Page 725 of 728 FirstFirst ... 225625675715718719720721722723724725726727728 LastLast
Results 7,241 to 7,250 of 7276

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    There's been a couple of reports ( not reliable) that were going big on this kid. 59m. They much be expecting him to be a VvD/Baresi/Beckenbauer hybrid.
    Well, given the current over-inflation of the market and the "potential" tax, I don't think that is an extortionate fee for such a promising player.

He has partnered Bastoni in the Euro there and allegedly not looked at all out of place - impressive given it would have been his 3rd (?) cap for his country.

Francesco Acerbi is unavailable for the Euro and Scalvini tore his ACL at the end of the season with Atalanta so the stars have aligned for him somewhat in terms of getting his name out there.

Must also be said he has the "look" - it doesn't matter to us of course from a quality and playing perspective, but a floppy-haired, hair-band wearing, cool-as-a-Cucumber Italian is a marketing dream and will (sadly, I grant) be a consideration for anyone going in for him.

Bayern Munich and Man City I think were linked before the season had even ended. The player himself has modelled himself on John Stones in terms of play-style in the (recent) past.

5 assists and a goal in Series A as well - if people liked Matip stepping into midfield, then Califiori should make them very happy. Not to mention he was a full-back as well, so we'd have that versatility for any sort of hybrid role if we had 3 at the back in a possession phase.

Let's say it is £59m. Having Quansah (already at the club) and Califiori simultaneously, with a couple more seasons of learning/tutelage from Van Dijk to mould them and a head coach with a rep for developing young players could (in time) make £59m seem a paltry amount of money if we end up with a centre-back pairing that could last a decade, complimented by Konate's presence in the squad.

If his development continues and we ensure we sort the contracts of a couple of key players, whilst not neglecting to bolster the DM and right-sided forward areas, then the blend of talent and age profile in the squad would look pretty excellent.

Thankfully, if we don't get him, the World is full of thousands of football players - indeed, Bologna bought Califiori for a miniscule £3.4m from Basel - exactly the sort of business we should do, but unfortunately the sort of "boring" business that a lot of fans chalk up to penny-pinching.

I was on about Yoro. Lolz,sorry mate.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I was on about Yoro. Lolz,sorry mate.
    Quite alright!

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    There are pros and cons to the new format.

Pros -

• You play a wider range of teams. How often have we played Napoli, Real Madrid and Porto over the last few years! We'll play 8 different teams next season.
    • No falling into the UEFA Cup for failing.
    • Should be easier to reach the knockout round (a Pro for us).
    • Gives an opportunity for smaller clubs to a) play in the main group phase and b) reach the knockout stage.

Cons

• Play two extra games in group stage
    • Will play 2 extra games in the knockout stages if finishing between 9th and 24th
    • Less jeopardy for most top teams
    • Not sure how a 36 team league table can be decided by 8 games, where everyone plays a different set of fixtures. Doesnt seem fair to me.
    I'm not sure it'll be easier to make the KO round. It could see a few *big" teams go out if they had a sticky spell which some often do but just scrape through. Makes it better from a competitive element though Id say. There could be a few trans doing what Dortmund did this season and going really far. It'll just take a good run.
    That additional round for 9-24 isn't fair whilst the other 1-8 effectively have a bye round. Seems a bit NFL that.
    I don't think that's fair at all. It's protecting teams from what I see,unless I'm reading it wrong.

I know theres loads of names being banded about.And im sure we are interested in several or more players. Being interested and getting them to sign is two different things. Not easy doing transfers. Firstly the selling club hypes the price up when big clubs are interested in their players and sometimes the player just doesn't want to come to that club.
    We ain't the only club that goes through these issues. So time will tell if we do good business in the summer
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Well they want Yoro and hardly need him AND Califiori - but you'd put nothing past them.
    it was a bit of a tongue of cheek comment, because Miller's copy and paste makes him sound the best ever player going and incredible, i'm sure he's good but cmon...... hence the r eal madrid comment, why no other team got him yet, and real madrid have the best youth players around. surely they'd have snapped him up already !
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    it was a bit of a tongue of cheek comment, because Miller's copy and paste makes him sound the best ever player going and incredible, i'm sure he's good but cmon...... hence the r eal madrid comment, why no other team got him yet, and real madrid have the best youth players around. surely they'd have snapped him up already !
    Gotcha.

I think 92 career appearances at club level across 3 Italian clubs and a Swiss club is going against him - plenty will want the sample size to be a bit bigger - the 120-150 appearances mark was quoted at least once in old articles about our own recruitment policy.

Apparently….

Liverpool aim to beat Chelsea and Manchester United to the signing of French winger Michael Olise, 22, from Crystal Palace. (Football Transfers)

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Apparently….

Liverpool aim to beat Chelsea and Manchester United to the signing of French winger Michael Olise, 22, from Crystal Palace. (Football Transfers)
    He's a Man United fan, living in London, linked with clubs that aren't new to over-paying on the wage front.

Will be absolutely amazed if we sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    He's a Man United fan, living in London, linked with clubs that aren't new to over-paying on the wage front.

Will be absolutely amazed if we sign him.
    Me too.
    There was a discussion about him on the Anfield wrap. They were saying he's going to want to go to a club where he's the main man. Unless Mo is either sold or shifted central that ain't happening at Liverpool.
    Shame as his stats are spot on when you look at the fact he only played 19 games last season but that also highlights his injury issues,he's going to go up levels if he can stay fit. He's going to be a cracking player but I don't think it'll be for us.
    With Chelsea and Utd both not in the CL he will have a big decision to make if he's leaving,I definitely see it being one of those two that sign him.