Page 131 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3181121124125126127128129130131132133 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1322

Thread: Football News

Stevo you've gone a bit like me these days angry and come across not very nice sometimes

you ok babe ?
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Stevo you've gone a bit like me these days angry and come across not very nice sometimes

you ok babe ?
    Kevativity? Steveocity?

You're all good lads.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

https://x.com/paddypower/status/1801538567883145607?s=48&t=FgoTsENGGkHEqVlZIXuyZg

The line "typing thing out in my own accent "

That's what JockStrap has been up too since the end of the season 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Steveo can and should post as often as he wants - certainly doesn't need my or anyone else's endorsement - and even if he repeatedly treads old ground, most of us do - I have likely bored forum users dry with net spend/ squad depth / pros of FSG to counter cons / Nature stuff. We all have stances on subjects so will retread and recycle.

My suggestion/guidance which nobody is compelled to take is to try to keep presentation of such stances tonally as far away as possible from the realms of anything that could be interpreted as (or even intended as) a variation of "you're an idiot, I'm always right,be right like me, here is how you absolute morons" as I don't think it harmonises the chat or furthers anyone's knowledge - nor their desire to do so.

That sounds much too serious and sincere for a for a Friday, so lol, bantz, raspberry rofls, lolcano etc
    I was merely jesting Sid old bean, lol...

"lolcano" I like that.... Lol(cano).

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I was merely jesting Sid old bean, lol...

"lolcano" I like that.... Lol(cano).
    Righto chum!

Great lol of China.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    https://x.com/paddypower/status/1801538567883145607?s=48&t=FgoTsENGGkHEqVlZIXuyZg

The line "typing thing out in my own accent "

That's what JockStrap has been up too since the end of the season 🤣🤣
    "I was too embarrassed to tell my girlfriend so I just told her I'd pished myself"! LMFAO

Nuri Sahin, who went through the Dortmund academy and was on loan to us from Real Madrid for the 12/13 season is now the Dortmund head coach.

The Friedkin Group has agreed a deal in principle to complete a takeover of Everton, BBC Sport understands.
    Chairman Dan Friedkin, who also owns Roma, is now strong favourite to purchase the Toffees after jumping ahead of four other bidders.
    A decision over whether Friedkin wants to exercise the option of buying current owner Farhad Moshiri's 94% stake could come by the weekend, with Friedkin thought to be flexible about the exact structure of any deal.
    American businessman Friedkin, who has a reported net worth of £4.8bn, wants Serie A side Roma and Premier League club Everton to sit at the top of a multi-club model.
    Moshiri is now expected to grant the group a period of exclusivity.
    Friedkin has moved in front of four rival bidders, including UK-based investment firm Vici Private Finance, MSP Sports Capital, local businessmen Andy Bell and George Downing and a consortium involving a Saudi royal.
    News of the Friedkin bid appeared to prompt the withdrawal from the process for that final consortium, which was being led by London-based businessman and lawyer Vatche Manoukian alongside the unnamed Saudi royal and families with a high net worth from the United States.
    In a statement to BBC Sport, the Manoukian-led consortium said: "Everton fans deserve to be competing for trophies once again and we hope this deal delivers success for the club on and off the pitch. I want to thank our world-class investors for their support and we are excited to turn our focus to new opportunities to take great clubs to the next level."
    Everton finished 15th last season after being docked eight points in total for breaching Premier League financial rules.
    They must comply with the Premier League's profit and sustainability rules by the end of this month.
    The club are also scheduled to make a payment to US-based firm MSP, who are one of Friedkin's rival bidders and have loaned the club around £158m.
    Everton have confirmed their move to a new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock for the start of the 2025-26 season.
    The Friedkin Group took control of Serie A side Roma in 2020 and oversaw the appointment of manager Jose Mourinho the following year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurthers View Post
    Miller and Jozza are quite correct about what my position is. The origin of the owners in irrelevant to me. It's how they operate in the context of the league and its competitive integrity.

I suspect Steveo was being purposely obtuse so that he had an excuse to express his concerns about a US geoeconomical boogeyman. I was concerned that he tortures himself over this issue, so I didn't reply for fear of upsetting the man further.

To answer to his question about whst is the point of the place .....well I think it's for discussing LFC and football in general ��*♂️
    Bullshit and you can try to hide behind others who missed my point entirely again through this very same inability to actually see OR acknowledge the reality.

You are 100% judging the next scenario based 100% on the nationality of an owner. Despite that - in itself - being totally out of order, and all the evidence highlighting how ridiculous that is.

And that is the very definition of “Obtuse”.

EDIT: And as we can see from the post above on the Friedkin Group - you can relax and continue to enjoy the sport - for now - as yet another benign US benefactor that already owns another storied club in Europe...looks well placed to take over the BS.
    Last edited by Steveo; 15th June 2024 at 09:16 AM.

I blame the tap water....