Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 69101112131415161718192021222326 ... LastLast

Thread: Euros 2024 thread / match talk

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    The fact both Liverpool and Engerland cannot decide or define an ideal place for Trent - tells its own story.

Doesn’t bode well for his future in this country.
    Who in Europe do you think are going to buy him based on his recent performances for England, I think Jurgen accommodated Trent with his team set up, because of his undoubted threat going forward, it will be interesting to see if R-Na (Arne) does the same, or if he decides that is simply not going to happen…

Change the system and play him as a wing back or stick to playing him RB and accept his occasional lapses.

Trent's lapses in defence were well covered by Hendo / Milner but we don't have anyone in that mould to play on the right of midfield anymore. A highly mobile number 6 would certainly help

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Or the players are hyped up beyond all recognition.

I say it’s a bit of both. For me it’s the same old Physical Fast Fit Engerland. Rarely do you see any of them who actually offers quality when the game is slower. It’s all run run run.

Now they will spend the next x amount of days talking tactics. Managers come and go - Engerland get nice draws in tournaments or they are going home before the group stages end
    We're not even seeing that at the moment. It's all very pedestrian. None of the forwards have any real pace and Kane looks like he's ready for the knackers yard.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Change the system and play him as a wing back or stick to playing him RB and accept his occasional lapses.
    Southgate wont do it for England. But I would persist with him at RB for us, what he offers going forward outways his (over emphasised) defensive lapses.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

They will smash Slovenia and everyone will be singing from a different hym sheet.

As a nation of this size most often with the toughest domestic league - our players have a monumental advantage… The fact we have never won a major tournament outside of the home (largely rigged) WC in ‘66 is shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    Who in Europe do you think are going to buy him based on his recent performances for England, I think Jurgen accommodated Trent with his team set up, because of his undoubted threat going forward, it will be interesting to see if R-Na (Arne) does the same, or if he decides that is simply not going to happen…
    It’s a good question. Frankly outside of Klopp-ball I don’t see many willing to play with 10 for long spells just to benefit from that wand.

Quote Originally Posted by Creator Supremes View Post
    Some fantasists on X wanting Southgate sacked now and Jurgen to take over for rhe rest of the tournament. Of course he'd do that in a competition held in his home country🤣
    Wales are looking for a manager

Nico Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Nico Williams
    Looked very good against Italy