Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to LFC Arne Slot

Ahh that makes sense now.

Read yesterday he was in Turkey looking for a replacement up top…

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Correct... what I am waiting for keenly though is this:

Jajajajajaja Steveo. I'm sharing that, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post

Yep - other sources now claiming he’s also in for….back and sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    I'm not arsed if he hasn't done a presser yet. What's he going to say?
    Communications are down on Arrakis so if he is overseeing the harvesting of Spice for a bit, we won't hear from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Communications are down on Arrakis so if he is overseeing the harvesting of Spice for a bit, we won't hear from him.
    I thought we left the Spice behind when Roy Evans stepped down lol.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post

He actually did his presser on the first of June there, but none of us have seen it because it's behind a pay-wall and we are waiting for a subscriber to upload it to YouTube back to front to avoid copyright

The Slotmeister: are you ready?

https://x.com/LFC/status/1803382272399221128

Fixtures for the new season are fresh from being released, it's eight weeks until it all gets under way. That will go very quickly, so what are your priorities in the next eight weeks?

In pre-season it's all about getting players fit and getting your game idea, your game model, into the players. We have quite a lot of training time with a few of them; and it depends how far players will go into the tournaments they are playing, how much time we have to work with these players. But like you already mentioned, the playing style will not be completely different. But it would be strange if we would do exactly similar things, because although I'm the replacement of Jürgen Klopp, I'm not exactly similar to him.

So we'll try with the players who come in at the beginning, which is quite a lot of them already, to implement our idea of football as soon as we can. And when the rest come in a bit later, hopefully the ones who are there already can help us as a coaching staff so that they know what is being expected. Probably it will go as fast as possible because we have to be ready for the first game with Ipswich away.

Before that comes the USA tour. You'll lead your team in the dugout for the first time in Pittsburgh in July. You must be excited for that?

Yeah, I think it's always special to have games in the United States. From what I've been told, the stadiums are quite full or completely full. That's a special way of starting your career at Liverpool. But especially if you go to a new club, the first time is always special. First time arriving here for the first training session, the first time leading a session, and the first time leading a game will be special. But most of course I'm looking forward to is leading a game at Anfield. But we have to wait a while before that happens.

We spoke a little bit about Feyenoord at the start. You must be in a wonderful place mentally now to have left them amongst Europe's elite again. It's always probably quite sad to leave a club that has such a big part in your life, though?

Yeah, I think it was during the interview I said that last season I had the chance to go to the Premier League as well; I decided to stay because I felt that things weren't done yet. When I started there, the club was in quite a difficult place, didn't have a lot of money, ended up fifth I think. And we could change that around. Now, with two successive seasons of Champions League, winning the title once, winning the cup once, and the value the squad has now is completely different to three years ago – I think it's fair to say I left Feyenoord in a good place. I have all the belief that the new head coach over there will do a great job there as well, because he's inheriting a good culture and a very good team as well.

They sing You'll Never Walk Alone, like Liverpool do…

I've already said, there's a few similarities between Feyenoord and Liverpool. Both are cities alongside the river, people work on the docks, it's a hard working class, fans that appreciate seeing the team. I think these clubs like Feyenoord and Liverpool, from what I saw of it, it just means a bit more for the fans, it just means a bit more if the team does well than at some other places around the world. This is what I felt at Feyenoord and I'm expecting to feel the same here at Anfield as well.

We're looking forward to it, too. A good way to finish is a message from you to the fans…

You surprised me a bit on this one! There is a change but the change hopefully isn't that big, because we still have the same players, we still have the same fans – and if the both of them are going to do the same job, that will make my life a lot more easy! I'm expecting them to show up again in the upcoming season, and the same for the players. I will do everything within my interest and power to lead the team in the best possible way.