Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: Euros 2024 thread / match talk

Or Southgate could grow a set of balls and go 3 at the back with Walker right side of a 3 and push Trent up as a wing back.

In order to maximise his amazing passing skills he needs to be playing in a team that play on the front foot, the exact opposite of an England team that score a goal and then try and defend it. No forward options for Trent except a slow Harry Kane who is carrying an injury to his back and should have been subbed for a forward with the pace to run in behind.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Or Southgate could grow a set of balls and go 3 at the back with Walker right side of a 3 and push Trent up as a wing back.
    Nailed it

He started with 3 at the back at the beginning of his tenure. Only problem with that is that he also played 2 defensive midfielders in front of them!

But it suits a lot of our players right now.

Pickford
    Walker - Stones - Guehi
    TTA------------------------------Trippier/Shaw
    Bellingham - Rice
    Foden
    Kane - Watkins/Toney/Bowen
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Engerland just need to find a trio like Mo - Mane and Bobby.. Then it will all fall into place for Trent.

On another note - Imagine if our Trent had been as anonymous as that inbred fella.. wass'is name..? Phil..?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Engerland just need to find a trio like Mo - Mane and Bobby.. Then it will all fall into place for Trent.

On another note - Imagine if our Trent had been as anonymous as that inbred fella.. wass'is name..? Phil..?
    Image if they'd binned Southgate and got our Jurgen in for the month. 🤣🤣🤣
    The whole country would've seen what we seen !!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Was one thing I was hoping to see if Amorim became our Manager but as it stands I think I'm going to be very happy with Slot.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    In order to maximise his amazing passing skills he needs to be playing in a team that play on the front foot, the exact opposite of an England team that score a goal and then try and defend it. No forward options for Trent except a slow Harry Kane who is carrying an injury to his back and should have been subbed for a forward with the pace to run in behind.
    Is there an argument that England should consider two different set ups ahead of the back four, one to include Bellingham and one to include Foden rather than trying to shoe horn both players into the same side.

Bellingham and Trent in a team based around dynamism pace and clever movement, ie..

Forward line : Anthony, Eze, Watkins,

Midfield : Rice, Trent and Bellingham

Foden in a team based around patience, possession and measured control.

Forward line : Gordon, Kane and Saka

Midfield : Rice, Palmer and Foden

Just throwing this idea out there… as we seem to have another Gerrard, Lampard and Scholes issue going on with the current three of Bellingham, Foden and Trent, and we all know how that panned out.

Maybe this idea will help to alleviate that particular conundrum…

I forgot to mention that we could start the game with one set-up, and if things are not working out during the game, you could then make four subs and you instantly could have a complete change of dynamic and threat.

Also it gives opportunities to the squad for game time with less demands on just a preferred 11…

England I think is having a great group of players again. Not as powerful as the 2000 England. But I think a team that should frighten other teams. But unfortunately you have a Manager who can't adjust to not just fit them into one team but play in a way that suits the player.

Kane is a magnificent goalscorer but thos team actually needs a none that can spin in behind or the Manager to play him like a Firmino but have 2 rapid wide players and a quick transition type of game.

Englands most talented players are Trent, Bellingham and Foden. I would start all 3 but actually play to their strengths.

I think England should play 4-2-3-1

Trent as the RB, Foden left, Palmer right and Jude in behind the 9. Play a high press which most of the players are used to. Have Rice as the DM and maybe Gallagher alongside him. Play 3 CB to allow Trent to the attacking defender. Or even have Jude as the 8 next to Rice and have Foden as the 10 with license.

Also Eze and Gordon are dangerous weapons alongside Palmer which Soutgate clearly doesn't know how to use. You could even play Eze in midfield.

Embarrassment of attacking talent but a Manager who doesn't know how to create a yempo based game to keep Englsnd on the front foot and dominating thus allowing his key players to play the way they play at club level.