Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast

Thread: Euros 2024 thread / match talk

England are terrible, they are talented players but Southgate is clueless.

Not that I care for the national team but this group should be performing far better than they are.

The whole is less than the sum of its parts.

Or the players are hyped up beyond all recognition.

I say it’s a bit of both. For me it’s the same old Physical Fast Fit Engerland. Rarely do you see any of them who actually offers quality when the game is slower. It’s all run run run.

Now they will spend the next x amount of days talking tactics. Managers come and go - Engerland get nice draws in tournaments or they are going home before the group stages end

The Danes are disappointed that they didn’t win. The Engerlanders are not doing a good job of hiding the fact that they anre over the moon they have 4 points.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Another Liverpool player who'll get the "never did it for Englesi" treatment.
    I genuinely don't give a fuck how they get on.
    I dont give a fuck about England either, but that doesn't stop me wanting to see Trent play well, if he has a good tournament that can only be a good for his confidence going into next season…

Tbh he looks lost out there, in and out of possession… and its painful to watch. I will be surprised if he starts another game this tournament, which ultimately might not be a bad thing tbh. 😁

He can them come back reasonably fresh and fingers crossed injury free.

I could careless for the main reasons. I despise our media..and the whole thing that surrounds England football
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    I dont give a fuck about England either, but that doesn't stop me wanting to see Trent play well, if he has a good tournament that can only be a good for his confidence going into next season…

Tbh he looks lost out there, in and out of possession… and its painful to watch. I will be surprised if he starts another game this tournament, which ultimately might not be a bad thing tbh. 😁

He can them come back reasonably fresh and fingers crossed injury free.
    I took want him to play well. I wanted this midfield role to work there but it clearly isn't.
    I think he'll be dropped now also. Probably won't feature again in the starting 11.

The fact both Liverpool and Engerland cannot decide or define an ideal place for Trent - tells its own story.

Doesn’t bode well for his future in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    The fact both Liverpool and Engerland cannot decide or define an ideal place for Trent - tells its own story.

Doesn’t bode well for his future in this country.
    Agree. I'm a bit concerned about it. It looked like he was signing a new deal but that's gone quiet now.
    I don't see him at RB going forward, Bradley is clearly better defensively and the midfield thing isn't looking too promising. I'd still be really gutted if he left.

Some fantasists on X wanting Southgate sacked now and Jurgen to take over for rhe rest of the tournament. Of course he'd do that in a competition held in his home country🤣