.

I certainly dont want to be included as such. I've made my points very clear. I do not care one jot where/who the money comes from. It's a simple fact that the money at the top of the game is too much, and it's created a lopsided competition in all the top 5 leagues and Europe.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post

Again, you're not even reading the posts ffs! Miller has pointed out what his potential stance was (and is for myself as well). IF the 'even richer US billionaire' pumped the same kind of money into any club then it would still be an issue. The nationality has nothing to do with it.

Nobody has an issue with the Sheff Utd owners bacause they're not sinking 'silly' money into their club.

I cant speak for everyone, but you want to push some sort racist slant on everything when it comes discussing owners/money.

I certainly dont want to be included as such. I've made my points very clear. I do not care one jot where/who the money comes from. It's a simple fact that the money at the top of the game is too much, and it's created a lopsided competition in all the top 5 leagues and Europe.
    No... And again you are completely BLIND to the issue.

And you are almost ALL of you - displaying precisely what I am accusing you of doing. Being obviously prejudiced by the bollox you are fed through the media which is totally controlled by the owners of global finance.

Blinded by your own conditioning - all you do is react to a fear that you are being accused of racism. It would be funny were it not so sad.

Even within this post - you contradict the argument on more than 1 occasion.

If....we are to believe that "Nobody has an issue with the Sheff Utd owners bacause they're not sinking 'silly' money into their club." .....is true....then how can you even try to argue against what I am saying?

THINK..

Why would anyone be willing to walk away from the sport IF another Saudi - who until proven otherwise - UNLESS we are guilty of prejudging .....as likely to be like the like the Sheff Utd owner as they are the owners of Newcastle.... or City..

And I am not even interested in any of that clear and obvious bias either. I understand that most of us are conditioned. I am simply asking most of you to STOP this jingoistic, boring, monotonous bullshit in relentlessly and lazily blaming everything under the sun on either Roman Abramovich..(best ever club owner imo) oh er evil Russian Oligarch... Or more latterly UAE FC claiming that they are the root of all evils in the game when they are so clearly not even close to it. YOU all do this again and again and NONE of you EVER face the real guilty party..

The morphing of our game into what exists across the pond. The good old US of A which most of you think is the land of milk and honey - is anything but. it is the USA that keeps Saudi and UAE in play. it is the USA that demanded Roman was ripped away from Chelsea and it is from the USA that the takeover of our game is comming.

Like it or not - accept it or not - that is the plain and simple reality.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    yeah they are devout.. this is what causes their egotism. narcissistic traits. we see that in most religions, the more devout the person is more trouble they cause.

has for tail wagging dog. depends how massive the tail is
    Here is his devotion..

https://www.bnbrickeys.com/blog/blue-a-160m-superyacht-sheikh-mansour-is-the-owner

And as for Tail wagging the dog. You do realise that just 7 families control almost every business across Saudi (in Suadi it is just the House of Saud) and the 7 Emirate states.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/02/middleeast/gulf-arab-states-us-security-pact-mime-intl/index.html

Between oversight and autonomy

Some experts say that any agreement with the US will necessarily impact Gulf states’ autonomy over their own defense affairs, as the Biden administration is likely to ask for guarantees that its Arab allies reduce engagement with rivals like China and Russia, both of whom have bolstered ties with the Gulf states of late.

The UAE in 2021 suspended a multi-billion-dollar deal to buy US-made F-35 fighter jets amid Abu Dhabi’s growing frustration with Washington’s attempts to limit Chinese technology sales to the Gulf state. At the time, the sale was seen as a cornerstone of the UAE’s decision to normalize ties with Israel a year prior.

Asked if the UAE is still interested in procuring F-35 jets from the US, Gargash last month said it is, but stressed that there are “sovereign requirements” that need to be settled with the US.

Des Roches said that with a new security pact, the US is likely to ask the Gulf states to “curtail the fielding of any Chinese technology which has the potential to compromise US weaponry in service with Gulf countries.”

Who do you think is allowing them to operate with virtual impunity in the theatre of Western (mainly British & French ahem no surprise) sports?

What power could there be that is able to silence the FA - the Premier League.. To over turn UEFA charges and indeed control the CAS..?

Is it religion? is it the devout nature of anyone? OR is it in fact the slaves to money? The owners and controllers of global finance? The very people who NEED to control the gulf to maintain the status quo and suit their own agenda?

This is all about much MUCH more than sport.
    Last edited by Steveo; 13th June 2024 at 10:27 AM.

So - for the mental midgets that abound on this forum..

As we sit and witness the takeover of the Premier league - in the literal sense by US owners - to all but silnce from the media. Despite the fact that it is now at the extent that more than half of all Premier league clubs are part or entirely US owned and growing.

We have since seen independent Russian owners forced out - entirely illegally - yet done so via trial by media. Enforced by the same controllers who blew up the Nord Stream pipeline - forcing Europe to pay 6 times.. yes that is 6x more for US supplied Liquified gas....and then managed to silence the entire western media on the matter too.

All the while - Gulf states (nation states - countries) have for "some very strange reason"...ahem....not only been allowed to buy our football clubs, but to blatantly flout the clear rules stipulated.

In parallel to all of this the US has sought to "limit any" bilateral relations between said gulf states and Russia and China.. AND continue using them to dominate and control the entire region.

So - what is REALLY going on....??

Now.....

Let's see 'IF' it's worth conversing with any of you lot.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post

Replying again to untangle the typo's and mistakes when using my phone.

Quite ridiculous. I honestly believe that Bleasdale's Hughes could make more sense than you have here Jozza. YOu are usually pretty sound so maybe a heavy night ?

The irony... I already responded to miller - IF indeed YOU want to be "reading the posts" and comprehending. And I absolutely took the intended message just as miller suggested gurthers surely meant it - and far more definitively than your assumptions to any "potential stance". I mean what in the living fook is a "potential stance" anyway.

I could 'potentially' be 100% behind the manager after 38 games next season FFS..

What really gripes though is this:
    How can you on the one hand say "nationality has nothing to do with it" when it so fooking obviously does.

On the one hand individual doesn't mind a billionaire from the US owning the BS cause he won't splurge his money - but individual is willing to leave the sport entirely if one from Saudi does because we know he will.. But it has nothing to do with nationality.

We know Boehly has been one of the biggest spenders ever witnessed. Literally EVER. He certainly isn't a Saudi not from anywhere near the gulf. Nor is he Russian or Chinese..

We know that Sheff United are owned by a Saudi billionaire and he has spent peanuts.

So we know that despite the narrative things are more complex than a simple - Gulf owners means club buys the lot and US owners means club will drag itself along never spending a penny on players like - ahem - Man United..

So here another view.. I know - god forbid it eh. This time from the Toon who are Saudi PIF owned - something I totally disagree with btw - let's see

https://www.themag.co.uk/2023/11/premier-league-american-owners-voting-as-a-block-newcastle-united-liverpool-manchester-united/

Ok.. Ok..

FFS What is the point in this place.
    Last edited by Steveo; 13th June 2024 at 12:13 PM.

Miller and Jozza are quite correct about what my position is. The origin of the owners in irrelevant to me. It's how they operate in the context of the league and its competitive integrity.

I suspect Steveo was being purposely obtuse so that he had an excuse to express his concerns about a US geoeconomical boogeyman. I was concerned that he tortures himself over this issue, so I didn't reply for fear of upsetting the man further.

To answer to his question about whst is the point of the place .....well I think it's for discussing LFC and football in general 🤷*♂️

So - for the mental midgets that abound on this forum..
    Let's see 'IF' it's worth conversing with any of you lot.
    I fully understand you have an informed stance on a subject that you feel needs placed when providing contextual parameters to a thread of discussion that comes up repeatedly on the forum - and also understand a sense of frustration when people aren't "getting" something (happens to me regularly when discussing stuff going on in the natural world) but going about it this way probably isn't going to get many on side.

Said matter-of-factly and not as a dig, quip or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I fully understand you have an informed stance on a subject that you feel needs placed when providing contextual parameters to a thread of discussion that comes up repeatedly on the forum - and also understand a sense of frustration when people aren't "getting" something (happens to me regularly when discussing stuff going on in the natural world) but going about it this way probably isn't going to get many on side.

Said matter-of-factly and not as a dig, quip or otherwise.
    That's a very fancy way of saying; "Shut the fook up Steveo"....

yeah GOBBLE OFF Steveo
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    That's a very fancy way of saying; "Shut the fook up Steveo"....
    Steveo can and should post as often as he wants - certainly doesn't need my or anyone else's endorsement - and even if he repeatedly treads old ground, most of us do - I have likely bored forum users dry with net spend/ squad depth / pros of FSG to counter cons / Nature stuff. We all have stances on subjects so will retread and recycle.

My suggestion/guidance which nobody is compelled to take is to try to keep presentation of such stances tonally as far away as possible from the realms of anything that could be interpreted as (or even intended as) a variation of "you're an idiot, I'm always right,be right like me, here is how you absolute morons" as I don't think it harmonises the chat or furthers anyone's knowledge - nor their desire to do so.

That sounds much too serious and sincere for a for a Friday, so lol, bantz, raspberry rofls, lolcano etc