Page 724 of 728 FirstFirst ... 224624674714717718719720721722723724725726727728 LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,240 of 7276

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Need a 6 for starters, then a CB, then a RWF.
    If players like Diaz or Nunez are set on leaving then of course they need replacing.
    Next is a LB. But over all our squad is in decent shape.

Looking forward to seeing more of Bradley, Danns and Gordon etc this season too.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Need a 6 for starters, then a CB, then a RWF.
    If players like Diaz or Nunez are set on leaving then of course they need replacing.
    These are the areas that I want to see improved as well - think the same goes for most Reds. I do feel that if there isn't a stellar 6 available that we should go 4-2-3-1 and wait until the right one is available rather than buy a stop-gap - any players joining us need to be starting XI quality for me.

Of Núñez and Diaz, if one is departing, I hope Núñez stays - his underlying stats are there, such as getting an expected 4 shots per 90 and generally taking them from good positions -

https://understat.com/player/10720

- though I appreciate he isn't getting them in the back of the net with appropriate consistency and that needs to come. He's also still not 25 yet and I believe he can be a real asset from 25-29 for us - though time will tell.

Big, big Copa America for him and for Uruguay as Suarez's knees aren't up to 90-minute matches now at that level.

Who are your 2 in the 4231?

Bajcetic may have a role to play, will MacAllister fare better in a 2 than on his own in the middle of a 3?

Supposedly looking at Riccardo Califiori from Bologna, 23, 6ft 2in left sided CB, played 30 league games for them this season.

A left-footed defender, Calafiori started out playing as a left-back or left-sided wing-back, before being shifted to a centre-back role during his spell at Bologna, under manager Thiago Motta, due to his ability to start attacking plays from the back with his passing range, establishing himself as one of the best defenders in Serie A during the 2023–24 season.[13][24] Tactically, he is capable of playing in a back three or a back four, and is known for his anticipation, as well as his aggressive and physical style when putting pressure on opponents.[25][26] A quick and powerful player, he has been mainly praised for his technique and his shooting prowess from distance, while also being known for his ball-carrying ability. His height also makes him effective in aerial duels. As a full-back, he was capable of getting forward to provide crosses from the touchline, or assisting his team defensively with his quick recoveries.[25][26][27]
    Considered to be one of the most promising Italian talents of his generation,[25][28] in 2019 he was included in The Guardian's Next Generation list of the 60 best young talents in world football,[29] before being named as one of UEFA's "50 for the future" in 2021.[30]

Supposedly looking at Riccardo Califiori from Bologna, 23, 6ft 2in left sided CB, played 30 league games for them this season.

A left-footed defender, Calafiori started out playing as a left-back or left-sided wing-back, before being shifted to a centre-back role during his spell at Bologna, under manager Thiago Motta, due to his ability to start attacking plays from the back with his passing range, establishing himself as one of the best defenders in Serie A during the 2023–24 season.[13][24] Tactically, he is capable of playing in a back three or a back four, and is known for his anticipation, as well as his aggressive and physical style when putting pressure on opponents.[25][26] A quick and powerful player, he has been mainly praised for his technique and his shooting prowess from distance, while also being known for his ball-carrying ability. His height also makes him effective in aerial duels. As a full-back, he was capable of getting forward to provide crosses from the touchline, or assisting his team defensively with his quick recoveries.[25][26][27]
    Considered to be one of the most promising Italian talents of his generation,[25][28] in 2019 he was included in The Guardian's Next Generation list of the 60 best young talents in world football,[29] before being named as one of UEFA's "50 for the future" in 2021.[30]
    Sounds perfect, 10/10 why ain't he at real madrid?

Lolz
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Sounds perfect, 10/10 why ain't he at real madrid?

Lolz
    Well they want Yoro and hardly need him AND Califiori - but you'd put nothing past them.

Who are your 2 in the 4231?
    I'd be rotating a lot given the expanded Champion's League format and the fact there will have been a Euro and a Copa America in the legs of some players, but in terms of the main players I'd use in there it would be -

- Mac Allister
    - Endo
    - Jones
    - Bajcetic

Endo and Mac aren't particularly quick, but they'll be less exposed in a "2" than a "1" so I wouldn't mind seeing them in there.

I see Szoboszlai, Gravenberch and Elliott as lads I'd want a bit further up the pitch. Don't mind seeing Trent in there the odd time for portions of certain types of game, but I don't especially see him as a mainstay midfielder - he's very much a right wing-back for me.

If a top player or verging-on-top player is available for midfield then I'd obviously spend, but I don't want to see a £20m "half-decent option" mid arrive as a stop-gap until next Summer as we have plenty of options as it is - we have reasonable depth pretty much everywhere so acquisitions should be top players - 2 or 3 quality (usually expensive!) players would delight me - 5 or 6 squad role players would disappoint.

We will definitely need to utilise the squad with that new CL format. Hadn't really read much about it until yesterday. Not sure I like the sound of it.
    It'll definitely be more competitive but there's a chance teams could find themselves in bother with a bad spell in it. The days of "easy" groups are gone now which has its pros and cons I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Well they want Yoro and hardly need him AND Califiori - but you'd put nothing past them.
    There's been a couple of reports ( not reliable) that were going big on this kid. 59m. They much be expecting him to be a VvD/Baresi/Beckenbauer hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    We will definitely need to utilise the squad with that new CL format. Hadn't really read much about it until yesterday. Not sure I like the sound of it.
    It'll definitely be more competitive but there's a chance teams could find themselves in bother with a bad spell in it. The days of "easy" groups are gone now which has its pros and cons I guess.
    There are pros and cons to the new format.

Pros -

• You play a wider range of teams. How often have we played Napoli, Real Madrid and Porto over the last few years! We'll play 8 different teams next season.
    • No falling into the UEFA Cup for failing.
    • Should be easier to reach the knockout round (a Pro for us).
    • Gives an opportunity for smaller clubs to a) play in the main group phase and b) reach the knockout stage.

Cons

• Play two extra games in group stage
    • Will play 2 extra games in the knockout stages if finishing between 9th and 24th
    • Less jeopardy for most top teams
    • Not sure how a 36 team league table can be decided by 8 games, where everyone plays a different set of fixtures. Doesnt seem fair to me.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side