Page 728 of 729 FirstFirst ... 228628678718721722723724725726727728729 LastLast
Results 7,271 to 7,280 of 7282

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I still dont understand why we dont have a homegrown player as a 3rd choice keeper. Having to use a foreign space just seems like a waste.
    Good reputation for being great in the dressing room and settling South American lads in, plus being a consummate professional in training who never whined about not being first/second pick, but yeah, eventually you need to be offering more than that.

Adrian is leaving for Betis. good!
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Adrian is leaving for Betis. good!
    For Betis or for worse

Its because of his wages and i don't blame the club, Williams is already on 200,000+ and would want more

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Its because of his wages and i don't blame the club, Williams is already on 200,000+ and would want more
    Sign him up, it’s a lower fee with the cost coming in wages instead type deal

We desperately need a player like him

Look at the talent in that Spain side & see how frequently they try & give him the ball to make things happen for them

we may get a defender and thats it.. "we'll look again in January" theres no business to be done in the summer. because theres little or no time to get deals done.
    Sure not a lot of business is being done by any club. But we don't do business as it is. fuck knows where the 100+ million we had for Caicedo has gone, back into Scrooge Mcducks back pocket..
    Slot has been brought into be a coach and nothing else.and a good company man

Waiting for us to spend money is like waiting for those arse holes at the Bank of England to reduce Interest Rates.

There’s always another reason why not.

Get the feeling he’s going to Juve

🚨(&#127765 |
    @FabrizioRomano
    : After initial plan to keep Riccardo Calafiori, Bologna now feel that will be almost impossible. Bologna anticipate big proposals for Calafiori soon.

↪️ Juventus have player’s green light since May but still no agreement with Bologna. Premier League clubs, now keen.

It's easy to forget how many players Slot has to get a look at before we dip into the market - which we should of course, before anyone gets it twisted - as we have 3 positions most Reds are calling out for improvement in.

This will probably not format/display as cleanly as I'd like by the time I embolden/italic it due to how the forum spaces things out, but I'll attempt a (rough picture). I am laying it out in a loose 4-3-3 as that's what we are familiar with - naturally it's possible that Slot goes 4-2-3-1 as our default, but this will do for now, with a view to clean-up at a later point. Also certain sides of the pitch (attack especially) are lop-sided for depth, so you may see one or two players in incorrect areas just for making easier reading of the numbers aspect of how many players are around - Carvalho I will definitely be placing in a "wrong" spot right off the bat. Lastly, a lad like Bajcetic can play multiple positions - I do understand a few will think "hold on, X lad should really be over here" - I know!!!!

................Jaros - Davies - Pitaluga - Mrozek
    ..............................Kelleher................
    ..............................Alisson................

.............................Williams - Phillips
    ...........Beck - Scanlon - Chambers - Van den Berg
    Bradley...........Gomez.......Quansah.........................Tsimikas
    Trent............Konate.......Van Dijk.......................Robertson

.................Clark - Bajcetic - Morton - McConnell
    ..................Elliott...............Endo.............Gravenberch
    ...........Szoboszlai...............Mac Allister..............Jones

..............Koumas - Danns - Gordon - Doak
    ...........Carvalho..........Gakpo......................Jota
    ........Salah...............Núñez.....................Diaz

I think it's fair to say that Slot has a lot to take in, as does Hughes. Needless to say, there are players there who aren't good enough (sorry Nat Phillips, truth hurts) or ones that are GOOD but could use an eventual starting XI upgrade if the right player is available (I really like Endo, but want better) but there are also players who are still developing, or might break through. I do think we'll make an acquisition or two, but am not currently seeing a squad that needs major upheaval either - I think most agree that a right-sided forward, a centre-back and a DM would all be dreamy if they're of the desired quality. I don't think we'll be signing all three in one window, but those are the positions we most likely need to invest in. I hope we don't buy any "he'll do for a year or two" players - I'd honestly "make do" for a year to get a £60m player for that position next season, than buy a £20m stop-gap and eat into a future budget - but that's just me.

Also worth remembering that the Copa America and the Euro are on simultaneously, so I think the fact it's reasonably quiet for us is normal anyway - but especially given that Slot needs to see these lads at the AXA and make some assessments, which he currently can't do for many players.

Still, all-in-all I think that's a pretty healthy looking squad and with a few smart decisions can only get better. There are forty (!!!) players there I think and if we manage to upgrade on 3-5 of them pretty quickly (some via the market, some via further development, some via simply being available again like Bajcetic) we'll be in a really good place. Arne Slot has inherited a really healthy group of players.
    Last edited by Insidious; Yesterday at 09:14 AM.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay