Page 111 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1161101104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1113

Thread: Darwin Nunez

If I remember rightly, he was very tight with social media when he arrived. He's probably fed up of reading all the (badly translated) frustrated online comments when he himself is frustrated. Feels like a bit of a tantrum and it's feeding on his form. Let's hope it's not a prelude to a mive. I still think he can do something for us.

He is just sick of all the shyte. Don’t blame him. Nothing to do with his long term future here with us as far as I can tell.

I think the fact he has deleted all Liverpool related posts indicate it is very much to do with his future here. If he was sick of all the shyte, why not just come off socal media altogether?

He did have a run of 3 or 4 games in which he played like I’d imagined when we were looking to sign him, popping up deep or advanced throughout the final third, left inside left right inside right & centre, & for that brief spell started to look like the player I thought we were buying with the right integration, so he could still become that player

He’s a lad I think everyone needs to keep grounded as he starts believing his own hype after a couple of good games & stops doing all the above & just hanging around in the No9 position

I think in his head he is on Suarez’s level & has already written a story that like Suarez he’d be here a couple of seasons be the top top player, one of the all time greats & move to Barcelona at his peak just like Suarez & he’s nowhere near nor will he ever be, not anywhere near prime Cavani either.

And everytime he has a couple of good games in a row, that’s where his head goes & he stops giving himself the opportunity of becoming as good as he possibly can be, stops working & starts goal hanging

He should first start idolising Suarez’s incredible work rate & desire & that it was higher than ever in his prime & his & determination to continually improve & always do the same

Nunez shuid ken that spam runs thro' everything.

He's bin unlucky this seezin. He's capable o' getting 15 goals a seezin.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

https://x.com/Mobyhaque1/status/1805070382686445821

Tidy finish last night (missed a couple of easier chances too, because Núñez) not long after his hat-trick against Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    https://x.com/Mobyhaque1/status/1805070382686445821

Tidy finish last night (missed a couple of easier chances too, because Núñez) not long after his hat-trick against Mexico.
    Hopefully some scouts are watching and a crazy team will make a bid for him
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Hopefully some scouts are watching and a crazy team will make a bid for him
    I know I won't convert you on Darwin, but no team would be "crazy" to target him right now.

- Still only 24
    - Respectable injury record.
    - He got 26-in-28 in Portugal.
    - He managed (can't remember, will edit exact figure later) something like 20 goals or assists last season.
    - Has a Champion's League goal-scoring record of 10 goals in 1016 minutes, nearly a goal per game.
    - The breakdown of those Champion's League goals is -

- 2 against Barca
    - 2 against Klopp's Liverpool
    - 2 against Ajax
    - 1 against Real Madrid
    - 1 against Bayern Munich
    - 1 against Napoli
    - 1 against Rangers

- in short, mostly good sides.

Then since Bielsea took over at Uruguay he has something like (will double-check later and make edit if necessary) 9 goals and 3 assists in 8 games, which is a goal-scoring contribution every 51.7 minutes.

No team would be "crazy" to try and buy him. Despite inconsistencies he has a good injury record, pace, strength and age all on his side and has been coached by Klopp and (now) Bielsea - and is about to get coaching from Slot who is highly rated.

There are no guarantees in football and Darwin may never fulfil his potential to his fullest, but there is every chance that things are going to click for Darwin and we get a big goal-scoring season out of him this season or next - and even if he doesn't chalk up the bigger numbers, he can still be useful even if he isn't the first pick Nine for us.

If fans can get around the fact he isn't Haaland and can stop focusing on his transfer fee, they're likely in for a treat. The last thing we want is to do what Mourinho did with De Bruyne and Salah.

Yeah he only cost us time and time agains, fucking up easy chances, crouch would have scored more.

Watkins made a good point about golden boot, doesn't get near half the chances as are strikers........

but keep defending him, let's see where we get with him as our #9 for years, fuck my life.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 24th June 2024 at 03:12 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Yeah he only cost us time and time agains, fucking up easy chances, crouch would have scored more.

Watkins made a good point about golden boot, doesn't get near half the chances as are strikers........

but keep defending him, let's see where we get with him as our #9 for years, fuck my life.
    As I said, I know I won't convert you - and of course I'll defend him, given the club he plays for.

I do like to add stats for analysis for all to see and our chat (and the breathing space of being outside of the League season) is a decent chance for that when there's a reprieve in the League schedule.

Darwin's 0.48 goals per 90' in the League (11 goals) puts him in the 94th percentile.

Darwin's 0.35 assists per 90' in the League (8 assists) puts him in the 95th percentile.

Darwin's 0.84 goals+assists per 90' (19 goal contributions) put him in the 96th percentile.

Darwin's 0.66 xG per 90' (14.86 expected goals) put him in the 98th percentile.

He's effective. Would further improvement from our 24-year old forward be welcome? Of course it would. Will be be our #9 for years? Not if he doesn't perform - football is ruthless, so you may be rid of him soon enough.

But he certainly has the potential to be a very useful part of our attacking force. Indeed, whilst he still has further to go (he "should" have had 15 League goals this season based off his xG, rather than 11) but he has as much chance of making it as he does of botching it - I believe he's on the cusp.